Don Toni => Hard Rock Hotel

I

icebaer69

"...
Matutes Enterprises wants to convert the Club Don Toni in a Hard Rock Hotel
The international reach Ibiza in June with the opening of the Hard Rock Café
in Vara de Rey

L. Aversa | 13/04/2013
The Club Don Toni in Playa d'en Bossa will become a Hard Rock Hotel.
Matutes Business The idea of having a third musical hotel establishment in Platja d'en Bossa is part of its ambitious plan to convert the entire area, which already has the hotel Ushuaïa concert this summer and premiere on Ushuaïa Tower.

The transformation of the Don Toni, and its opening as a new theme hotel is at the expense of plan approval of excellence in the business group that seeks a controversial fast-track through the formula of decree, for a project that also provides building a luxury golf homes and a 50,000 m2 shopping center, parks, sports and business park. Meanwhile, the well-known international firm start landing in Ibiza in early June with the opening of the Hard Rock Café on the premises which until recently housed the cultural and social center S'Alamera (Vara de Rey) and which was acquired by Business Matutes.

Specifically, as has been told this newspaper, the cost of the reform to condition the establishment of over one million euros, as well as the bar and restaurant will feature a store. To season the Hard Rock Café provides company hiring 50 employees, but the goal is to keep it open all year.

..."
http://ultimahora.es/ibiza/noticia/...-convertir-club-don-toni-hard-rock-hotel.html

again a 3-star hotel turns into a 4- or 5-star hotel,... where do we normal clubbers with a normal budget will have to stay in the future?!

San Antonio - in nice family-run hotels to get some rest (or charge our laptops up in), like we have been doing for years already ! 3-star hotels in PDB were terrible and astronomically expensive for what they were. With such prices and awful accommodation it was always much better value in a decent hotel in Calo d'es Moro at 1/3 of the price. It's only 25 minutes away. OK you cannot fall out of bed into Space or walk home afterwards. But other than that .....

San Antonio - in nice family-run hotels to get some rest (or charge our laptops up in), like we have been doing for years already ! 3-star hotels in PDB were terrible and astronomically expensive for what they were. With such prices and awful accommodation it was always much better value in a decent hotel in Calo d'es Moro at 1/3 of the price. It's only 25 minutes away. OK you cannot fall out of bed into Space or walk home afterwards. But other than that .....

Fiesta Hotel Playa Den Bossa & Don Toni were both pretty decent for the price, clean rooms, classic food @ restaurant, very good location for going out @ space,ushuaia,bora bora,... It wasn't astronomically expensive (but now it will be ;-) )

I stayed at Fiesta Hotel PDB 6 times and never had a problem... people working there were always really kind also.

Maybe you'll find better prices in Calo d'es Moro but it's also normal to pay a little bit more for the location.

hardrockCAFE (vara del rey, opening june !?)
already hiring :

6jfrs0.jpg

^ ^
Another change that I don't like, disappointing (for me)

Last edited by a moderator:
theibizasun

Hard Rock
The Matutes Empire last week revealed it wanted to turn the Club Don Toni hotel in Playa den Bossa into a Hard Rock Hotel, although the change very much depends on the “Plan of Excellence” the group is currently trying to push through, being approved.
The internationally renowned chain is set to make its introduction to the island this June when it opens its latest Hard Rock Cafe in the old social and culture building S'Alamera in Vara de Rey, Ibiza Town.
A source confirmed that the Hard Rock Café would try to open all year round and include a bar, restaurant and shop, employing around 50 people.

really pushing the familys out of pdb now.just 2 hotels left for them.there was talk of this a few years ago about renting it out to someone.palm beach next i guess.be nice though if it does open all year.thats what it wants....

really pushing the familys out of pdb now.
just 2 hotels left for them ...
scary **** going on there right now.
they should better upgrade ****ing gps-hotels !

... be nice though if it does open ..ll year.thats what it wants....
c´mon - just wishful thinking ... this will never ever happen
... and everbody on his right mind knows this .

would be nice to open all year but flights are not cheap.ryanair tried it a few years ago..but stopped...demand high but not enough rooms to cater for them..i;ve seen pdb go from a shack beach bar two hotels to what it is today.frighting when you think about it.same with all of the island.whats next

Gutted, I love Don Toni. Had 3 great holidays there and would love to return. Its the staff I have sympathy for, the staff there are first class it would be terrible to see them lose their jobs.

Gutted, I love Don Toni. Had 3 great holidays there and would love to return. Its the staff I have sympathy for, the staff there are first class it would be terrible to see them lose their jobs.

i don't see why they would lose their jobs and I doubt Hard Rock will be bringing in any outside people. worst case it would be just other Ibiza residents getting the jobs.

theibizasun

New Venture
The Palladium Hotel Group is collaborating with Hard Rock International to create the first Hard Rock Hotel in Europe. Two of the existing Fiesta Hotels in Playa d"en Bossa, the Club Don Toni and Hotel Don Toni, will be converted into the new enterprise, which is expected to be inaugurated in May next year. A new reception area will be constructed, which will contain restaurants, shops and entertainment centres, where renowned musicians will offer live performances. The General Director of the Palladium Group, Abel Matutes jnr, announced that they are looking forward to the new venture and are certain that it will be a resounding success. "We operate fourteen hotels with more than three thousand rooms on the Island and have much experience in the field" he said. Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza will have 480 rooms, of which 235 will be suites, offering every imaginable service to their clients.

Back