Cocoon 2014

I had an amazing morning there, was very angry at life when they threw us out at 8 :(
Had a nice pub crawl through figuretas on the way back though lol

my one visit to Cocoon
staying in PDB
pushed out the door with the brushes
taxi queue frantically counting the change in my pocket hoping it can get me to the apts
friendly chap behind me offers to share and covers up to his place in Figuertas - so i made it back without needing to walk!!

only in ibiza

Had a great night.. Afters good too. Left around 3pm. Enjoyed ilarios set alot.. Sven was sven.. Better opening than last year the spinning visuals looked good aswell.

Went to es gresso Craig, bar staff today was a very sexy young lady not the skin head lad from April, the casualty from amnesia was snoozing in his seat while we finished his beer lol

by afters.. is it meant the party stays up till late morning tuesday? or the party moves to another place?

maybe thetr us a paeallel universum sn d there were 2 cocoonopenings last monday ?? ;)
väth' s set - besides a few travks -bored me to desth so that we left around 6.30 ... maybe the ladt 1.5 hiurs were better ?!
only good thing there werent many people that night.. many bars no waiting line at all ... parking not full .. mainroom only 1/4 full etc ... crowd not that.muvh ip for it .. i was at that silly "terrace" right in the middle where the podium.for the dancers is .. and btw the coocon gogos 2014 didn't convince me either ... if you want to see really hot sexy dancers go to borabora bacanalli, onemilliondollars etcparties

ps: or maybe it was good but ibiza already tskes it's toll .. had booked 8 days first then added one more week .. now i stay 3 weeks ... things getting messy ;)

Ha ha I wish I could stay three weeks but my body and mind are in pieces I'm ready to rest.
I thought the terrace was boring to klock hit the spot nicely and lots of happy people pumping fists, I went to the terrace at 6.30ish till 8 he ramped it up from 7 with the beats just got me going I needed more but did not want to pay 50e plus taxi for the after.
I got on the podium at the back and danced with lots of happy people. I don't try to notice other people too much these days as long as I enjoy the music.
Wasn't as good as amnesia opening for me, I wish I could relive that 2 hours on the terrace again and again and again

ps: or maybe it was good but ibiza already tskes it's toll .. had booked 8 days first then added one more week .. now i stay 3 weeks ... things getting messy

Could be a bit of that dude! I've been there. Once you get into week 2+ you start to notice more and more things the more tired you get!

I'm not there until next week, but heard very positive things from the people that I know that went. Feeling was that the Terrace was great (not packed) which people like. The Main Room wasn't that packed.

Maybe for the first few Monday's of June they should have just had the Terrace open? Just a thought. There are 4 MORE Monday's in June left until numbers start increasing in July. Also, no Sven again until 23/06!

interesting comments here.

i for one (plus many of my friends) thought it was the best cocoon opening in years. i spent almost all night on the terrace. dixon's set was simply beautiful. sven's set was just a very techy one, not as melodic as he sometimes plays, so I do understand icey saying he thought it was boring (but then again if you like parties as onemilliondollars, you're not at the right place in cocoon), but i thought he was on fine form. while the main floor indeed wasn't too busy later in the night, the terrace was perfectly busy - just exactly as busy as you want it.

the afters...GREAT :)

How do we find out about the after s it's never advertised, is it a word of mouth thing in the night? I'm heading over for Cocoon closing :twisted:

i guess it will be handled the same way it was done last year. depending of the size of the afterhour (say the place where it's done), they'll either announce it if the place is big enough for 'everyone' and else, if the place is smaller, it's just really word of mouth.

yesterday's after was not too big, a few hundred people in a house up north. didn't take any pictures, but it was a very lovely day. sven also got his melodies back he didn't play during the night; a few of the highlights were melchior production's the blessing, david august's epikur (which also was the penultimate track on the terrace in the morning) and isolée's allowance just as we left the afters at around 9pm.

Meaning, will he still draw in the numbers this early in the season. Especially on a night without Sven on the bill.

looking at the calendar, cant see any major party taking place.

no space, no sankeys, pacha and prev. playing different music.

so i think it might be okay

i guess it will be handled the same way it was done last year. depending of the size of the afterhour (say the place where it's done), they'll either announce it if the place is big enough for 'everyone' and else, if the place is smaller, it's just really word of mouth.

yesterday's after was not too big, a few hundred people in a house up north. didn't take any pictures, but it was a very lovely day. sven also got his melodies back he didn't play during the night; a few of the highlights were melchior production's the blessing, david august's epikur (which also was the penultimate track on the terrace in the morning) and isolée's allowance just as we left the afters at around 9pm.
I just listened to Epikur and I really like that sound. Can you recommend any other nights in Ibiza apart from Mondays that will have similar music?

I've been a bit of a trance zealot to be honest, but I'm in the mood to mix it up!

Back