Cocoon 2014

... sven's set was just a very techy one, not as melodic as he sometimes plays, so I do understand icey saying he thought it was boring (but then again if you like parties as onemilliondollars, you're not at the right place in cocoon), . ...
haha thanks for explaining who should go to cocoon or not. i go to väth parties since OMEN and DORIAN GRAY days !
read again ... this time more carefully - onemillondollars etc i mentioned just in regards to.the gogodancers !!!!

Has anyone been at cocoon yesterday? How was the origins part? Has anyone Visit the origins pre Party @ Café Mambo?

Has anyone been at cocoon yesterday? How was the origins part? Has anyone Visit the origins pre Party @ Café Mambo?

Got there at 3.30 for the start of Lucianos set, he went through till 8. Kept the crowd involved, rarely slowing his set down and the layout and production was spot on I thought

where ?
@ beverly ?? ;)

i wasn't at the afters and as I've never been to beverly before I can't tell. but from the pictures it looked like a nice villa with a very well maintained lawn, nice swimming pool and cool views. i think it wasn't too busy though.

yes i thought it is crazy to do an afters with luciano and then - at least according to the pics - just a few dozen
people can enjoy it ... what a waste

Anyone go last night (16/06)? No Luciano or Sven, so be interested to know what the vibe was like...

Had friends that went who were disappointed. Said "it didn't feel like cocoon".

These mid-June dates were always going to be a slight struggle I think, when you consider that they started so early. Surprised they had a mid-June without a Sven, Luciano, Ricardo etc. I love Dubfire, but still not sure he is a "lead host"....

Also, just back from my first week, and I thought that the island seemed pretty damn busy compared to previous June's. What does everyone else think?

Also, just back from my first week, and I thought that the island seemed pretty damn busy compared to previous June's. What does everyone else think?

absolutely.

and yeah, a cocoon without any of their proper headliners will always gonna be a bit of a difficult one. try doing enter without richie or music on without marco carola.

and yeah, a cocoon without any of their proper headliners will always gonna be a bit of a difficult one. try doing enter without richie or music on without marco carola.

I think Sven has managed over the last few years to make Cocoon much less about just him! But that took him 10+ years to achieve.

I agree I don't think Richie and Marco could ever have a night off yet! Their nights have them solely at the centre of it. Coxy manages one night off, but it just isn't the same without him IMO (though only been once without him). People quite rightly get pis_sed off when they rock up at a night with an artist's name in it and they aren't there. Like Luciano & Friends at Ushuaia a few times, when he wasn't there!

And not quite sure how the two Solomun +1 nights in July without him are going to fare! "Solomun - Him + Two Friends" Hmmmm.

Luciano's origins opening was a lot busier than I expected, terrace was packed all night but with room to move and dance about, even at 8.AM the terrace was half full. Main room never really got more than 150 in it whenever I walked in. Also will add that the Origins production in the terrace was unbelievable, really impressed.

Back