A State of Trance to move days and venues?

I've heard about ASOT moving from Privilege to Ushuaia and moving from Mondays to Thursdays.

Any thoughts on this?
Called it ;)

Shame it wasn't space. Could of done two rooms. Armin + co's main room style in one, Whose afraid of 138 in the other.

In my opinion it's a pity that Armin/ASOT moves to Ushuaia.
I think there won't be a great show which needs space to show up. For this occasion Privilege was perfect.
The show topic is an important part of celebrating ASOT.
The other point is the capacity of Ushuaia. I think you need to be there quite early to be able to get in. Privilege, Amnesia and Space worked well in this case.
The entrance fee will increase and Ushuaia won't spend any reduced prices by offering wristbands.
These points are disadvantages for a great Armin/ASOT experiance.
My wish is that Armin/ASOT returns to Amnesia! Since Armin/ASOT starts in 2004 on our beloved island I saw him in all the venues and every year like Amnesia, Space and Privilege.
Space and Privilege can't beat the feelings of Amnesia!

UNIT-er

I'm loving this move from ASOT / Ushuaia. Gives the trance fans a chance for a good double header with Cream to follow or as I'll probably be doing, hopping across the road to Enter.

I think on the downside, this is definitely a decisive commercial move that will lead to more people directing criticism Armin's way.

On the upside, for us Ibiza trance 'regulars', it's a nice change to have a trance day party in the offing.

I think generally speaking, Amnesia is Armin's best fit. The Space season was his best season. Armin was at his peak 2009-2012.

The good news is it says in the statement that Armin will be playing longer than usual sets.

Which means if this place goes on between 5pm and 12am and there are only 2 other DJ's playing, his sets could be 3 to 4 hours long!! Which will be awesome. I hope he does one of his infamous 7 hour sets too!!

Bummed there isnt much for trance in Ibiza that has been announced other than this and Cream. NWP has no update - hopefully during the week and not weekend. And only driftwood as far as a boat party is concerned.
As for an ASOT venue, the size is great but the production will be scaled back compared to privellege. Hopefully the vibe will still be an ASOT one and not a laid back one.

I'm sure NWP or at least Ferry will do his Full On somewhere weekly. So that should open up another trance day.

Is there any news on the cream line ups? Will it be the usually Eddie Halliwell and Paul Van Dyk combo on a Thursday?

I'm pretty certain New World Punx will be at Pacha (which will also be a nice new change) and, remember, even though Judgement Sundays is gone, Gatecrasher have bought Eden. I'd be astonished if a (brand akin to) Subculture didn't pitch up for a weekend slot.

Cream will be same old same old. And Driftwood of course.

That's plenty of trance for my money.

Judgement whether it be Fridays again or not will be back this year according to Jules Mrs.

There you go then. Plenty of trance if you ask me. Maybe not enough of the 'proper' trance people are always complaining there isn't enough of, but still.

So that leaves Monday than for NWP at Pacha. Sweet.
Hopefully getting from ASOT to Cream wont be so brutal - probably will

Im okay if i can do like trance 4-5 nights in a week. I think that will be possible this year and in the future. Eden(Gate) will never drop Judgement and they are going to do at least one more trance night is my guess.

Getting between venues really sucks ;)

With ya there. Can do trance day and night parties all the time. But Ibiza isnt that into it. Full On had some good nights and some failed. Armin is a for sure night and so is Cream. Judgement Fridays was also hit or miss - but usually not that packed either. So NWP is a risk at privelege. Paha though doesnt seem like the proper venue for them. Would think Eden is the only place and in that case, I hope its not a weekend night cause those arent as strong - and I am also not there haha... Already missing the one trance boat party by coming from TOmorrowland monday at 9pm. So better be some scattered trance during the week since thursday is now booked solid.

Driftwood will surely be negatively affected I would say :/ bit of a bummer for workers that asot is at Ushuaia. Most people will be working and Ushuaia aren't as friendly with doing workers rates so no 10 euros workers guest list this year im guessing! .

Still like him in space the best, will be interesting to see how it does in ushuaia. i dont think ticket sales will be an issue, but ive always preferred music inside clubs over outdoors

Back