Veterans...

ric

At what point do you become an Ibiza veteran?? More than 5 trips?? More than 10 trips??

Going for more than a decade??

:)

good question haha! :)

i think we have a few people on here that have 20+ years ibiza experience and a lot of people with 10/10+ years ibiza experience. hmmm what does everyone think, when are you a 'qualified' ibiza veteran?

in a way I think 'proper' ibiza veterans are only those who've seen KU and amnesia without a roof. i've still seen the old space terrace at least, but I'd pay a lot of money to see ibiza in the late 80s/start of 90s!

I think it could probably go either way... Someone who has been for 20yrs but maybe only 3 times in those 20yrs would be a veteran because, like you said, they would have seen a part of the island that i would have loved to have seen (Ku, open terraces, proper Balearic vibe, no motorway running through the middle of the island, Monday mornings at DC-10, 22hr sessions at Space etc etc) but i suppose someone who has maybe been going for less than 10yrs but has seen almost everything in that time during multiple trips would also be a veteran...

I'll always feel very jealous of anyone who was in Ibiza in the late 80's for the original explosion of house!!!

:)

Funny question.....

The matter is not how many times you have been but perhaps the experiences you have gone through and the relevance of those experiences to your life. Maybe you were off your rocker to see some original dj...but putting class badges unto history creates a certain emphasis on quantity. And also perpetuates this myth that the past was always better.

In my opinion you are a veteran if you have been to the island and enjoyed yourself without prejudice towards any type of music and partied without social prejudice. (At least attempted to) Furthermore attempted at least to socialize and meet as many people as possible.
Explored or attempted to explore the island.
Perhaps have had a unique experience that has created wisdom to share with others. Perhaps many other things can be included of course.

I feel I am not a veteran yet. However I have fulfilled certain experiences that have provided me with the wisdom of a veteran.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its a good mixture of -

a. How many times you have been
b. How long you have been going
c. Multiple and varied experiences on the island

why craig?
In the early years it was never gona happen.We did go on a sunrise cruise after coming out of Pacha one morning that was as close as i got. Definitely going this time as the missus just finished reading "Dope in the age of Innocence":) so its on the bucket list for october..

Yes the older one said What Ibiza again,why don`t we go somewhere else..younger one "will we see avicii this time.:eek:

no half term is a week later..No direct flights from dublin then and it only cost 379euro for the 4 of us from Dublin and 400 for apt.

Back