End of season summary/thoughts

If anyone happens to give a f^3k

I made two youtube vids for my sessions this year

July

Sept

All of us are pretty much Ibiza virgins (My first time last year).
You could class a few of us as posey as mentioned

However do we look like we are standing around on the side line, posing and not enjoying the music

I don't get this consensus on here that Ibiza has lost its vibe and it isn't like the old days?

Considering it is currently at its most busiest ever proves that it is doing something right????

this is actually amazing

it's like Clive Martin and Chris Morris got together and came up with the perfect spoof

I

I am not and have never defended these people.
I spent 2 weeks in Ibiza this year and took my phone only to Space closing and
Im bored of this convo as everyone reading it probably is ;)
I read and respect your comments, opinions and often agreed whilst you just remain defensive and want things to go back to what they were but the world changes and rather than whinge why something isnt what it used to be try and appreciate the things what keep you attending these events

I actually think that despite the age difference, you are both after the same vibe in Ibiza. Please kiss and make up ffs.

I actually think that despite the age difference, you are both after the same vibe in Ibiza. Please kiss and make up ffs.

Exactly this!
I just took the glum face = unhappy a bit personal because i can often look like a slapped arse but inside there is nowhere else id rather be.
Im quite often the guy doing the 2 step, bobbing my head with my eyes shut and really listening to the music and if you knew me that is actually me being really expressive compared to how i am in day to day life (a boring miserable sod)

I'd be more bothered if people in their 20s gave a f*ck what us old-timers thought to be honest. Hopefully they are too busy having the time of their lives.

Couldn't agree more with this statement, plus people should not be bothered about anyone else anyway, they should be too busy having the time of their lives as Buck quotes.

Life of Rye - as long as your having a good time and not deliberately spoiling it for others then all the best for you bro, looks like you had a cracking experiance

If anyone happens to give a f^3k

I made two youtube vids for my sessions this year

July

Sept

All of us are pretty much Ibiza virgins (My first time last year).
You could class a few of us as posey as mentioned

However do we look like we are standing around on the side line, posing and not enjoying the music

I don't get this consensus on here that Ibiza has lost its vibe and it isn't like the old days?

Considering it is currently at its most busiest ever proves that it is doing something right????

Glad yous had a good time but as someone else said i wouldnt go anywhere near the parties you attended for numerous reasons but yous looked like you did alright in the chasing skirt department ;)
Also i must say that i find 'shuffling' a serious assault on my brain and would probably be the first thing id ban from any musical gathering' i just dont get it :(

Glad yous had a good time but as someone else said i wouldnt go anywhere near the parties you attended for numerous reasons but yous looked like you did alright in the chasing skirt department ;)
Also i must say that i find 'shuffling' a serious assault on my brain and would probably be the first thing id ban from any musical gathering' i just dont get it :(

Coming from someone who claims to be immersed in the music and in their own bubble those last 4 lines are quite the surprise..

I didn't watch those two videos posted by life of Ry.... Are they recommended viewing or what? Bearing in mind I'm a massive Kevin and Perry fan and do love a bit of satire.

As I have only been three times I am still learning. David Guetta at Ushuaia is to be avoided at all costs!!

Nothing wrong with a subtle shuffle - sod all that jumping about lark you see though!!

Couldn't agree more with this statement, plus people should not be bothered about anyone else anyway, they should be too busy having the time of their lives as Buck quotes.

Life of Rye - as long as your having a good time and not deliberately spoiling it for others then all the best for you bro, looks like you had a cracking experiance

Why would you get the impression we would be deliberately spoiling it for others?? At many points we had people joining in with us and we had a good crack with many randoms!! I met people from all over Europe one night at Ants :lol:

Why would you get the impression we would be deliberately spoiling it for others?? At many points we had people joining in with us and we had a good crack with many randoms!! I met people from all over Europe one night at Ants :lol:

I didn't get that impression ....I was making a statement

Me too, I meet different people from around the world, that's why I love raving so much, some I now class as good friends

Firstly you are an Ibiza Virgin which is why you don't get it. I have been to Ibiza 22 times and I consider myself new to the scene compared to a lot of people.

Secondly, Ibiza hasn't not got a vibe, it's got a different vibe. Ibiza is an incredible place for partying but there area lot of different views to what a party should be now. The people who still hold on to the original vibe of the 'rave scene' are being pushed out and told to accept it. We just find other like-minded people and cool places but we are vilified for voicing our opinions.

Third, Ibiza being packed to the rafters isn't a good thing.

Fourth, videos are all part and parcel of holiday-making. But there's a way to be respectful of your environment. You shouldn't continuously point your video at topless women on a beach really, it's a social rule. They are there on display but does that mean they should be filmed? A sea of phones isn't appropriate on a DANCE floor.

Last of all, there's different types of posers. if you hang around with a glass of Moet always considering whether your next move will look good on your Facebook tagged pics then you're a nincompoop as far as I'm concerned :)

Well firstly - why do I need to get it? or any other person that wasn't there to hear Café Del Mar played for the first ever time.... A lot of people banging on about the old days in Ibiza and I think we all appreciate it was a superb time. But you cannot deny that it is still in fact a superb time.

Secondly - Why are people being 'pushed' out of the rave scene? What is classed as a 'rave'...because the last time I checked a rave was classed as people dancing and drinking all night.

Thirdly - Ibiza being packed to the rafters isn't a good thing....yet the space closing was amazing??? Am I right in thinking there was a 3 hour queue and you could hardly move once in side?

Fourth - A sea of phones on a dance floor isn't appropriate on a dance floor??? That effects you as an individual in what way exactly???

Lastly - I agree that yes for example there are the ocean beach lot that turn up to pretend to be someone they are not for a facebook pic. You get them everywhere though. And I actually almost didn't go to Ocean beach for that reason. However I went and found that there were still a lot of people there for a good time while the posers stood about. Ultimately as long as everyone is having a good time who cares.

Ibiza was good in the old days, and it still is, nothing has really changed if you look at it, well maybe you can't go to Space or DC10 at 8am anymore, or see both clubs with no roof.. the same also happened to Amnesia and Privilege 10 years earlier.. their hours were forced to change and also put a roof on it!

The clubs have always been packed, that hasn't changed, in fact I think they are a lot better than they used to be, Amnesia for example, the main room at Cream for example used to be sardines in a tin! Even Music On these days doesn't get that busy

Drugs are still everywhere too, that will never change, and that is a fundamental part of the club scene in Ibiza, the liberal nature of the island, carefree and almost seemingly lawless due to lack of police has helped put Ibiza on the map as the party capital

Well firstly - why do I need to get it? or any other person that wasn't there to hear Café Del Mar played for the first ever time.... A lot of people banging on about the old days in Ibiza and I think we all appreciate it was a superb time. But you cannot deny that it is still in fact a superb time.

Secondly - Why are people being 'pushed' out of the rave scene? What is classed as a 'rave'...because the last time I checked a rave was classed as people dancing and drinking all night.

Thirdly - Ibiza being packed to the rafters isn't a good thing....yet the space closing was amazing??? Am I right in thinking there was a 3 hour queue and you could hardly move once in side?

Fourth - A sea of phones on a dance floor isn't appropriate on a dance floor??? That effects you as an individual in what way exactly???

Lastly - I agree that yes for example there are the ocean beach lot that turn up to pretend to be someone they are not for a facebook pic. You get them everywhere though. And I actually almost didn't go to Ocean beach for that reason. However I went and found that there were still a lot of people there for a good time while the posers stood about. Ultimately as long as everyone is having a good time who cares.

1. I didn't say you need to get it, you said you don't get it and I just said why you don't

2. You answered your own question

3. I haven't commented on what I thought of Space closing other than to say I only went because I had to, despite knowing it would be a horrendous mess

4. It's called a DANCE floor and over there is the standing area..

5. When have I mentioned Ocean Beach? I wouldn't be seen dead there. Totally not my thing. No idea what goes on in there apart from I know they do champagne spraying which I find vulgar.

Last edited:

I am d efinitely too old :spank::lol:

Joanie - it all good fun having a bit of a debate. No intention of bickering. So based on your reply. I really can't be bothered and I actually think you sound a little bitter and are likely that person in the 'standing area'. ;)

Back