Your favourite season of the year?

WeLuvIbiza

Apart from the obvious reasons of summer = going to Ibiza, what is your favourite season of the year, considering British summer seems to be a thing of the past?

Spring is great as all the new things are growing, signalling summer is on the way, but personally I love autumn. The infinite mixture of gold, yellow and brown hues on the trees is awesome. I used to spend many happy hours collecting conkers, and later in life enjoying practical mycology. There is something alluring about feeling 'an autumnal nip in the air' for me:lol::lol:

Apart from the obvious reasons of summer = going to Ibiza, what is your favourite season of the year, considering British summer seems to be a thing of the past?

Spring is great as all the new things are growing, signalling summer is on the way, but personally I love autumn. The infinite mixture of gold, yellow and brown hues on the trees is awesome. I used to spend many happy hours collecting conkers, and later in life enjoying practical mycology. There is something alluring about feeling 'an autumnal nip in the air' for me:lol::lol:

I have to say summer. You just cant beat that feeling of driving along in the sun, everyone is happy and glowing, the summer clothes come out :lol:

Apart from that I quite like autumn and the run up to Xmas as everyone gets in the Xmas spirit (apart from the scrooges) but yeah I quite enjoy that time of year.

I just hate hate hate the bit after and how long the gloom goes on for :spank:

There is something alluring about feeling 'an autumnal nip in the air' for me:lol::lol:

Agree! I love Autumn - it's by far my fave time of the year...which is great because it means I don't resent the onset of cold weather as much as most people.

February is when I get cross and start grumbling.

Over the past few years I think all the seasons have merged into one huge uber season... I can barely tell the difference between them now.
J

Over the past few years I think all the seasons have merged into one huge uber season... I can barely tell the difference between them now.
J

Took the words right out of my mouth, and in danger of sounding like my parents, I do however, remember when we had 4 proper seasons and then I used to love the run up to summer (mainly cos of the thought of 6 weeks off and spending every day at the beach) and late autumn when it used to be really foggy with frosty grass going to school in the mornings. I also remember when we used to have 2ft snow drifts (which is rather impressive for where we lived - 500yds from the beach!!!)

Seasons, tbh - used to be soo much more fun, you young uns dont "get it" when we talk about how good it was "back in the day".... :lol::lol:

I love working in London at Christmas. Seeing the Oxford Street lights, standing inside a warm pub looking out on the shoppers, rushing round myself trying to get everyone presents on time!

I love it :)

Took the words right out of my mouth, and in danger of sounding like my parents, I do however, remember when we had 4 proper seasons and then I used to love the run up to summer (mainly cos of the thought of 6 weeks off and spending every day at the beach) and late autumn when it used to be really foggy with frosty grass going to school in the mornings. I also remember when we used to have 2ft snow drifts (which is rather impressive for where we lived - 500yds from the beach!!!)

Seasons, tbh - used to be soo much more fun, you young uns dont "get it" when we talk about how good it was "back in the day".... :lol::lol:

I remember that, we used to even venture to the beach in the 6 weeks holiday and we were always tearing around on our bikes with the other kids down the road. Now I dont even know what a 6 week summer is :confused:

to add to that, i think its the politicians fault, theres clearly some under hand season mafia who are undercutting each other and trying to encroach on each others business. The media doesn't help either, constantly painting a bad picture of them all put together, and who loses out? Us... the people who make up the majority of those who enjoy seasons. Its an absolute disgrace.

to add to that, i think its the politicians fault, theres clearly some under hand season mafia who are undercutting each other and trying to encroach on each others business. The media doesn't help either, constantly painting a bad picture of them all put together, and who loses out? Us... the people who make up the majority of those who enjoy seasons. Its an absolute disgrace.

Maybe we should divert the money usually paid to the council (poll) tax into a big piggy bank to buy the peoples snow machine. Get that true winter feeling back.

Maybe we should divert the money usually paid to the council (poll) tax into a big piggy bank to buy the peoples snow machine. Get that true winter feeling back.

Yes !! and what about this bloody Global Warming they warned us about?? I pay my taxes - I dont see us getting any of this bloody Warming.... Sort it!!!!!

Autumn/Winter!!

better clothes, start of footie season, better food, my birthday (13 Oct), christmas, frosty sunny mornings, long cosy afternoons in the pub!!! :)

I used to moan a lot about the cold and think I wish it was always warm and sunny but now I really do appreciate all four seasons, I just wish we actually got them properly in this country, as people have said, they often all turn into one and the weather can be so unexpected, snow in May, rain in August, it's all over the place.

I love the feeling of the spring, new flowers coming through, lighter evenings, a few April showers, then a gorgous summer wearing all the summery clothes and everyone is cheerful sitting in beers gardens till late in the evening and I can take the roof down on my car, then it starts to turn to autumn, out come the Ugg boots and cosy jumpers and the leaves on the trees are gorgeous colours, then it's the build up to Christmas, bright lights, late night shopping, meeting up with family, then comes the dreaded Jan, Feb, March, I hate this time of the year...or at least I did until I took up snowboarding a few years ago, now I love it!!!!! I get to have a holiday to look forward to and enjoy one of my favourite hobbies, I think new year is really depressing, gets you evaluating the year gone by, your broke from Christmas and it's cold and dark and summer seems ages away but throwing yourself down a mountain strapped to a dinner tray makes the winter so much fun!!! :lol:

Ah yes (big sigh), the good old days of real seasons and proper clubbing, etc etc...

Wonder if my kids will have any of those to talk about in a few years, or whether we are the final generation before the bad days just take over completely...:lol::lol:

I think we should boycott the 4 seasons of old and get a new season on the go. One that doesn't end. Its just a big long season. What would we call it?

Back