Your favorate Xmas hit's of all time?

Dave 1

Our local Radio Station will over the coming Xmas period be playing what they think to be the best Xmas hits of all time from past & present. Unfortunately i think i'll find myself disagreeing with many of there choices thus wondered what makes a great festive hit?

Some of my favorate's that stand out are:

Another brick in the wall = Pink Floyd 1979
Merry Christmas Everybody = Slade 1973
Mistletoe & Wine = Cliff Richard 1988
Bohemian Rhapsody = Queen 1975/1991

Though i doubt any of my selection will get a mention.

As for the missus well she only has one all time favorate:

I will always love you = Whitney Houston 1992

How very embarassing is that:oops:

Sadly i think that fewer & fewer memorable festive hit's have made it into the Charts during the 90's and New Millenium but that's only my opinion.

Any Spotlighter's agree?

Are you talking about UK Christmas â„– 1's?

I've always thought your accent on which song tops the charts for one particular week of the year is... amusing.

If you're talking about Christmas songs:
Baby Please Come Home - both Darlene Love & U2 versions
She Won't Be Home - Erasure
Happy Christmas - Lennon
Christmas Song - Nat King Cole

it's always going to be wham isn't it - the record is brilliant

everyone else can pack up and go home

thread endeth.

=====================================

well to embarass myself beyond belief - apart from White Christmas - Bing Crosy which i LOVE 8)8)

its .....

Stay by E17 :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Does anyone remember a Laurel & Hardy record that was a very big festive hit back (possibly reached n°1) in the mid 70's though the Song Title eludes me.

I also must agree with you that the Wham hit 'Last Christmas' should be up there but somehow i forgot the Song because i keep forgotting Paul Michael started out with Wham.

@ Morbyd:

Not just festive n° 1's as quite a few memorable hit's have hit the billboard but somehow never quite got the recognition perhaps they deserved.

the Song because i keep forgotting Paul Michael started out with Wham.

WHO?

Oop's! I blooped on that one:confused: so perhap's it's easier if i said:

Georgios Kyriakos Panayotou before changing his name to that which you all know except....:oops: Hence i'll have to stop drinking the stocked up festive liquor during the afternoons leading upto the 25th.

Back