Your dream compilation

Dr Fox

Over the past few months I've been putting together some of my own compilations on CD of late and am finding it really hard to cut down which tracks not to use. The last one I did was the best of Disco Kandi, basically taking 2 of the best tracks from each disc....man that was hard but the end product is amazing!

So the question is, if you had to pick your double disced CD compilation what would you put on it? Any genre accepted. I'll think about mine for now and post it tomorrow. 20 - 40 tracks should be easier to pick than say your top 5 and it would be interesting to see your choices! Good luck people! 8)

Excellent idea, I'll have a think tonight also. Might help me build some sets on me decks

After much pondering and head scratching I have come up with, in my opinion, is THE greatest double album ever. It's name......Créme de la créme:

Disc 1

1. Armand Van Helden - You don't know me
2. Mademoiselle - Do you love me
3. Milk n Sugar - Higher and higher
4. Together - So much love to give
5. Soul Providers feat. Michelle Shellars - Rise
6. Tim Deluxe - We all love sax
7. Layo & Bushwacka - Love Story
8. Kings of Tomorrow - Finally
9. Junior Jack - Thrill me
10. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
10. Silicon Soul - Right on
11. Moloko - The time is now
12. Bob Sinclair - I feel for you
13. Kylie Minogue - Love at first sight (Kid Creme Mix)
14. Jon Cutler - It's yours
15. Live Element - Be free
16. Deep Swing - In the music
17. Jonestown - Sweet thing
18. Praise Cats - Shined on
19. 2risque - Let the music take control
20. Shakedown - At night (Kid Creme mix)

Disc 2

1. Ministers De La Funk feat. Jocelyn Brown - Believe
2. Kid Creme - Austin's Groove
3. Pete Heller - Big love 2
4. Jon Silver - Come on over
5. Deep Sensation - Soul Heaven
6. Kathy Brown - Don't give up
7. Who Da Funk - Shiny disco balls
8. La Luna - To the beat of the drum
9. The Lab Rats present The Experiment feat. Lisa Millett - Music is my way of life
10. The Ones - Flawless
11. Whitney Houston - I'm your baby tonight (2002 mix)
12. Alan Braxe & Fred Falke - Intro
13. Agent Sumo - 24 Hours
14. ATFC - Sleeptalk
15. Tim Deluxe - It just won't do
16. Il Padrinos feat. Jocelyn Brown - How good is your love
17. X-Press 2 - Lazy
18. Simpsons Tine - Bring it down
19. Watkins - Black AM (King Unique vocal mix)
20. Massive Attack - Unfinished symphony

What d'ya think?

Dr Fox said:
After much pondering and head scratching I have come up with, in my opinion, is THE greatest double album ever. It's name......Créme de la créme:

Disc 1

1. Armand Van Helden - You don't know me
2. Mademoiselle - Do you love me
3. Milk n Sugar - Higher and higher
4. Together - So much love to give
5. Soul Providers feat. Michelle Shellars - Rise
6. Tim Deluxe - We all love sax
7. Layo & Bushwacka - Love Story
8. Kings of Tomorrow - Finally
9. Junior Jack - Thrill me
10. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
10. Silicon Soul - Right on
11. Moloko - The time is now
12. Bob Sinclair - I feel for you
13. Kylie Minogue - Love at first sight (Kid Creme Mix)
14. Jon Cutler - It's yours
15. Live Element - Be free
16. Deep Swing - In the music
17. Jonestown - Sweet thing
18. Praise Cats - Shined on
19. 2risque - Let the music take control
20. Shakedown - At night (Kid Creme mix)

Disc 2

1. Ministers De La Funk feat. Jocelyn Brown - Believe
2. Kid Creme - Austin's Groove
3. Pete Heller - Big love 2
4. Jon Silver - Come on over
5. Deep Sensation - Soul Heaven
6. Kathy Brown - Don't give up
7. Who Da Funk - Shiny disco balls
8. La Luna - To the beat of the drum
9. The Lab Rats present The Experiment feat. Lisa Millett - Music is my way of life
10. The Ones - Flawless
11. Whitney Houston - I'm your baby tonight (2002 mix)
12. Alan Braxe & Fred Falke - Intro
13. Agent Sumo - 24 Hours
14. ATFC - Sleeptalk
15. Tim Deluxe - It just won't do
16. Il Padrinos feat. Jocelyn Brown - How good is your love
17. X-Press 2 - Lazy
18. Simpsons Tine - Bring it down
19. Watkins - Black AM (King Unique vocal mix)
20. Massive Attack - Unfinished symphony

What d'ya think?

Like it :D but would swap a few of yours for a few classics - Promised Land, Where Love Lives, Perfect Motion etc.

Disc 1 tracks 3, 9, 10, 20 and Disc 2 tracks 1, 3 and esp 12 all absolute classics :D :D :D

Bugger! forgot to have a proper think last night about mine, oh well, I'll sort it out over the weekend

Cheers Babs, I had Where love lives on my short list but I couldn't fit it in.....I like how i've got to track 10's on disc 1....doh! :rolleyes:

Dr Fox said:
Cheers Babs, I had Where love lives on my short list but I couldn't fit it in.....I like how i've got to track 10's on disc 1....doh! :rolleyes:

pmsl, I hadn't even noticed :rolleyes: I meant the Billie Jean no 10 lol :p

Barbie said:
Dr Fox said:

pmsl, I hadn't even noticed :rolleyes: I meant the Billie Jean no 10 lol :p

...i like how i can't spell all of a sudden..."to" instead of "two"....arse... Barman, another pint of your finest metholated spirit please.....double doh!! :eek:

....fook mi I even had to edit this....I'm losing it big time..I blame it on these straps on my straight jacket chafing me!

- Stephen, get yer lazy arse into gear and provide us with a spell checker -ha-ha :lol:

[quote="Dr Fox
...i like how i can't spell all of a sudden..."to" instead of "two"....arse... Barman, another pint of your fnest metholated spirit please.....double doh!! :eek:[/quote]

It's Friday afternoon, I'll let you off hon ;)

I'll do a 40 track mix tonight and work out what tracks I would use, agent gecko2 will report back on Monday... ;)

No sweat gecko2, I look forward to it. Basically the idea behind this was to blag some ideas out of people :twisted:. I Challenge anybody to beat that track list.....it's all funked up!

Oops, you'll probably not like mine very much as it's mostly old skool trance, never mind i'll do it anyway :)

comin´ at ya, i would really like to know about your choices...why? just curious because you always say you don´t like that "cheesy house"... ;)

btw, i´ll post my compilation tomorrow :D

Well I've had a quick think, and I'd go for two slightly different mixes, one more old skool and with bit of a mixture of genres with a bit of bite to it and another more laid back lyrical trance to chill to.

Granted most of these are from the mid to early nineties, but as i have previously mentioned in other posts - most trance nowadays just isn't my cup of tea.

I've managed to pick up all these on vinyl now with the exception of Little Fluffy Clouds, which I'm hoping to get off ebay some time soon

Mix One - The Goa Sunset
Banco Di Gaia - Last Train to Lhasa
Art Of Trance - Madagascar
Prodigy -Out of Space
Animal - Lost It.com
Prodigy - Voodoo People
Revolition 9 -The Dreamer
Quietman -Now and Zen
Art of Trance - Kilimanjaro
Man With No Name - Floor Essence
Virus - Sun
Hybrid - Symphony
Papua New guinea -Future Sound Of London
Moby -Go
Westbam -Wizards of Sonic
Orbital -Funny Breaks

Mix Two - Liquid Medidation Mix
Café Del Mar - Energy 52
Solar Stone - Seven Cities
Sarah McLachlan- Sweet Surrender
Matt Darey - Moody
Libra vs Taylor - Calling Your Name
Chicane - Saltwater
Orbital - Chime
Boccaccia - Secret Wish
D&A - Daemons
Faithless - Salva Mea
The Orb - Little Fluffy Clouds
Apollo 440 - Liquid Cool

Apologies to the funky house fans etc, probably not a single tune you like here! :( Hope the trance fans recognise some old classics there though :) :twisted: :) !

62 days till arrival in Ibiza!!!!!!!! :twisted:

It's not all house but you cant have your favourites of all time and them all be house but there's quite a few in there.

1. African Dreams - All In The Same Family (old 8-Ball records NY record)
2. Planet Rock - Africa Bambataa - Wouldnt be any house if it wasnt for this !! ( possibly !!)
3. Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy
4. Prana - The Dream (old Tribal UK record)
5. Buena Vista Social Club - Candela (cuban jazz produced by Ry Cooder - try this for chill out music instead of Now Thats What I Call Ibiza 52)
6. Grand Master Flash And The Furious Five - The Message
7. Kid Creole And The Coconuts - Stool Pidgeon - (Now this is a funky record !!)
8. Ruben Mancias - I Rise
9. Barbara Tucker - Stay Together (Must be the Ravin Mix though)
10. Buena Vista Social Club - Pueblo nuevo
11. Kenny G - Havanna (Todd Terry mix)
12. Sombionix - Newt
13. Green Velvet - Answering Machine
14. Petal Pusher (Miguel Migs) - Breakin It Down (Naked Music)
15. Back To Joy - Audio Soul Project
16. Primitive - Halo Varga
17. Danny Tenaglia - Look Ahead
18. Nightmares On Wax - Les Nuits
19. Rocket - People
20. Erykah Badu - On and On

Will do the second one shortly ...

Toffer said:
Apologies to the funky house fans etc, probably not a single tune you like here!

You've got some absolute gems in there Toffer, and I'd like to see one of these labels that bring out compilations press that as one. I'm more house based nowadays, the trance now will never be of the same calibre as a few years ago in my opinion. Many moons ago I was into trance, and dare I admit it that I was even once well into hard house around 96/97 when Tony De Vit ruled the waves. It's a shame that trance and hard house became saturated with s**t that took it down. I've always loved house more so I'm sticking with my roots.....

My compilation may be up tomorrow, I was playing around over the weekend and could only manage the first 20 before as I was chopping and changing how they mix. The problem is I have well over another 20 tracks which I want to use. There's a lot of tracks Dr Fox has on his in my list so far. ;)

Dr Fox said:

Bloody hell Foxy, I think you've just helped me with my playlist dilemma for my 30th in June. Ta!!!

Shall have a think about my selection.....

misterC...always here to help......get that lot down on Cd and you've got some serious tunes. It's the Holy Grail of tunage!! :lol:

Back