you well travelled lot...

djchewie

Suggestions for places to stay around Bamburgh/Seahouses please + also places to go see (for July)

thanks in advance.

;)

I stay up there ALL the time!!

Victoria Hotel in bamburgh is the best place to stay.

or there's the Mizen head hotel, close by.

http://www.thevictoriahotelbamburgh.co.uk/

things to do:

Well i love it up there because it's so chilled out.
get on the beaches for walks
  • lost afternoons in pub gardens
  • holy island close by (check the tides)
  • Alnwick castle and gardens (harry potter film set)
  • boat trips to the islands to see the seals.
  • Carter's butchers shop - great food.
  • bamburgh castle, go for a look round.

It's a fair trek up here for you, what made you pick bamburgh?

Well, was originally looking at Seahouses as i need to fulfill the other halfs Puffin fetish on the Farne Islands, but think Bamburgh would make a better base.

compiling a list of potential places to stay which dont involve me driving anywhere at the crack of dawn to shoot some nice dawn seascapes of the NE Coast.

We will be flying up to Newc and getting a hire car for the week. 4 days around Bamburgh/Seahouses, then back down to Newcastle for fri-sun.

Will be of the week of 6th-12th July. care to join us for a bevvy and berate me for being a tory? :lol:

afternoon all, speaking of fish and chips we just got back from a weekend in Whitby. Cracking little spot - got out to Scarborough Castle also (strange place, not as rough as I thought, until the local Orange Order turned up?!)

afternoon all, speaking of fish and chips we just got back from a weekend in Whitby. Cracking little spot - got out to Scarborough Castle also (strange place, not as rough as I thought, until the local Orange Order turned up?!)

went to whitby in the early 80's on a school football tour, never known wind like it. saw our keeper have to make a save from his own goal kick and then score from one in the 2nd half. Had a great laugh though. Spent the evenings in the one seafront amusement arcade that was open, being almost blown off the cliffs and being chased around the narrow streets & stairways by the local scallies who all seemed to be rather datedly punks!!

Back