You dont know how lucky you are!

collyp

I often see / read of how frustrated and pissed people are with the prices of drinks and club tickets across the Island, check this out.

Tomorrow sees the return of Danny T to Dublin, 1st time in over 10 years I think. First time I saw him was last year in Space with John Digweed, I can say it was prob my best clubbing night ever, just brilliant. Tomorrow I get to see him for a second time, playing from 9 - 3am in Tripod - €37 - One DJ.

I paid €20 for him, Digweed, Yousef and few others last year in Space, Ibiza.

Next Friday Ill arrive in Ibiza for my 6th time (Wohoo, My first trip @ 18, i said Id never go back in 1st few days). Ill get We Love close for €50 + a free drink and about 30 DJs in my favourite club - Drinks are expensive, but count yourself lucky, here in Ireland we are starved of good djs and prices!

Roll on Steve Lawler We Love Close 28th!!!!!!!!! :p :p

Anyone who pays €37 to see 1 DJ needs their head examined, Danny Tenaglia is good sure but that's a rip off, i paid €15 to see Francois K in Dublin 6 weeks ago and he is as good if not better than Tenaglia, €20 to see Kenny Dope and he also is the dogs.

Those promoters @ Tripod on Fridays (515 is it?) take the absolute p*ss charging these prices, when you have other promoters charging a lot less for DJ's equally as good if not better, boycott these cun*s.:!:

Danny T is the king!! he's the "Dj's DJ" and it will be worth the 37 Euros alone if he plays "Terror" :twisted:

That said it is a lot of money for a particularly short set by his standards!

seems a world away from when he used to play Holy City Zoo in Manchester £5 on the door :eek:

That's like 30 quid. I wouldn't complain. Well worth it for DT.

I'd just make sure I'd got down there early and saved my place on the dancefloor.

Anyone who pays €37 to see 1 DJ needs their head examined, Danny Tenaglia is good sure but that's a rip off, i paid €15 to see Francois K in Dublin 6 weeks ago and he is as good if not better than Tenaglia, €20 to see Kenny Dope and he also is the dogs.

Those promoters @ Tripod on Fridays (515 is it?) take the absolute p*ss charging these prices, when you have other promoters charging a lot less for DJ's equally as good if not better, boycott these cun*s.:!:

i don't think its anything to do with the quality of the DJ

more down to the infrequent visits from that particular DJ

Anyone who pays €37 to see 1 DJ needs their head examined, Danny Tenaglia is good sure but that's a rip off

I would pay 37 euros or even £37, I would pay £50, nay £100 to see the daddy play at Back2Basics, preferably an all night set.

On the other hand I wouldn't dream of paying the same sort of money to watch grown men chasing a football around a field in the name of sport.

I would pay 37 euros or even £37, I would pay £50, nay £100 to see the daddy play at Back2Basics, preferably an all night set.

On the other hand I wouldn't dream of paying the same sort of money to watch grown men chasing a football around a field in the name of sport.

Well at least with Tenaglia he is gonna play 5+ hours football it all over in 90min ;)

Seeing him at Sankeys next weekend for the bargain price of £15

I ended up in there on my brothers stag do. a veritable gangsters paradise by all accounts.

yeah true of most manchester cluibs at the time:

on the upside you never has too far to go for "garys"

on the downside if you barged into anyone wearing a coat zipped all the way up you were in trouble!!!

Well at least with Tenaglia he is gonna play 5+ hours football it all over in 90min ;)

Seeing him at Sankeys next weekend for the bargain price of £15

Didn't know about this feast of dj heaven, I haven't read any of my sankeys emails for ages. A stroke of luck reading this post :):):):):):):) I shall be forever in your debt Robbie. Now I need to recruit some buddies to cross the border:lol:

I generally don't pay as much as £37 into football either although there have been occasions ive paid well more, but football for me is of far more importance that dance music, although for a few years in the 1990's the whole Rave scene took a hold of me big time and i was into nothing else.;)

i really don't get the danny t thing, well over hyped :arrow:

I agree with you actually, don't get me wrong he is a good DJ but definitely overhyped,there are far better out there Francois K being one, now he really is a legend, his sets are so varied more so than any other DJ ive come across.

I agree with you actually, don't get me wrong he is a good DJ but definitely overhyped,there are far better out there Francois K being one, now he really is a legend, his sets are so varied more so than any other DJ ive come across.

FK is a legend

Dont get me wrong Fk is awesome live, but DT tops him. In fairness FK, DT and maybe Garnier are the only djs out there that id travel to see.

And House music, actually Music in general is more important that Football will ever be!!!

Blimey there's a blast from the past, I used to love that hole :lol: What happened to it??

not sure to be honest. I moved away from Manchester to Nottingham in 1996 and it was still going for a while after. Presumably like most clubs in town it was the venue for an impromptu shoot em up betwixt salford & cheetham hill and never opened its doors again!!! By that time I was getting mashed up every weekend in the Market Bar & Deluxe so didnt really care :lol:

Back