worst djs.....

Robo

we have had best djs etc, i think it maybe time to see who was the worst dj you've ever seen..

mine was john kelly at godskitchen

Actually Robo my vote also goes to John Kelly, although this was at Manumission last year. Beat clashing, jumping records it was all there, truly awful even some shitty DJ at a cheesy local club could do better!

Sonique...........it's the combination of her crap mixing, shite tune selection and the fact that she insists on wailing over the top of the music.............shut up woman!

have to agree with you there, saw sonique a few times and was appaled! She's only a DJ coz she used to be in S-Xpress.

Another shite one has to be Boy George, what a lot of shite! Again only a dj coz he was a pop star. :rolleyes:

and the prize for the worst dj is

:twisted: must be arman van heldon, in manumission
playing hip hop to the point, where brandon block snatch the record of the deck and crowd boo arman van heldon.

this was 2 years ago

marc spoon

nope, mine is definately Marc Spoon - Extravaganza in PRIVELEGE!! He was boohed off stage cuz he just put on records after another and didn´t bother to do a decent mix, and whenever he "tried" my ears where about to fall off - ashamed of what I had made them hear ;) Sometimes there was silence for half a minute untill he had put on another record, who the h'** let´s him play in a venue like that????loved him when he was doing the Jam´n Spoon thing though!

All of the DJ's that I have seen in Ibiza were very good. Not to say that I haven't seen a top DJ mess up before because I have, but messing up every once in a while is one thing, but being a headlining DJ and not being able to mix very well is another. Here in San Diego there are a lot of shite DJ's. There was one girl that I saw (Miss Lisa) who had a group of choreographed dancers behind her and she would do these little dance moves of her own while she was up there. Also she couldn't mix at all. She played this high energy horrible trance that when the huge build up would come she would try to mix the next record in (mind you it wasn't even on) causing a montage of really horrible sounds! The sad thing is that almost all of the people at the club thought she was amazing. I was just standing there staring at her like are you for real?!?! I think a lot of those so called DJ"s out there who have to sing over the music or do little dance moves are compensating for there lack of mixing and technique skills. Well, she is pretty nice looking though which seems to be the case with a lot of the DJ talent out at the clubs here in SD, so I guess that makes her a great DJ then?!?! What a joke! :rolleyes:

One more thing I have to add is that it is amazing how many DJ's out there suck and are getting praise for it. I wouldn't step foot in a DJ booth at even the crapiest club in the world if I couldn't match a beat. I think a lot of those crappy DJ's are so self involved that they can't see their lack of skills and are just doing it because they need that notority to boost there ego's. The sad thing is that those DJ's out there who have no skill or talent are probaly going to do great because there are too many people out there who think they are great because those people are just as cluless as those DJ's! Example A: I see Miss Lisa is now opening for a lot of good DJ's who come to San Diego. :lol:

uhhh-uhhh - I wanna touch the sky...I wanna fly so hi-i-ighhhh! ....uhhuhhh! hehe.....

Don´t like her? I thought she was good!

Hm.....well good we all have dif. opinions!

I like Sonique's voice as well, but as for her dj-ing skills, I don't know, I have never seen her live. I have seen several crap dj's here in Austin, but I can't remember their names now because it's been a while. There was this one girl dj that was supposed to be doing a tribute or something like that to Dj Rap (who I don't really like either) that I went to see and I absolutely hated it. She was playing all these break beats, but all along there was this one constant really fast beat going on in the background that you couldn't dance to at all! It was really annoying! I wish I could remember her name, but like I said, it has been a while.

premile said:
vinylgroover said:
A toss up between Seb Fontaine and Danny Howells. Two of the most overrated DJ's IMO.

Seb Fontaine yes -- Danny Howells can throw down a killer set at times.

You could be right on Danny Howells. In fairness i have only seen him twice, but he was shit both times. His sets went nowhere. His Nocturnal frequency CD's were also crap IMO.

U BLOW GOATS

i THINK THAT U HAVE ISSUES WHICH U NEED 2 RESOLVE U CAN DO THIS WHILE IN THE BATH OR BY TAKING A BRISK STROLL IN THE PARK NEVERTHELESS U R STILL MIND BENDINGLY GAY AND U NEED TO0 JOIN THE YMCA 2 ESTABLISH A REPECTABLE CABIN MASTER WHILST HE SWEEPS YOUR POOP DECK AND WALKS YOUR PLANK AND USING THE PORTSIDE STERN 2 GET A PEEK AT YOR CROWS NEST. YOURS SINCERELY THE PERSON WHO WONT GO AWAY. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA[/i][/b]

Very sad to say, but Kenny Dope was bloody awful last year @ Soul Heaven. Galloping Horses?? It was like the bloody Grand National in there! Give me Louis Vega any day!

misterc said:
Very sad to say, but Kenny Dope was bloody awful last year @ Soul Heaven. Galloping Horses?? It was like the bloody Grand National in there! Give me Louis Vega any day!

Noooo don't say that about Kenny Dope, he is one of my babies :p

I could never choose between Little Louie or Kenny Dope...........it is like choosing between chips or crisps or something :rolleyes: :p

But he was definitely NOT dope that nite!!! I think it was the opening Soul Heaven party @ El Divino, so perhaps he was just getting used to the sound system, but it was embarassing. Having seen Louis in Southport the year before, I was so looking forward to Kenny, but alas, it was not meant to be.

.....Mind you, the sound system in El Divino that night was pretty shit as well.

misterc said:
But he was definitely NOT dope that nite!!! I think it was the opening Soul Heaven party @ El Divino, so perhaps he was just getting used to the sound system, but it was embarassing. Having seen Louis in Southport the year before, I was so looking forward to Kenny, but alas, it was not meant to be.

.....Mind you, the sound system in El Divino that night was pretty s*** as well.

I have only seen him at Soul Heaven @ Ministry in London and he has always rocked the place big style-eeee, he is down there at end of March cannot wait :D

ive seen Howard Donald (yes dreadlocked lispie guy fm take that) twice.
both times at garlands.
The first time he played he wasn't actually too bad, but the second time he played. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
I don't think they booked him ever again

but i hear that nigel benn is supposed to be pretty decent :lol: :lol: :lol:
hhhhhhhmmmmmmm!!!!!

Back