World Cup Qualifiers

Iceland 1 - Scotland 2

Big Kirk Broadfoot finally takes Aiden McGeady out of his back pocket to score on his debut
;):lol::lol::lol::lol:

A great win!

well blow me (no really, go on)

should have been 5, fat franks was a goal.

capello proving his worth? for once, no fear - HAS to stick with rooney and heskey. it really worked.

can not believe emile is the best man up front again, but as we showed in the game vs russia (i think) - he may not be good, but he is effective.

like phil collins.

Ireland were absolutely ripped off against Montenegro:evil: the referee was a shambles, we should've had 2 penalties, a blatant handball in the first half and the referee does nothing, overall, we were the better team and should've won the game for sure, we played better that we did last Saturday against a better side and only for the shocking referee we should've won, but it's pleasing to see us playing such good football and we are definitely improving under Trapattoni.

Great result for England and im as shocked as anyone they won 4-1 against a very good team, although Croatia played a shocker tonite,Walcott and Rooney immense as was Ferdinand,England despite being a poor team generally played a blinder this evening but can they build on that, the question remains.

Not a bad result for Scotland eiter althogh Iceland are hardly what you would call a good team and after last Saturday's shocker they had to go out and win this evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see that the England camp have got their priorities all in order!!

quote from JT this morning:

"none of the lads are worried about the game as most of them have recently played in the champs league in bigger games than this" :eek:

so there you go, the captain confirms in one statement what we have suspected for ages that club glory is more important than earning the right to compete at the worlds greatest sporting event!! :spank:

And he has already started tapping up West Ham's new manager!!! Helmet!

Great result last night though. That elbow on Joe Cole was bad darts as they say! Cole went all Trevor Berbick when he got up.

Terrible night for betting though.

Zola is a legend! Well done West Ham for bringing him in.
Don't worry... one day, he'll come home to SW6 ;)

Well they got what they wanted someone who wants to play attacking football and is obviously going to attract good players to the club and also has a philosophy of bringing through youth team players too. I hope he is given a chance, I don't think there will be anyone over there moaning he is ex-Chelsea though. Although it is inevitable if he is successful then he will be poached, the same would have applied to Billic. I bet his shares have taken a tumble after last night!!

Being a scot i actually watched the england match , was very impressed with their performance

Walcott's looking hot this season but scoring a hat-trick for england theirfans will begin relying on him all the time to produce the goods which is'nt good when he's still young

anyway good performance england

the day zola comes back to chelsea is the day i pull my pants down and have a w*nk over the entrance to the shed bar.

can't wait. i'd rather we'd brought him in than big phil.

can't wait. i'd rather we'd brought him in than big phil.
I have a feeling he was up for consideration but I don't think Zola wants to manage Chelsea as his first club. He loves the place too much. I think he'd rather come back with some club experience under his belt so he can properly take his rightful place at the helm...

I have a feeling he was up for consideration but I don't think Zola wants to manage Chelsea as his first club. He loves the place too much. I think he'd rather come back with some club experience under his belt so he can properly take his rightful place at the helm...

Was it not one of that Russian blokes first moves to try and bring him back as a player - however as he had signed with someone else, and being an honourable bloke he had to refuse.

well impressed with England lastnight, Walcott's 2nd goal was a peach!!! cracking move ....
honestly thought the croat should not have been sent off though, i watched highlights again at lunchtime there and from all angles u can see he clearly keeps his eye on the ball and not on cole .... as soon as the ref seen the gash he went for his card ....

i do think England would have still won the game against 11 anyhow .....
cant really see by England now for topping that group!!!

happy enough with our result as well....we would have got mugged though after that red card if we were playing a decent team!!!!

Was it not one of that Russian blokes first moves to try and bring him back as a player - however as he had signed with someone else, and being an honourable bloke he had to refuse.
Yep. Good old Kenny Bates hadn't given Zola a new contract. As soon as Roman's crew got in there, they figured out what was up and offered Zola a good new deal. But he'd just given his word to Cagliari (his hometown team) that he'd come play for them a day or two before, and wouldn't go back on it. It was no one's fault, really, but showed what a great man Zola is.

Thank you to all you Chelsea rent boys for your kind words and comments about the famous West Ham's new manager.

I didn't know you cared. :oops:

xxx

always remember zola's last game ( i think) playing us, comfortable victory for chelsea.

near the end in the corner, zola totally abused carra, turned him inside out and had him on his arse. total class.

Back