World Cup Draw

so what have brad freidel and clint dempsey been doing? those septics have been in the prem quite a while now.
Friedel is long retired from internationals. Tim Howard, on the other hand, is our main keeper right now. He already knows how to handle Rooney, et.al.

Donovan will be our goal machine. It's just good for him to get a taste of how your defenders work.

On a separate note, anyone else looked at airfares to Jo'burg? INSANE! $2400 each r/t from here. :cry:

Not at all. We've got Emirates, Qatar, Etihad all flying from here to Dubai/Doha/Abu Dhabi and then from there to Jo'burg. Shorter trip and cheaper than any of the European options. Just still really expensive. :confused:

Not at all. We've got Emirates, Qatar, Etihad all flying from here to Dubai/Doha/Abu Dhabi and then from there to Jo'burg. Shorter trip and cheaper than any of the European options. Just still really expensive. :confused:

au contraire

as a qualifying nation, you wikll find a lot of packages will be put on to make the finals more accessible to us average joes!

au contraire

as a qualifying nation, you wikll find a lot of packages will be put on to make the finals more accessible to us average joes!
Funny you should mention that... I was just googling 'charter flights'. Couldn't find anything of interest, though. When do you think they'll start advertising these packages? They'll probably come with accommodation, though, which I don't need :confused:

Funny you should mention that... I was just googling 'charter flights'. Couldn't find anything of interest, though. When do you think they'll start advertising these packages? They'll probably come with accommodation, though, which I don't need :confused:

yeah, probably and tickets too. so no help really.

you could make it real road trip and hire a lovely old bull nose bentley and drive to south africa, using only countries where they drive on the left!! :p

On a separate note, anyone else looked at airfares to Jo'burg? INSANE! $2400 each r/t from here. :cry:

All booked up!

£800 via Lisbon on TAPPortugal airlines. (Try Netflights.com, was a bit dubious about them, but then saw they sponsor Leeds United so must be legit :lol:

Safari for 4 days then off to Durban to see Spain v Switzerland.

Accommodation prices in S Africa are even more scandalous than flights though. Got a decent place in Durban but we have to stay 2 nights in Jburg, and the only place we found is a cr@p hostal which looks horrific. They're charging nearly £200 per room per night! :eek:

All booked up!

£800 via Lisbon on TAPPortugal airlines. (Try Netflights.com, was a bit dubious about them, but then saw they sponsor Leeds United so must be legit :lol:

Safari for 4 days then off to Durban to see Spain v Switzerland.

Accommodation prices in S Africa are even more scandalous than flights though. Got a decent place in Durban but we have to stay 2 nights in Jburg, and the only place we found is a cr@p hostal which looks horrific. They're charging nearly £200 per room per night! :eek:
I'm lucky because all the US matches (Rustenburg, Jo'burg, Pretoria) are all right around Johannesburg and we've got 2 places to stay with friends there. I'm trying to fly in on Jun 10/11 but that's the problem as everyone wants to arrive at that time for the Jun 11 opening (England v USA on 12th). I don't want to go earlier because I want to stay until the 27th for the first knockout round. That's already 2.5 weeks... gotta save some vacation for Ibiza, Christmas, etc. :confused:

What's this safari your on? I'm thinking of maybe popping up to Victoria Falls and probably going back to Pilanesburg Park and Sun City as the missus hasn't been there. And the requisite Soweto tour.

I'm lucky because all the US matches (Rustenburg, Jo'burg, Pretoria) are all right around Johannesburg and we've got 2 places to stay with friends there. I'm trying to fly in on Jun 10/11 but that's the problem as everyone wants to arrive at that time for the Jun 11 opening (England v USA on 12th). I don't want to go earlier because I want to stay until the 27th for the first knockout round. That's already 2.5 weeks... gotta save some vacation for Ibiza, Christmas, etc. :confused:

What's this safari your on? I'm thinking of maybe popping up to Victoria Falls and probably going back to Pilanesburg Park and Sun City as the missus hasn't been there. And the requisite Soweto tour.

We're going to Krugar park for the safari, I think it's in the north east. Whats the Soweto Tour?

No way could I afford to stay for 2.5 weeks! :eek:

We're staying with friends, thus the extended stay. If we were living in hotels, there'd be no chance :confused:

When I was there in '05, we took a tour of Soweto, the huge black township outside of Jo'burg. It's really interesting stuff. Highly recommended!

Ferd - just booked a car through Avis for only $27/day!! I suppose it's because we've got weekly rates over 2 weeks but still a good deal.

I'm so excited I can barely contain myself. At this moment, exactly 5 months from today, I'll be in Rustenburg for England v USA :D (assuming my ticket application goes through... hoping there's not too much competition for US team group stage tickets :lol:)

That is very cheap price for car rental, good deal there.

We're relying on internal flights and buses.. bit worried about that last bit.. :lol:

Very excited too, can't wait for June:D

:D:D:D:D:D

Just received confirmation from Fifa, we got the tickets for Spain v Switzerland in Durban.

I applied for the tickets through the Spanish FA, so it's not part of the general tickets sales which are due to finish on the 22nd I think.
Those are the ones you've applied for arent they Morbyd? the ones that follow your country?

Back