World Cup Draw

:D:D:D:D:D

Just received confirmation from Fifa, we got the tickets for Spain v Switzerland in Durban.

I applied for the tickets through the Spanish FA, so it's not part of the general tickets sales which are due to finish on the 22nd I think.
Those are the ones you've applied for arent they Morbyd? the ones that follow your country?

wicked mate, nice one. made up that you've sorted it!! :):):)

:D:D:D:D:D

Just received confirmation from Fifa, we got the tickets for Spain v Switzerland in Durban.

I applied for the tickets through the Spanish FA, so it's not part of the general tickets sales which are due to finish on the 22nd I think.
Those are the ones you've applied for arent they Morbyd? the ones that follow your country?
Congratulations, mate. Very good news! :D

I'm still waiting. I went through the main Fifa process as the US deadline passed the day before I started looking into it. Not too worried, though. I've got people in S.A. to grab me local tix if this doesn't work out 8)

Just 2 months left, Ferd!!

I've got confirmed tix to USA v Slovenia, USA v Algeria and the 1st knockout round games for whomever is 1st and 2nd in our group. 8)

Still trying to locate some USA v England tickets :confused: And Brazil v Cote d'Ivoire if I can

Can't wait!!

Ferd, who'd you book your Kruger safari through? How many days is it?

ferd - good skills mate !
I am actually going out to South Africa for some DJ dates for Inrichment/FIFA - I get into Cape Town the day before the first game ! Not sure if there's any plan to go to Durban.
Loads of tickets left for the games, so i'm definitely going to check out a couple.
Should be good fun, as i'll be there when the English all arrive, as probably the only Scot in South Africa......
Let me reiterate that for the first two weeks, I am American/Algerian/Slovenian......

ferd - good skills mate !
I am actually going out to South Africa for some DJ dates for Inrichment/FIFA - I get into Cape Town the day before the first game ! Not sure if there's any plan to go to Durban.
Loads of tickets left for the games, so i'm definitely going to check out a couple.
Should be good fun, as i'll be there when the English all arrive, as probably the only Scot in South Africa......
Let me reiterate that for the first two weeks, I am American/Algerian/Slovenian......

Sounds great mate, you should definitely go to a few games. Shame we'll be so far away. Of course, never turn your back on your Algerian heritage.. :lol:

Morbyd, i did it through STA travel agency. We went to them in person, but i think this is the same safari trip we're doing

http://www.statravel.co.uk/cps/rde/...on=AF&country=ZA&type=wildlife&sort=price_asc

This time in two months i'll walking in Durban getting ready for the game. Very very excited 8)

Stu just saw in your dates you might be playing in Durban on the 17th? Is that right?

Last edited by a moderator:
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sh...His_1990_World_Cup_Rap_For_a_New_Mars_Advert_

Former England and Liverpool star John Barnes is to re-record his chart-topping rap 20 years on.

15603025.jpg
Winger Barnes is regarded as one of England's most skilfiul players ever

His performance was the centrepiece of the 1990 England World Cup anthem World In Motion.
Barnes - whose singing earned mixed reviews - will take a second shot in a new advert for Mars to be filmed next week.
The orginal track was recorded by New Order under the name Englandneworder.
It has been given a new lease of life in recent years after being performed by James Corden on BBC1 comedy Gavin & Stacey.
World In Motion reached number one and was New Order's only chart-topping single.
The orginal video saw Barnes miming his rap on a training pitch.

Details of the new video have yet to be revealed, although Mars has changed some of the lyrics.
The chocolate maker will also be changing its packaging from black to white to reflect the England strip in this summer's World Cup.
The Mars campaign will feature a 30-second advert on TV with a full-length version online.
Fans are being offered the chance to take part in the new video. Anyone interested should visit www.mars.co.uk
The new lyrics:
Verse
You've got to hold and give
But do it at the right time
You can be slow or fast
But you must get to the line
They'll always hit you and hurt you
Defend and attack
There's only one way to beat them
Get round the back
Catch me if you can
Cos' I'm the England man
And what you're looking at
Is the master plan
We ain't no hooligans
This ain't a football song
Three lions on our Mars
I know we can't go wrong
Chorus
We're singing for England
EN-GER-LAND
We're singing the song
We're singing for England
EN-GER-LAND
We hope this year will be the one!

If all goes as planned, I think we'll be staying with a buddy of mine in Sandton at that point.

That's an afternoon match so I'd be more than happy to meet up for drinks at Nelson Mandela Sq or elsewhere if you've got some ideas :D

Damn it, got it wrong. Looks like we're only there for a few hours. :(

Got your vaccinations yet?

Hmm... of those, I think only malaria is a worry (although I can't remember if I had Hep A or Hep B... I think A)

I've got the sickle cell trait which makes me resistant to malaria but the missus isn't.

Is that one actually a vaccine? I always thought it was some pills you take.

Hmm... of those, I think only malaria is a worry (although I can't remember if I had Hep A or Hep B... I think A)

I've got the sickle cell trait which makes me resistant to malaria but the missus isn't.

Is that one actually a vaccine? I always thought it was some pills you take.

Its pills.

Hep B should be ok for me.. the doctor said unless I have unproteced sex with locals... seeing as i'm going with my missus its not very likely :lol:
the other way is through sharing needles, again, don't think thats top of my agenda..

Back