World Cup Draw

Morbyd

I wish they'd get it over with already! :evil: :lol:

2 days to go... at least they announced the seeded teams today:
Brazil, Spain, Italy, England, Germany, Netherlands, Argentina and the hosts S. Africa.

Who else besides Ferd and I is considering going? Anyone know if we find out the cities alongside the groups?

I wish they'd get it over with already! :evil: :lol:

2 days to go... at least they announced the seeded teams today:
Brazil, Spain, Italy, England, Germany, Netherlands, Argentina and the hosts S. Africa.

Who else besides Ferd and I is considering going? Anyone know if we find out the cities alongside the groups?

thats good then, although we could still draw Portugal or france and usa & ivory coast.
Johnny, I think the venues are announced today too thats how it usually goes.
Happy with the seeding being on fifa rankings alone, much fairer than including previous tournaments, 4 years is a long time!!

cant ****ing wait...bring it on!!! :p

Actually, the seedings weren't on Fifa Rankings alone. If they were, France and Portugal would have been seeded. They took the rankings and factored in the qualifying campaign.

If the U.S. gets England, France and Ivory Coast, I give up.
South Africa, Uraguay and Slovenia would be alright :lol:

BBC just posted the pots

Pots for Friday's draw: eight groups of four countries to be drawn, each group containing one country from each pot.

Pot 1 (seeds): South Africa, Brazil, Spain, Holland, Italy, Germany, Argentina, England

Pot 2 (Asia, Oceania and North/Central America): Japan, South Korea, North Korea, Australia, New Zealand, USA, Mexico, Honduras

Pot 3 (Africa and South America): Ivory Coast, Ghana, Cameroon, Nigeria, Algeria, Paraguay, Chile, Uruguay

Pot 4 (Europe): France, Portugal, Slovenia, Switzerland, Greece, Serbia, Denmark, Slovakia

Slight diversion but does anyone else find the whole 'bidding' process for the world cup (and olympics) horrendous?

Surely we have more important things to spend time and resources on than this beauty parade.

Now that they can not give them money direct, its just seems to be football administrators wanting to meet famous people - jack 'you need to deploy david beckham more' warner being the most blatant.

Nothing to do with the benefit it will bring - it should be judged on sustainability and economic sensibility / long term regen.

we'll never get it, that kunt blatter is against it, and he's seen more brown envelopes that postman pat!!!

Spain / Brazil

nobody else need bother turn up.
Well, the US beat a full-strength Spain in the Confed Cup so I'd challenge that assumption 8)

Brazil, on the other hand :cry: (at least we were ahead after 45m :lol:)

I have a chance to go, my brother has been out there since january and has tickets for whatever group games get played in cape town.

I understand it's South Africa's moment in the spotlight... and all of Africa's as well. I honestly support that. It's their time.

But damnit... why can't they just get to picking the damn balls out of the pot. It's been on for 50 minutes already! :lol:

WOOHOO!!!

OK, I was about to break some glassware when we got England, but then Algeria and Slovenia. USA to go through in 2nd place?! :D

Group H: Spain, Switzerland, Honduras, Chile
Group G: Brazil, North Korea, Ivory Coast, Portugal (New Group of Death)
Group F: Italy, Paraguay, New Zealand, Slovakia
Group E: Netherlands, Denmark, Japan, Cameroon
Group D: Germany, Australia, Serbia Ghana (Group of Death?)
Group C: ENGLAND, USA, Algeria, Slovenia
Group B: Argentina, Nigeria, South Korea, Greece
Group A: South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France

Off to drink to our good fortune :lol:

Landon Donovan to go to Everton on loan??
As Mr Burns would say, puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurfect! :twisted:
He'll be able to get the measure of all the England players before we meet in June...

Landon Donovan to go to Everton on loan??
As Mr Burns would say, puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurfect! :twisted:
He'll be able to get the measure of all the England players before we meet in June...

so what have brad freidel and clint dempsey been doing? those septics have been in the prem quite a while now.

Back