Working a 7 day week

This thread is bringing the Tory out in me.

_39399648_tory_boy203.jpg

Surely there must be things you can cut out or save on rather than flogging yourself 7 days a week.

quality of life ALL the way. unless you work in a job, with people you like, and an employer who actually delivers what they promise. ;)

Hard work won't hurt you just give it a try. If you think about it lifting and carrying heavy items is not in our daily work plans.

Sadly, I didn't get the job.
Second employer seemed to have any issue with having a day off.

Will look for bar work instead. Tbh, it'd be better, and put me in better stead with Ibiza next year

Sadly, I didn't get the job.
Second employer seemed to have any issue with having a day off.

Will look for bar work instead. Tbh, it'd be better, and put me in better stead with Ibiza next year

Might get good tips in a bar ;)

Can you do the whole rolling the cocktail shaker up your arm spin it on your head etc?

Not quite, it was a Northern flea pit. You were lucky if you got a glass without lipstick on the rim :eek:

But i did end up marrying one of the barmaids 15 years later...:lol:

Just found this thread randomly and thought I would add my experience this year. I worked an average of 72 hours a week up until May in a very stressful job so that I could have 4 separate holidays to Ibiza. I can't even begin to think about how much it cost financially! In terms of mentally and physically I think that I became quite stressed toward the end and I'm pretty resilient. This may be to do with the nature of my work. On the other hand I had the best year going back and forth to Ibiza! I said I wouldn't do it again because when I stopped I felt physically better (although I didn't notice at the time) but I'm already thinking I can't budge on a May and September trip.. Then thinking I wonder what pre pre-season is like... o_Oo_Oo_O

I am working between 60 and 75h a week since more than 10 years, in a very stressful job.
For sure mentally and physically it's not the best way to get old in good state :lol:.
But I didn't find another solution to pay my apartment in Ibiza :spank:
Each dream has a cost...

I work a 24/7 day a week over seven days rotating shift pattern

Try that for putting on few years on you!!!

Jeeze some going! What do you do?

Its not as bad as it seems, it only averages 40 hours a week but I'm constantly changing from one shift to another. I don't know whether Im coming or going sometimes. I get "jet lag " symptoms quite often.

Back