Winter flights petition

interestingly, the airports of northern england send more people to ibiza in summer than any other region in britain, so there could be an argument that manchester - equidistant from the main centres of population in london and scotland and not in the middle of frigging nowhere - would be a better airport than stansted?

Concise, succinct and logical thinking does not seem to go hand in hand with big businesses these days.

Now about the Ibiza Spotlight winter charter flights.........

Seriously there must be an opening in the market for chartering a small jet a couple of times per week through the winter months. We enjoyed better weather in Ibiza in Feb than two previous winter visits to Tenerife, supposed winter sun hotspot.

I've signed it, cos once we move there.... in winter we'll have no way of visiting family in the UK (and vice versa).... unless we all start messing about flying to Barcelona and then onwards, which with a very active 4 year old is not my idea of fun.

Also the existing flights to Stanstead are neither use nor ornament to me cos I'm from the North of England so maybe Manchester would be a better alternative? Or maybe one to each Stanstead and Manchester??? Surely it wouldn't cost that much to have 1 flight a week to each of those airports?

Like you, we would love to see a flight to/ from the north of England. Fortunately living near the a1 the journey to Stansted is not too bad but still adds 3 or 4 hours to the journey. The article I read re: BA taking up the winter route, they mentioned London City, that would be :( The via Barcelona route could be good fun but with two children in tow would be hard work.

Back