wimbledon

stivi

nadal is not playing, pity. hope his knees will be better soon.
go federer go!!!

With Nadal out this could be Murrays best chance of winning it. If he doesn't do it this year he will follow in Henmans shoes.

With Nadal out this could be Murrays best chance of winning it. If he doesn't do it this year he will follow in Henmans shoes.

How can you say that? The guy is very young, he's climbing through the ranks and has years ahead of him. Henman hit his peak later in his twenties. Christ, have a bit of faith in the lad. World number 3 at 22-23 whatever he is.

I'm attempting to garner some interest in this tournament, but failing quite badly! Where are the personailities - the bad boys (and girls), the entertainers, the playboys!?

And I don't mean Cliff Richard!

Was there all Mon and Tue - brilliant days out. Made up for 3 days of crap at Silverstone all weekend.

Was there all Mon and Tue - brilliant days out. Made up for 3 days of crap at Silverstone all weekend.

What games did you see?

The driest Wimbledon for years is the year the closing roof is completed:lol:

I can't see past Federer for the mens title.

I'm attempting to garner some interest in this tournament, but failing quite badly! Where are the personailities - the bad boys (and girls), the entertainers, the playboys!?

And I don't mean Cliff Richard!

the new roof does at least mean that twat has now been made redundant

wimbledon staged some great games over the years but everything else about it - the corporate boxes, the daily mail tory wifey types, the people who think tennis only exists for 2 weeks a year - all of them should be shot.

he is a bit annoying sometimes but I like the fact they can't handle Murray ie someone who actually wants to win the thing rather than your typical British gallant loser. and his "anyone BUT England" comments at the football were very funny too.

I met Andy Murray @ my local tennis club in West London & asked him if he fancied doubling up. Amazingly he said yes... so I kicked the Scottish tw@ straight in the bllx!

At the end of murray's match the commentator said that he was 'magical'... i beg to differ. Im glad to see that he won but I was very unimpressed with his performance. He'll need to pull his socks up if he meets Federer at some stage. He definitely won't win if he plays the way he did tonight.
J

Last edited by a moderator:
On course for an all-Williams final on the women's side :D

Probably not exciting for you Brits since you have no women :lol:

Roddick's been looking pretty good... he could trip up Murray in the semis :twisted:

I would prefer to see a Federer v Roddick final, you can imagine if making the final Roddick would be psyched up beyond belief, virtually killing himself to win the first set!

I cannot see Murray making the final tbh, he just doesn't seem to play to his ranking in the slams but has age on his side for the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back