wimbledon

On course for an all-Williams final on the women's side :D

Probably not exciting for you Brits since you have no women :lol:

Roddick's been looking pretty good... he could trip up Murray in the semis :twisted:

It says a lot for womens tennis at the moment that the Williams barely play ten matches all season other than Grand Slams and yet always get to the final or there abouts. If they really wanted i'd say they'd win 90% of the all tournaments, specially since Henin retired.

Come on Ferrero! :lol:

At the end of murray's match the commentator said that he was 'magical'... i beg to differ. Im glad to see that he won but I was very unimpressed with his performance. He'll need to pull his socks up if he meets Federer at some stage. He definitely won't win if he plays the way he did tonight.
J

Apart from last night he's pretty much breezed past his opponents so far. i think he done well to keep the head after it looked like he might have thrown it away. At least it was entertaining last night.

It's all about the women's tournament. Come on Venus!
All-Williams final :D 8)

I hope Venus takes it home. After dispatching Dinara Safina 6-0 6-1, she's looking a better bet than Serena, who struggled with Dementieva.

One thing's certain.. The US wins the women's tournament once again :D

All-Williams final :D 8)

I hope Venus takes it home. After dispatching Dinara Safina 6-0 6-1, she's looking a better bet than Serena, who struggled with Dementieva.

One thing's certain.. The US wins the women's tournament once again :D

Bah, the US wins nought in the mens tournament :)

Fed gave a fine demonstration on dealing with a MASSIVE server on Wednesday. Murray looked very good once he managed to finally focus on the matter in hand. Hewitt & Roddick played at their usual 120% commitment rate. I originally thought Roddick might overturn Murray but that looks a tall order now.

A Federer vs Murray final looks pretty certain now, it will be fascinating to compare the two since their last slam meeting in the US. I think Fed in straight sets will be the outcome on Sunday.

Nadal must be gutted as he would surely have made the final again, lets hope his injury is not serious.

A Federer vs Murray final looks pretty certain now, it will be fascinating to compare the two since their last slam meeting in the US. I think Fed in straight sets will be the outcome on Sunday.

Agree withe 1st part of that, but not the 2nd!
Fed has not really been tested yet, Haas may well do that! Will be very tough for Roddick, not onloy has Murray got a far better head 2 head record, buthas the crowd too!!

Was there all day Wednesday, only had ground tickets! Managed to get in 3rd place in the resales queue, waiting 5 &1/2 hours, finally got a ticket for £5, only ended up being in the front row right behind Murrays chair, sat nexy to Gabby Logan!!
An exceptional day!!

Your boy done you proud there, Morbyd.

Fully deserving of his place in the final, no question about that. Looking forward to Sunday... come on fed.

I could watch tennis all day every day, knocks football into a cocked hat :lol::lol:

What a final! I only got to the tv for the 5th set, but that ended up being nearly half the match! :lol:

Andy done us proud. Monster performance. When 2 players are matched evenly like they were yesterday, it was always going to come down to a couple of mistakes and they went Roger's way. But Andy played above himself and Roger wasn't at his best.

Never been a huge fan of Andy's style of play but this time he wasn't relying on his serve alone to save himself (in several of the games, Roger took on that role!). Made some great shots and played Roger into making uncharacteristic mistakes.

Roddick for the US Open title?

What a final! I only got to the tv for the 5th set, but that ended up being nearly half the match! :lol:

Andy done us proud. Monster performance. When 2 players are matched evenly like they were yesterday, it was always going to come down to a couple of mistakes and they went Roger's way. But Andy played above himself and Roger wasn't at his best.

Never been a huge fan of Andy's style of play but this time he wasn't relying on his serve alone to save himself (in several of the games, Roger took on that role!). Made some great shots and played Roger into making uncharacteristic mistakes.

Roddick for the US Open title?

Can't disagree with any of that. Morbyd.

It would be a good US final. Based on Wimbledon performances, Roddick has Murrays number for the moment and with Rafa possibly out all year, would seem the most likely final at this stage. I'm a massive Fed fan but I didn't want to see Roddick lose such was his valliant effort. After many hours of play to still be sending serves down at close to 140mph is awesome. I hope Roddick builds on this and doesn't let the defeat affect him as he looked totally crushed yesterday :(

Back