Why......

stephen said:
the purpose of ibiza spotlight and this forum is to publicise and give useful information about ibiza to everybody. we have nearly 6500 registered members on the info/clubbing forums yet we only have 20 or 30 regular posters who use the site as their own chat room. every time i log on it reminds me of the time i went to someone else's office party - so goodness knows what it's like for anyone new logging on. Take a long hard look at some of your posts and the overriding impression is that anybody who isn't like you isn't as good as you. (ie clothes, music, recreational activities etc)

But don't you think this figure of regular posters will decrease if you carry on deleting posts? How would a new poster feel coming on here and seeing you speaking to people like that and just deleting posts because they didn't appeal to you.

I'm sorry Stephen, I think this is an excellent site and I love all your posts but this comes across that you have no respect for most people on here. You're so concerned about what new people will think that you're alienating the people who helped make this site what it is today. Or sorry, what it was.

I always went out of my way to answer posts made by newbies even if it had been said before. You have a very short memory!

Clara said:
How would a new poster feel coming on here and seeing you speaking to people like that and just deleting posts because they didn't appeal to you.

Open Chat rules NEED defining. It can't say about anything you want and then have the mods delete anything they don't want. I made this point earlier but didn't get a response.

on a more positive note this thread is how it should be!!! :p

that made me chuckle stuie ;-) cheers

re: rules

i stick my hand up in the air and shout "guilty as charged"

my fault entirely, sorry. i am working on those this week. please bear with me.

i only been a member for bout 3 months now n first went to ibiza to july. i found this site very helpful, my questions got answered for me, sum with great detail and i have passed the little knowledge i have about ibiza on2 others requesting help. i find sum of the randomness funny and interesting and i have now began to join in. serious questions do get answered, as i found out for myself. keep up the gd work ppl

Back