Why......

Yeah and stuff like "whats your fave soup" gets left alone :rolleyes:

Moderation on this board has gone well down hill in the last couple of weeks. It used to be pretty much always bang on and fair but it seems very unfair and to have different standards for different people now and no consistency which is the probably the most important missing aspect to it. I've seen posts left alone by say two mods who've been on the forum and had a while to read them, then another mod comes on and deletes them. No standards or guidelines or consistency being followed or displayed. This means that no-one knows where they stand/whats allowed/not allowed etc and reflects very badly on the running of the forums.

I was actually gobsmacked tonight when James suggested banning political topics :eek: Censorship in its worst form, removing the right of people to free speech and open discussion :(

I do think that the mods/owners of the board dont want certain people to post here anymore. Thats fine, its their board! But it would be a lot fairer and a lot easier if they just came out and said/banned who they wanted to.....and im sure those people would then welcome and respect their honesty, myself included.

All this unpredictible and excessive moderation/deletion of posts just pisses people off and creates a bad atmosphere and feeling of anger and distrust on the board.

I know this post smacks of ejecting oral pacifying device from baby carrying vehicle but the above issues are really pissing some people off. I'm not too bothered myself, in fact not at all from a personal pov - nothing i've posted thats been deleted is worth caring about one bit and i dont. Its more from a basic right/wrong/general group issue point that needs resolving that i've posted this.....

I hope people get to read this but expect that it will be deleted which is a shame. I mean its a shame that things have got so bad that i now expect serious points/issues that i or anyone else raise to be ignored and deleted :(

as i can't be on the forum 24 hours a day i hadn't and still haven't seen the soup post. it'll probably go when i get to it.

and jtm do you seriously need to ask why your posts got deleted?

I think I can understand why my posts are being deleted, but like most parties when they get boring...I'm not leaving until I'm kicked out, kiss kiss

Right, my point proven now -

Few weeks ago James posted on the board in a topic a link to a funny flash anim by Brian Mung. It had a few rude words in it.

Last night i found Brians latest flash anim on his site, which was also rather funny and also had a few rude words in. Now i thought, should i post it on Spotlight? Its funny and i knew some people would find it so? So remembering that James had posted a similar anim by the same guy i thought it must be fine to post it????

But, NO! It gets deleted :rolleyes:

NO consistency in what can be posted. How the hell are we to know what we can or cant post when some people (ok it is James's site) can post something but others cant?

====>>>>>
pee.gif
pee.gif
pee.gif
pee.gif
pee.gif
pee.gif
pee.gif
pee.gif
pee.gif
pee.gif
pee.gif
pee.gif

Its quite clear that the mods dont want general chit chat, they want it to remain purely about Ibiza. Shame really because there will be less hits per day due to Ibiza season being over and non ibiza / clubby posts will be deleted.

To be frank (who is frank) :lol: its getting quite dull and boring :rolleyes:

Yes and all the people who regularly chat will leave taking all their ibiza knowledge with them. That'll be good in the spring summer time when newbies come on asking about the island and get onyl 50% less or so replies/ideas/info about the island wont it? :rolleyes:

i dont see what random banter does that is bad for this forum at all? As long as its non drug related and not 100% filth, then its still family friendly?

on public transport, people will have banter. When families meet they will have banter. In restaurants there is banter. And on forums there IS banter! Nothing bad about it at all. Anyway why am I even writing this i'm not really bothered......just had a point to make :confused:

pee.gif
pee.gif
pee.gif

mambobirdette said:
Its quite clear that the mods dont want general chit chat, they want it to remain purely about Ibiza. Shame really because there will be less hits per day due to Ibiza season being over and non ibiza / clubby posts will be deleted.

To be frank (who is frank) :lol: its getting quite dull and boring :rolleyes:

I know we have to respect James' decision but the board is going be much less quieter, there's only so much you can talk bout Ibiza, esp off-season. If it hadn't been for Members starting last Nov/Dec the board would have completely died off when instead the 3/4 months at the beginning of this year were busier than ever.

N8 said:
Yes and all the people who regularly chat will leave taking all their ibiza knowledge with them. That'll be good in the spring summer time when newbies come on asking about the island and get onyl 50% less or so replies/ideas/info about the island wont it? :rolleyes:

That's a valid point.

I hardly use this board now anyway, maybe a bit of music discussion but that's it really, had a few posts deleted the other day on here as well so why bother I suppose.

N8 said:

Nail and head.

KarlosHx said:
IBIZALISA said:
KarlosHx said:
:lol: How are you lise?

fabulous thank you sweetie, even if I do say so myself :lol: Hows you?

I love it when someone says fabulous etc rather than the 'yeah not bad' response! I'm coolio thanks hon, looking forward to 5pm ;)

I know fabulous is such an exciting word :lol: only 2 hours to go, and the weekends ours :D :D have a good one fella.

Oh may I add, am loving N8's post, well said :D ;)

IBIZALISA said:
I know fabulous is such an exciting word :lol: only 2 hours to go, and the weekends ours :D :D have a good one fella.

Oh may I add, am loving N8's post, well said :D ;)

Cheers girlie, you have a fabulous one too :lol: ;)

N8 said:
Yeah and stuff like "whats your fave soup" gets left alone :rolleyes:

Moderation on this board has gone well down hill in the last couple of weeks. It used to be pretty much always bang on and fair but it seems very unfair and to have different standards for different people now and no consistency which is the probably the most important missing aspect to it. I've seen posts left alone by say two mods who've been on the forum and had a while to read them, then another mod comes on and deletes them. No standards or guidelines or consistency being followed or displayed. This means that no-one knows where they stand/whats allowed/not allowed etc and reflects very badly on the running of the forums.

I was actually gobsmacked tonight when James suggested banning political topics :eek: Censorship in its worst form, removing the right of people to free speech and open discussion :(

I do think that the mods/owners of the board dont want certain people to post here anymore. Thats fine, its their board! But it would be a lot fairer and a lot easier if they just came out and said/banned who they wanted to.....and im sure those people would then welcome and respect their honesty, myself included.

All this unpredictible and excessive moderation/deletion of posts just pisses people off and creates a bad atmosphere and feeling of anger and distrust on the board.

I know this post smacks of ejecting oral pacifying device from baby carrying vehicle but the above issues are really pissing some people off. I'm not too bothered myself, in fact not at all from a personal pov - nothing i've posted thats been deleted is worth caring about one bit and i dont. Its more from a basic right/wrong/general group issue point that needs resolving that i've posted this.....

I hope people get to read this but expect that it will be deleted which is a shame. I mean its a shame that things have got so bad that i now expect serious points/issues that i or anyone else raise to be ignored and deleted :(

AMEN

Back