Why space is overrated

well id rather pay anything at Amnesia that in Space......have never bought a bottle of water in Amnesia, nor in Sapce but my friends bought one at Space and felt ripped off

Ibiza-girlie said:
have never bought a bottle of water in Amnesia, nor in Sapce but my friends bought one at Space and felt ripped off

thats strange considering its the exactly the same size bottle of water and in space its 6 euros and amnesia its 8 euros - for exactly the same bottle of water.

Rob, you forget Amnesia is blatently better than Space, it has a vip area a nd everything! ;)

Sorry to hear there's been a few bad experiences at Sundays@Space. I've been 3 times this year and must admit that when I went in July, it was pretty poor - music was rubbish (it was the back to basics party and no amount of tomfoolery from Dave Beer could improve it) and the sound system sounded like a portable radio.

However, when I went back last week, it was one of the best day/nights out I've ever had. I've been to Space loads of times over the years and love it, and on the 7th it was unbelievable.

The sound system on the terrace was rocking (somehow Lawler manages to get a bit extra out of it). Although it was rammed, the atmosphere was awesome, ventured to the front when Lawler played Guetta's - Just a Little More Love (tune of the year?) and it was like a mosh pit! Brilliant! Lawler proceeded to rock the terrace with Blue Monday, 2 Months Off before he closed the terrace with Bassheads classic - Is Anybody Out There (think a few weeks ago someone mentioned Afrika Bambaaata but I doubt he played that version I'm sure he would have played the Bassheads version), and rounded it off with Sweet Dreams..............absolute magic!

Tom Novy and Groove Armada had rocked it earlier - with GA playing stuff like Linus Loves The Terrace and can't believe they played one of my favourite tunes of all time Playing With Knives!

So don't lose faith. Go again with less expectation and you wont be disappointed. It is an amazing place, but just accept it is commercial know and isn't how it used to be. If you want to feel like how it used to be, just go to Matinee on a Saturday morning. It really does go off on the terrace there!!!

I think Space is an awesome venue, and probably my favourite on the island.

Just think, would Carl Cox and Sundays at Space (etc...) be so good if they were at one of the other venues?

I went to Space at sunday, august the 30th. It was the best place I went in Ibiza. Both the Terrace and the other place. I couldn´t know where to stay!
The thing I didn´t like was the salty water in the bathroom. :)

It was the best places for finding women, the dancer were incredibly beautiful (Hey, and I´m Brazilian! We have beautiful people here!)

I just don´t know if it´s the best place all over the world. I think here is better, but Space was really really good.

I´ve started a forum about tips to Space, take a look!

Fulano said:
It was the best places for finding women, the dancer were incredibly beautiful (Hey, and I´m Brazilian! We have beautiful people here!)

I was there that day! ;)

Kitten did you make it back for the Rooty DJ's? They've had a bit of stick on here but I thought they were fab, way better than Sneak on that day IMO

well Robo I´d hardly judge a place based on their water prices....i just think there are so many other better places f.i Amnesia and Privelege, Pacha even.....My experience is that there are waaaay too many pill poppers in Sapce and that´s just scary as hell

Ibiza-girlie said:
well Robo I´d hardly judge a place based on their water prices....i just think there are so many other better places f.i Amnesia and Privelege, Pacha even.....My experience is that there are waaaay too many pill poppers in Sapce and that´s just scary as hell

Which of course there aren't at cream??? :rolleyes:

cookie said:
Kitten did you make it back for the Rooty DJ's? They've had a bit of stick on here but I thought they were fab, way better than Sneak on that day IMO

Rooty smashed it up on 30th!! :D 8) Sneak was good, but Rooty were waaaaay better ...

Ibiza-girlie said:
My experience is that there are waaaay too many pill poppers in Sapce and that´s just scary as hell

It was way funny walking in there at about 5pm and seeing most of the people with their eyes popping out, chewing away, you do really notice it when you're sober yourself!! :lol: :lol:

not as scary as DC10 tho ... :twisted:

cookie said:
Ibiza-girlie said:

Which of course there aren't at cream??? :rolleyes:

Space has got nothing on a pint at yates's on a Sat night! 8)

it just my opinion, and yeah I think its worse at Space than any other club in Ibiza, thats probably why I really dont like the place.........

My experience is that there are waaaay too many pill poppers in Sapce and that´s just scary as hell

to be fair, i find most clubs to be in this state. anyways, nothing scary about pill poppers.

though re: space....things do appear to be very organised inside...if you get what i mean :rolleyes:

I don´t know the expression, but I can infere what pill poppers are.

Well, they didn´t bother me at all...

About the price of the water, I´ve found out a way to get water for free.

After I´ve found that out, that stop bothering me.

What bothered me was that it became too crowded when the terrace closed.

Opposite to the DJ´s there´s a good place to stay and hang, above everybody. It was the solution.

Back