Whos cancelled this year ?

I think the biggest burden now for airlines is the debt they have racked up which was loans not granted to them by a government... basically uk airlines. Stick a load of interest on top of those loans while share holders are wanting their dividends. It is going to be really very tough now

I will say that there are airlines that should be in administration (Norwegian)
I think the biggest burden now for airlines is the debt they have racked up which was loans not granted to them by a government... basically uk airlines. Stick a load of interest on top of those loans while share holders are wanting their dividends. It is going to be really very tough now

I will say that there are airlines that should be in administration (Norwegian) but with government loan has just delayed the inevitable.

It really is very sad
There will definitely be a few airlines that will go under, or get bought out. Seen more than a few mortgage their frequent flyer programs for short term cash too, next step is bankruptcy (American Airlines, United), BA had to sell their art out of their lounges (lol) and got a solid cash infusion by selling miles to Amex

There will definitely be a few airlines that will go under, or get bought out. Seen more than a few mortgage their frequent flyer programs for short term cash too, next step is bankruptcy (American Airlines, United), BA had to sell their art out of their lounges (lol) and got a solid cash infusion by selling miles to Amex

That article was from July 2020, and basically gave IAG one year's worth of liquidity given their burn rate!!! :eek:

That article was from July 2020, and basically gave IAG one year's worth of liquidity given their burn rate!!! :eek:
Yup, which is why you're seeing contractions in their route network, cost shedding, and sales. I wouldn't be surprised if BA was 40% smaller after all this is done. They have other methods to generate cash flow so I doubt they're in too much danger, but vaccine distribution can't come fast enough for any airline

Has anyone on here had problems using an Iberia Voucher code? I have just tried to re-book on their website and keep getting a message about it only being valid with certain airlines. Getting the feeling I might be waving goodbye to my money....

Has anyone on here had problems using an Iberia Voucher code? I have just tried to re-book on their website and keep getting a message about it only being valid with certain airlines. Getting the feeling I might be waving goodbye to my money....
I was messing around with mine from BA last night and as soon as I tried to put the second one in a couple times it failed out and locked the code for 24 hrs. I'm guessing iberia uses a similar booking platform so that could be it. If you know your routing and are ready to book id just call them and book over the phone. Or wait a day and try again online.

I was messing around with mine from BA last night and as soon as I tried to put the second one in a couple times it failed out and locked the code for 24 hrs. I'm guessing iberia uses a similar booking platform so that could be it. If you know your routing and are ready to book id just call them and book over the phone. Or wait a day and try again online.
Yep, tried that, not having it. I have opened up a dispute with Resolver to see what they can do. It is because they use British Airways as the carrier, which probably throws up a glitch in the system...

Yep, tried that, not having it. I have opened up a dispute with Resolver to see what they can do. It is because they use British Airways as the carrier, which probably throws up a glitch in the system...
Are you trying to use the voucher on BA? If you originally booked on Iberia, then you'll have to rebook through them.

Are you trying to use the voucher on BA? If you originally booked on Iberia, then you'll have to rebook through them.
It is a real pain as I booked through Iberia on the Iberia website. But then when you look on BA, they are the same flights, the times are the same etc, so it is basically Iberia using BA as the carrier (they must have some sort of link-up/agreement, I don't fully understand it).

So when you try to use your Iberia voucher (on the Iberia website), it flags up BA as the airline, and causes a glitch in the system. I wouldn't say they are deliberately trying to stich you up and make things difficult, but it wouldn't surprise me!

It is a real pain as I booked through Iberia on the Iberia website. But then when you look on BA, they are the same flights, the times are the same etc, so it is basically Iberia using BA as the carrier (they must have some sort of link-up/agreement, I don't fully understand it).

So when you try to use your Iberia voucher (on the Iberia website), it flags up BA as the airline, and causes a glitch in the system. I wouldn't say they are deliberately trying to stich you up and make things difficult, but it wouldn't surprise me!
Iberia and BA merged sometime ago

BA/Iberia/Air Lingus are all owned by the same parent company IAG. As a result they cross sell flights for markets they don't directly service, this is called code sharing. You'll almost certainly be required to book through Iberia again to use your voucher, even if the flights are on BA.

If you need a hand booking let me know, I'm fairly good at finding availability.

BA/Iberia/Air Lingus are all owned by the same parent company IAG. As a result they cross sell flights for markets they don't directly service, this is called code sharing. You'll almost certainly be required to book through Iberia again to use your voucher, even if the flights are on BA.

If you need a hand booking let me know, I'm fairly good at finding availability.
This is the message I'm getting when I put my voucher code in, any ideas? 1608655683659.png

Back