Who is the Secret DJ?

What was said? He’s someone I grew up listening to a lot round here.
EE is threatening some kind of libel litigation that besmirches his good name... as more and more victims of his abuse come forward

It's all a bit weird. How he has fostered an online community of grown adults to savage anyone at his beck and call. I do like the insult "hot sauce nonce" though

Last edited:
EE is threatening some kind of libel litigation that besmirches his good name... as more and more victims of his abuse come forward

It's all a bit weird. How he has fostered an online community of grown adults to savage anyone at his beck and call. I do like the insult "hot sauce nonce" though
Blimey. Incredible how so many partially famous people allow for this to all get played out on social media these days, basically in the public domain. Some seem to absolutely wallow in it. I imagine a lot of these platforms didn’t exist when they were undertaking these alleged activities.

Blimey. Incredible how so many partially famous people allow for this to all get played out on social media these days, basically in the public domain. Some seem to absolutely wallow in it. I imagine a lot of these platforms didn’t exist when they were undertaking these alleged activities.

I think social media has a lot to do with it. In the past, private detective agencies might have snooped around and now screenshot culture is turning everyone into amateur sleuths/hacks. I also think there are lot of people now in their 50s-60s who took way too many drugs and are now facing payback time in terms of paranoia, delusion and fantasy.

the SDJ-EE feud has dragged on for years tbf. I first saw them sparring on Faith 15 years ago! the Proctor stuff is on a whole other level though. I don't know how UK-Spain cyber libel laws work or how it would play out.

I think social media has a lot to do with it. In the past, private detective agencies might have snooped around and now screenshot culture is turning everyone into amateur sleuths/hacks. I also think there are lot of people now in their 50s-60s who took way too many drugs and are now facing payback time in terms of paranoia, delusion and fantasy.
Yes, I was alluding to the last part of your message, very different times in many ways and the advent of social media, people growing up and developments in terms of evidence building are coming back to haunt some of them. What I don’t get is why those alleged to have committed wrongs use social media themselves as platforms for reply and in some cases actively seek to maintain the stories in the public eye. I just don’t get it at all.

What I don’t get is why those alleged to have committed wrongs use social media themselves as platforms for reply and in some cases actively seek to maintain the stories in the public eye. I just don’t get it at all.

music is a PR-world now. Being 'cancelled' now is the equivalent of being a witch in medieval times. If you're a DJ and suddenly nobody's talking to you or booking you and rumoured to be a creep or worse, then you're toast. and if your career whether in music or food depends on a social presence, then you'll fight like a rat in a sack to clear your name/trash your enemies.

music is a PR-world now. Being 'cancelled' now is the equivalent of being a witch in medieval times. If you're a DJ and suddenly nobody's talking to you or booking you and rumoured to be a creep or worse, then you're toast. and if your career whether in music or food depends on a social presence, then you'll fight like a rat in a sack to clear your name/trash your enemies.
I think it’s where and how they choose to fight it that I just struggle with. Some folk seem to keep prodding their own bear. But who knows how you’d react unless you are in that situation.

I think it’s where and how they choose to fight it that I just struggle with. Some folk seem to keep prodding their own bear. But who knows how you’d react unless you are in that situation.

I think there's basically a whole load of unemployable 55 year old men sat on computers. Thousands of 'em. If you were somebody in the 90s and a nobody now, and know no other world, what are you supposed to do? other than spunk your diminishing royalties on chisel? the likes of Farley (and even Rampling - despite the weirdness) are ok because they shrewdly position themselves as elder statesmen of the scene. They will keep getting the Defected gigs because they still have a name/heritage market, whilst the cheesier ones can always rely on Clockwork & co or playing second fiddle to Alfredo at some festival in Leamington Spa. But then you've got all the other footsoldiers, the also-rans and never-weres, the ones who had that hit on Manifesto in 1996. Bitterness creeps in and they wash up online being sarcy misanthropes, taking potshots at Skream or anyone under 40. I know one divorce happened in my extended circle because she just got done with all the negativity and I guess lockdown made it worse. So the online circus and real life do sometimes intersect. There's a lot of people on social media in a very bad headspace.

I think there's basically a whole load of unemployable 55 year old men sat on computers. Thousands of 'em. If you were somebody in the 90s and a nobody now, and know no other world, what are you supposed to do? other than spunk your diminishing royalties on chisel? the likes of Farley (and even Rampling - despite the weirdness) are ok because they shrewdly position themselves as elder statesmen of the scene. They will keep getting the Defected gigs because they still have a name/heritage market, whilst the cheesier ones can always rely on Clockwork & co or playing second fiddle to Alfredo at some festival in Leamington Spa. But then you've got all the other footsoldiers, the also-rans and never-weres, the ones who had that hit on Manifesto in 1996. Bitterness creeps in and they wash up online being sarcy misanthropes, taking potshots at Skream or anyone under 40. I know one divorce happened in my extended circle because she just got done with all the negativity and I guess lockdown made it worse. So the online circus and real life do sometimes intersect. There's a lot of people on social media in a very bad headspace.
I think that is reflective of society in general for a number of people of that age. Your line of ‘There's a lot of people on social media in a very bad headspace’ is true across people from all sections of society.

@W_I_C i just read up on the Eastwick stuff. There is a lot there to go at. That parody account certainly keeps giving.

On the subject of bad behaviour amongst djs, I stumbled across a blog from a woman called Sacha Wall. She was a dancer turned promoter for Scream and Sundissential around the late 90s. Well worth a read imo. Amongst the self justification and some utterly bizarre personal stuff that I certainly wouldn’t have put out there, it sheds some light on the behaviour of some djs and other influential members of the scene back then. Will try and dig out a link when I can remember where I found it.

Last edited:
What a read!
Fascinating stuff isn’t it? And completely bonkers. It covers so many bases. It is obviously her perspective and I’m sure many people named will see it differently. She has obviously made some very peculiar choices of her own along the way. I just stumbled across the blog after looking at some Sundissential items on line. What a club that was, an absolutely brilliant way to spend Sunday afternoon and evening.

That's juicy read indeed. I've met Sasha a few times and no axe to grind with her personally (never knew she was an ex-P3 girl though!), but that last bit did make me a chuckle: "I'm a lover not a fighter" I actually had to unfollow her on socials because she goes to war constantly with somebody or another! There's always drama. Maybe if half of what she writes there is true, I can understand her combative personality

Can anyone remember the mystery person behind all the leaks on Fb about the trance scene from about 10 years ago? Rumoured to be a female working in the scene, who was exposing what the main dj’s in the trance scene are like and what they get up to.

That's juicy read indeed. I've met Sasha a few times and no axe to grind with her personally (never knew she was an ex-P3 girl though!), but that last bit did make me a chuckle: "I'm a lover not a fighter" I actually had to unfollow her on socials because she goes to war constantly with somebody or another! There's always drama. Maybe if half of what she writes there is true, I can understand her combative personality
Worked with her in Ibiza in the mid 2000s, and got on fine with her. Unfriended me on FB a few years back for calling out Rampling's blantant grifting. Called me angry, which definitely wasn't the case.

Quick look at her FB just now, mentions vaccine nonsense, WEF, JK Rowling, Russell Brand, MSM, shares from Fox News in the US - buzzword bingo for anyone who goes that way.

Blame the people making money out of this stuff, not the individuals is my position and I hope she's ok.

I don't think he did himself any favours yesterday tbh. Everyone was understandably rallying around Graeme Park and it just looked petulant to just keep carrying on.. a time n place etc

heard he's missing a booking for "personal reasons", but didn't see any more. Hope he's alright. Another one of the rare good ones.

Back