Who is the Secret DJ?

'paid exceptionally well for being a headline DJ for over two decades.'.

Entirely untrue. Rubbish. Which bit don't you get?
The bit you are quoting. i think it’s you that us t getting it. Your source data needs an update by a decade and a half. Tim Sheridan was that headline DJ you quoted for over a decade, playing at least two gigs a week. You are talking nonsense. We are not talking about an unknown DJ making their way in the industry that gets a gig for free based on selling 25 tickets.

Last edited:
The bit you are quoting. As a long retired promoter I know from personal experience what you are saying is not accurate. Your source data needs an update by a decade and a half. Tim Sheridan was that headline DJ you quoted for over a decade, playing at least two gigs a week. You are talking nonsense. We are not talking about an unknown DJ making their way in the industry that gets a gig for free based on selling 25 tickets.
Ok mate, Tim was in that 2006 list I posted and wasn't in first three on the list. Post NDSM with Smoking Jo and probably on the wane from there.

Similarly, you'd think someone half way up the billing at Space on Sunday morning must be rolling in it? I handed over the money on quite a few and it was barely a labourer's shift per DJ.

Ok mate, Tim was in that 2006 list I posted and wasn't in first three on the list. Post NDSM with Smoking Jo and probably on the wane from there.

Similarly, you'd think someone half way up the billing at Space on Sunday morning must be rolling in it? I handed over the money on quite a few and it was barely a labourer's shift per DJ.
Tim Sheridan was a headline DJ for a v long time. It was for him to decide how he invested that wealth. For DJs that reach that end, it’s for them to make sensible life choices. While former headliner fees decline, they don’t fall off the edge of a cliff. But the vast majority of DJs never get a day in the sun, don’t get paid, often have to sell x amount of tickets to play or they have to pay to play, never receive the promos and don’t have the nous to set up their own nights. These are the guys doing it for fun or cling to the dream. I’ve booked more then my fair share of DJs in the U.K. The variation in fees and expenses back in the late 90s and early 00s was staggering even then. I dread to think what that variation looked like in the 2010s.

I admire Sheridan for creating a second career. I find his secret DJ content really interesting and I’m really pleased he’s on the mend. There are more deserving causes though, imo and I think that needed saying. All the best.

Last edited:
Just been reading the books. Who is Quag ? And what is the other club that was ‘Basement’ at the time he was at the club Home

Just been blocked by him. Complete whopper gives it out on Twitter can't handle it back.
He is. He’s a hypocrite and a beggar. I did try and warn folk on here. People will make their own choices, Tim and the public. On reflection, many didn’t want to hear it. I’m very sorry he fell on hard times and I hope he’s better. But he is what he is. It’s just the public way he goes about it that rankles a few people - he’s had privileged opportunities, wants engagement when it suits him but doesn’t like the challenge back about his attitude and behaviour. It’s a shame. The concept is brilliant and there is so much that can be done with it.

Last edited:
Ok, so expect a few fireworks next week. Ageing acid house 'pioneer' and 24/7 Facebook narcissist Steve Proctor is releasing a video on the Shaun Attwood YouTube crime channel in which he will apparently 'name and shame' everyone in music (incl the SDJ) who he claims 'trolled' or 'slandered' him in the years following his rape acquittal. A few household names.. which I suspect may lead to a few lawyers getting involved. I make no comment on him or that court case but it was a very nasty business, dividing a lot of people in clubland and shattering many lifelong friendships - and there is an additional Ibiza dimension too which I'm not too clear about but which I'm sure will be discussed

Back