Who is the best house DJ in the world ?

well well, difficult question really and a like all your suggestions as well.
I'd like to add one (actually 3)more:
X-press 2.
I saw them playing at Switzerland's Club Q (where Space World Tour stops sometimes) on 6 decks, 3 mixers and 2 cd-players for 3 hours... And I can tell you this was awesome and quality!!!
But I saw also Erick "More" Morillo in Switzerland, Roger Sanchez in Switzerland (when he's name was Roger S.) and Danny Tenaglia @ Home London (great club..... so sad it's closed...) and i liked all of them. So pretty difficult to decide, because there are even more which I haven't heard by now .....

lele, did u really like home!! :confused:
i went there twice and was very disappointed both times!
1. oakey was supposed to be on both times and didn't show!
2. I thought the layout was awful, the design meant that there was people constantly trying to push past you, (i really hate that :x :x )
on another note i wouldn't say he's the best house dj at the mo, but if anyone was @godskitchen's global gathering did they catch harry choo choo romero playing the final set in the babooshka tent. That guy can really mix well. He played a mad version of 'it just wont do' - tim deluxe
still not as good as his label m8 morillo though!!

taffy-boy said:
taffy: yes i must say, i really liked it there. Well you must see, we don't have such clubs here in switzerland. the funny story was this: my friend and i went out, not knowing where to go. so we went to leicester square and saw people queing before this huge building and we thought, this must be the place to be tonight. security people didn't let much people in so we thought why not to try it. as we arrived at the security people he asked us, what we wanted here. i said: "dancing". and he asked me if i knew who played that night. before this i watched inside the building and i saw on a tv srene the words "danny tenaglia". so i just thought to tell him: "Danny Tenaglia". And HE LET US IN... wow, i was so surprised and i can tell you i had a fantastic night.. really
but the last time in london i was also @fabric to see lee burridge (i got to know him in switzerland). this is also a fantastic club... so be happy to have such fantastic events/clubs/etc. of course, it's all a question of personal "like or not"....

next time your in london town u should check out turnmills and the end aswell. The only problem with turnmills is that on a saturday they shut one of the rooms to open up trade and squeeze everyone into the main room. It gets a bit crazy then, so thats when we normally opt to make a sharp exit. But the line-ups are normally damn good, cj mackintosh on the 3rd sat (i think) is very very good for uplifting us house. My other top club is garlands but will have to wait a few more months for their new venue to be built. Always ibiza though!!
God it must be pretty depressing over there without much options for a good night out. Whats the music of choice in switzerlands club-land??

thanks for your help. that's also pretty much what i wanted to visit nex time in London ;)
Yes actually sometimes it's pretty boring. The House Djs play pretty much "chart stuff"... you know: TOTP-House and things like that. The crazy thing is, that a lot of our people like that. But we have some clubs here which are different: Club Q in Zurich for example. They play a lot of cool Deep House and host regularly Space World Tour (which is great!!!). The French speaking part has also some good clubs to offer. MAD for example (the have regular djs such as Roger Sanchez, David Morales, and will host subliminal sessions with H.C.C.Romero this spring); but the thing is, they're actually to far off... *grrrr*... so I'm looking forward to Ibiza this year (sept maybe) to club with all you guys who know, what REAL dance music is :D

taffy-boy said:
1. oakey was supposed to be on both times and didn't show!
2. I thought the layout was awful, the design meant that there was people constantly trying to push past you, (i really hate that :x :x )
on another note i wouldn't say he's the best house dj at the mo, but if anyone was @godskitchen's global gathering did they catch harry choo choo romero playing the final set in the babooshka tent. That guy can really mix well. He played a mad version of 'it just wont do' - tim deluxe
still not as good as his label m8 morillo though!!

Firstly I agree Home was pants, I love Oakie from his Courtyard days so when I moved to Fancy London Town and heard he was going to be resident at Home I weed my pants...........what a let down :cry: I thought club was ok, bit too industrial for my liking but ok, the crowd was crap, it just seemed to be full of beer boys on work night out :rolleyes: and Oakie never seemed to be on top form there :rolleyes:

And secondly, I have to agree with you again, Harry Choo Choo was fab at GKGG last year, his last sent in Babs sent, funking awesome :D I love Harry Choo Choo, ok he's not Erick but he's one of my Subliminal Boys :p

taffy-boy said:
The only problem with turnmills is that on a saturday they shut one of the rooms to open up trade and squeeze everyone into the main room.

Not no more, Trade is RIP!! They shut it from I think Nov and now Turnmills is open til at least 7am on Saturdays YAY!!!!

Do go there quite a bit, but just do not like the layout of the place, I know loads of people love it but just can't get my head round it :rolleyes: They always overcrowd it as well :rolleyes: still a damn good night tho now and again :D

wow, im being enlightened here by my clubbing twin, :lol: :lol:
i've been out of the uk since november, but im coming back in a week, so its been a while since i last went to turnmills.
im pretty gutted cause, the 1st weekend i get back 'paris calling' is back on in turnmills. I went last year and it was excellent and this year no other than bob sinclair is headlining.
Problem is its me mates 21st birthday and were doing a weekend up north. Friday shindig 'john oo fleming' and then over to society in liverpool with the g-bar thrown in for good fun, ending up back in newcastle for hed kandi @stereo.
still gutted im gonna miss bob though :( :(
still great news about turnmills being open until 7, i used to hate waiting around for the trains to start again.
if u get a chance go 2 paris calling if it was anything like last year itll be fan-dabby-dosy!!

taffy-boy said:
wow, im being enlightened here by my clubbing twin, :lol: :lol:
i've been out of the uk since november, but im coming back in a week, so its been a while since i last went to turnmills.
im pretty gutted cause, the 1st weekend i get back 'paris calling' is back on in turnmills. I went last year and it was excellent and this year no other than bob sinclair is headlining.

Anytime bro :p

What wkend is Paris Calling, I take it it is Danny Ramlings normal night London Calling?? Could be very tempting :D

What wkend is Paris Calling, I take it it is Danny Ramlings normal night London Calling?? Could be very tempting :D[/quote]
yeah its on the first weekend of march and trust me it will be very good. It is danny boy's night but he wont be playing, just bob sinclair. Oh well suppose he'll have 2 do. :rolleyes:
yeah, right!!
i am so gutted that i cant get there
oh, and by the way peeps, hed kandi's new release is out on monday - twisted disco, woo-hoo!

Back