Who is Christian Bale?

Christian Bale

Batman/Dark Knight
The Machinist
The Prestige
American Psycho
Empire of the Sun
and the new Terminator movie (where the outburst was)

absolutely brilliant actor

the assistant director's comments on the tirade

""If you are working in a very intense scene and someone takes you out of your groove...It was the most emotional scene in the movie," said Franklin. "And for him to get stopped in the middle of it. He is very intensely involved in his character. He didn't walk around like that all day long. It was just a moment and it passed."

seems the studio sent the recording of the incident to their lawyers in case Bale carried out his threat to quit

Which nationality is the character he plays? He went from an American to English to an Australian accent in 2 minutes! :lol:
If it's from Terminator: Salvation, then he plays John Conner, an American who grew up moving around a lot between the US and Mexico.

The actor himself is Canadian.

He was great in American Psycho and pretty good in the Batman movies as well. I haven't seen his others although I have Prestige on video and have yet to watch it. But his reviews are generally good.

He has a reputation as being a bit intense. When he was in the UK for the Batman premier, I think his sister and mother (British) accused him of assault after an argument. There was some question as to their sincerity, however, as they were estranged beforehand.

Finest actor of his generation, absolutely brilliant. It must be hard having to put up with everyone else around you being crap in comparison.

He's obviously very intense and focussed. The others on the set are obviously not upto the task and he's understandably annoyed.

That outburst is absolutely TRIVIAL compared to most of the so called "greats" who are far worse.

If it's from Terminator: Salvation, then he plays John Conner, an American who grew up moving around a lot between the US and Mexico.

The actor himself is Canadian.

He was great in American Psycho and pretty good in the Batman movies as well. I haven't seen his others although I have Prestige on video and have yet to watch it. But his reviews are generally good.

He has a reputation as being a bit intense. When he was in the UK for the Batman premier, I think his sister and mother (British) accused him of assault after an argument. There was some question as to their sincerity, however, as they were estranged beforehand.

I thought he was Welsh. Yeah he certainly has a strange family.

He's obviously very intense and focussed. The others on the set are obviously not upto the task and he's understandably annoyed.

That outburst is absolutely TRIVIAL compared to most of the so called "greats" who are far worse.

Yep I would agree with that. Not many actors throw themselves as much into their roles as he does. Machinist was pretty sick how much he got into that role.

I thought he was Welsh. Yeah he certainly has a strange family.
Hey ya I think you're right...

A quick check of Wikipedia confirms you are correct. He's from Wales (although his parents were English/S.African) and later grew up in England, Portugal and then the US. Not sure where I'd heard he was Canadian but obviously wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey ya I think you're right...

A quick check of Wikipedia confirms you are correct. He's from Wales (although his parents were English/S.African) and later grew up in England, Portugal and then the US. Not sure where I'd heard he was Canadian but obviously wrong.

The Canadians try and claim everyone they can....bit like the welsh.

Bale is quality, can watch him in anything.

sex_pist_flogF.jpg

Please tell me another. :lol:

Back