Where to stay for a clubbing getaway

K

Kaisertod

Hi Everyone...

My girlfriend and I are looking at making a trip to Ibiza next June. We are really only coming to ht the clubs, and hit them hard. We are looking for the best damn five days of our lives, and are unsure of where to shack up. Which city should we be looking at, or better yet which hotel? Is there any particular hotels that seem to cater more to the clubbers than the families?

Also would it be stupid to go for one of those all-inclusive meal deals with a hotel, cause Im worried that we will probably be sleeping when normal people would be eating... does anyone have any experience with these things?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated :)

Warmly,

KT

I should add...

We are coming from the States and really dont have any friends to rent a villa with. So our choices are really limited to fairly reasonably priced spots designed for a single couple (i.e. a hotel)

I think club access would take precedence over beach access... But I am so open to suggestions its pitiful.. lol

Thanks in advance!

-KT

The "in" hotel which caters for clubbers at the moment is Es Vive in Figuretas.

Also The Pacha hotel in ibiza town.

Es Vive

Es Vive is the place 2 stay...fairly central (5 minute cab ride to bora bora and space)....no kids are allowed to stay at the hotel and no families, great chill hotel and a stunning bar....its bout 275 euro a night..check out their site:

hotelesvive.com

I styaed here for 5 nights in august, and it was a great staff, and very good ambiance..

I'd say go for Es Vive if you're coming all the way from America and you want to make most of your trip.

If you're on a budget try Jet in Playa den Bossa, ideal location if you're just on a clubbing holiday. You're right on the beach, next to Bora Bora bar and 5 mins walk from Space, what more do you want :D They're a bit basic but fine for somewhere to rest your head now and again.

As for all-inclusive don't go there, believe me it will be a complete waste of money. Playa den Bossa isn't very good for food but there is Passion across the road from Space which does really nice food, smoothies and a nice white wine :p

as a long time resident here ( i'm talking club la cama) i never fail to be astounded that even though i live in the clubbing capital of the world, only 2.5 of the 18,000 hotels on the island pay homage to the clubbing 'masses'
and for the life of me, i can never think of a reason why.......

(how do i put that puzzled face thing on here now?)

djb

mar y vent san an

10 seconds away from the sunset strip and mambo del mar etc

nice place to stay think you will like it

DJ Biff said:
as a long time resident here ( i'm talking club la cama) i never fail to be astounded that even though i live in the clubbing capital of the world, only 2.5 of the 18,000 hotels on the island pay homage to the clubbing 'masses'
and for the life of me, i can never think of a reason why.......

(how do i put that puzzled face thing on here now?)

djb

So why don't you recommend to us, some other hotels near to Ibiza Town/PDB which don't allow kids/ordinary folk which have a 24 hour bar, a nice pool area and great food :?:

We sure aint gonna find 'em in the latest Thomas Cook brochure :rolleyes:

You won't b eating much :!:

So don't pay any meals.

I stayed at Jet apts and it was so poor. Whole Playa Den Bossa area is like any holiday destination at Mediterranean. Don't go there :!:

If you are young and want to party 24/7 go to San Antonio. It has bad reputation but there is something happening all the time. It's easy and it's cheaper too.

If you are little older or want something more stylish go to Ibiza Town. I stayed at El Hotel (hotel Pacha) and it was superb. It's going to cost more and you'll spend much of your time in taxi :D but at least best club (Pacha) in the island will be next to your hotel.

Have a blast 8)

Sure, Playa Den Bossa isn't the most aesthetic place in the world but it acts as such a good base as it's close to Ibiza Town (where loads of good bars and restaurants are, plus it is absolutely stunning) has Space, Bora Bora, Ancient People, Pin-Up and a great beach. Also, you don't get the same levels of Beer Boys that you find in San Antonio.

Basically, if you want to be in a good location for the clubs and bars but not have to cope with loads of drunken people (mainly Brits) but also be close to the beach then Playa Den Bossa is for you.

Playa Den Bossa is a complete hole. As someone has said, you could be staying anywhere.

Go straight to San An. One street does not make a resort crap. Where else can you see the worlds top DJs play for nowt every night?

Top bars and decent restaurants and not forgetting the famous 24hr shop!

Playa Den Bossa is for folk who think they are too cool to stay anywhere else but the joke is on them big time! Have half these folk even stayed in San An or are they just repeating what their friends or others have quoted?

Dirk Bigler said:
Playa Den Bossa is for folk who think they are too cool to stay anywhere else but the joke is on them big time! Have half these folk even stayed in San An or are they just repeating what their friends or others have quoted?

I've stayed in San Antonio Bay about 5 times (Bahia, Palymra), we find we spent all our time and money in taxis going over to other side of the island, hence the reason why I don't bother with San Antonio these days. In a 2 week holiday I will make one trip over to that side of the island for a sunset at Khumaras and a bite to eat as Kasbah, other than that there is nothing really over there for me. Give me Bora Bora, Space, DC10, Ancient People, Passion, bars in Ibiza Town, Pacha, etc any day of the week.

Dirk Bigler said:

Er, hello? I went to Ibiza for the first time last year and was expecting to stay in San An (or San An Bay) but just happened to end up in PDB. We went over to San An a few times to see mates over there and I am so pleased I didn't stay there.

I have no problem with San An and actually rather like parts of it but it just ain't for me. PDB makes so much sense for me due to its location as it's so close to the bars, clubs and restaurants I wanted to go to.

As Barbie said, had I been in San An, I would have spent a fortune on transport over to ibiza town and PDB.

It's got nothing to do with trying to 'look cool'. I think that could be seen as a bit offensive, actually.

I personally like both resorts for different reasons, San Antonio IMO is much more prettier than PDB, yet PDB has a much better beach, San An has the sunset strip, PDB has Space and Bora Bora, both Privilege and Amnesia are easy acsesable from both resorts....

I can recommend Pikes, Es Vive, Bahia & Blau Parc. Pikes is the only one thats out of the way and you'd taxis everywhere BUT you do get in all the major clubs FREE when you stay there.

As for if PDB is better than San An....i'd say neither are especially nice but PDB is near DC10, Salinas,bora bora. space, pin up etc.& Ibiza town however if you want to sleep beware of the planes 100ft overhead all day every day.

You get used to the planes very quickly-they certainly didn't interupt my sleeping.

Oh and there's nothing better than the vibe at Bora Bora, Space or DC10 when one flies overhead!

kitten's head said:
You get used to the planes very quickly-they certainly didn't interupt my sleeping.

Oh and there's nothing better than the vibe at Bora Bora, Space or DC10 when one flies overhead!

very true!!!!!!

The atmosphere when a plane passes is great!! I'm smiling just thinking about it :D

Last 2 years I've stayed in San An, I fancy a change next year so it's looking like PDB.

PS Didn't know you got into the clubs for free if you stayed at Pikes!! - I bet it's well expensive though ;-(

Back