Where to stay for a clubbing getaway

it does, but then again it fairly close to san antonio.

why?
you thinking of staying there?

KT:

Considering that you will be there for only 5 days I would recommend getting a place in either Ibiza town (Eivissa) or Playa D'en Bossa. Yes, Playa and Eivissa are more expensive that Sant Antoni, but the price delta between what you would pay in SA for 5 days, and what you would pay in Playa or Eivissa will not be more that 100E - 150E. Since, you are not alone the price delta is halved.

Since you are coming all the way from the US, I would recommend that you extend the stay to 10 days. Unlike for our European counterparts, the plane ticket alone will be around $900-$1000 per head, if you are coming for the West Coast. Hence, it is not a trip that most Americans will make every year, especially considering that there is so much more to see in Europe. 10 days will give you ample time to catch the opening parties, relax, and see the island. You will not have to come back regreting that "we should have stayed longer, etc."

I was there from Jun-18 till Jul-02, I caught all the opening shows, saw a lot of the island, had time to relax, and I came back with only a one regret; not being able to see Es Vedra. I stayed in SA only because I went solo, and I did not want to spend most of my dollars on lodging. In most cases you do not need to get a cab, or even if you do, you can share a ride with others. Don't get me wrong, SA is not bad as some make it out to be. There are quite a few bars (like the PussyCat, where I had great conversations while enjoying my favorite Warsteiner for only 2.40E for 0.25L). The bus ride to Playa which was no longer than 50 minutes (including the bus change in Eivissa), which worked out fine as I could take a nap. However, given the option I would rather stay in Playa or Eivissa as I loved going to BoraBora which is in Playa.

There are a few places near ElDivino/Pacha, which are quite reasonable, and it is very central too. There is a great bar on the corner where the street curves towards Pacha operated by some Germans (One of the guys, Stevie, is pretty cool). It's a great place to sit back and sip a few drinks while socializing with some interesting folks. McRackin, can you please help with the picture and name of this place.

Cheers,

LagunaBeachCA

KT,

Your timing is great. This year I did ibiza in June and its was PERFECT. Not too crowded but enough real clubbers who basically go to te openings.
I would recommend that you stay near Ibiza town. Play d'en Bossa is not great place but it has one BIG advantage: it's near the big clubs and Bora Bora.
I stayed once in San Antonio and, as Barbie wrote, I paid a lot for taxis just to take me to the other side of the island.
You should consider staying in Es Vive hotel. Where ever you stay don't take the full board option. I don't think you'll have the time for 3 meals per day.
I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Kaisertod said:
Hi Everyone...

My girlfriend and I are looking at making a trip to Ibiza next June. We are really only coming to ht the clubs, and hit them hard. We are looking for the best damn five days of our lives, and are unsure of where to shack up. Which city should we be looking at, or better yet which hotel? Is there any particular hotels that seem to cater more to the clubbers than the families?

Also would it be stupid to go for one of those all-inclusive meal deals with a hotel, cause Im worried that we will probably be sleeping when normal people would be eating... does anyone have any experience with these things?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated :)

Warmly,

KT
HEY TAKE IT FROM 1 WHO KNOWS STAY AT THE
JET APARTMENTS IN PLAYA DEN BOSSA
TIS PERFECT ONLY ALL CLUBBERS THERE
WELL RECOMENDED

kitten's head said:
Dirk Bigler said:
Er, hello? I went to Ibiza for the first time last year.....

Sorry, but you cant really comment then? :D Believe me, San An for the headstrong, decent bars and restuarants and things to do on nights off. You cannot go clubbing every night, although some people will like to claim they do.

As for Pikes. I used to walk into San An from there and it took about 20 minutes pleasant stroll along the road. We got a Taxi at night down to Cafe Del Mar and it was only a couple of quid each time. You also have the added benefit of being no where near Den Bossa!

Dirk Bigler said:
kitten's head said:
Dirk Bigler said:
Er, hello? I went to Ibiza for the first time last year.....

Sorry, but you cant really comment then?

Errrrrrr, I was using it to illustrate a point. I have been to Ibiza twice now, staying in Playa Den Bossa both times and having also spent a bit of time in San An, I can honestly say it's not for me. It's great to spend a couple of nights there but I wouldn't want it as a base as it's so far away for the places I want to go.

Now don't start being rude, please. ;)

:D Sorry I was in one of those 'wind people up moods' yesterday!

Stay in San An next year and if you dont like it I will give you the money back! Cant say fairer than that? :D

You just have to spend some quality time in between clubs in San An and you will know what I mean. I has a great buzz about it with loads of clubbers rather than German families.

DJ Biff said:
as a long time resident here ( i'm talking club la cama) i never fail to be astounded that even though i live in the clubbing capital of the world, only 2.5 of the 18,000 hotels on the island pay homage to the clubbing 'masses'
and for the life of me, i can never think of a reason why.......

(how do i put that puzzled face thing on here now?)
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Back