where is best to stay...Playa D'en Bossa or san antonio??

The shuttle boats to/from Ibiza Town are fast and cheap. The beach is nice and sandy (though there's a bit too much seaweed for my taste),

The seaweed arrive to the beaches depending on the waterflow. Also, the more seaweed the better cos it means the water is clear and clean

The seaweed arrive to the beaches depending on the waterflow. Also, the more seaweed the better cos it means the water is clear and clean
The water in Talamanca is quite calm, which is why a lot of seaweed grows there (and one reason why the water is cleaner).

Really nice place. If I wanted a quieter location, I'd definitely go back to staying over there.

I'd love to have a villa up that way (Talamanca, Jesus).

In the three times I've stayed in PDB, I've spent maybe 13 minutes at the beach... been to bora bora a lot... but never gone in the water there.

I have to agree with Silvia, the beach there is horrendous.... way nicer beaches elsewhere.

This year I didn't spend as much time at bora bora as I did the past couple years... I still managed to find little beaches with only a handful of people on them...

Last edited by a moderator:
We stayed here, I loved it. I didnt think much of San An to be honest, I remember going up some road where there was a crossroads and it was mostly lager louts and 18-30s type - not my cup of T

Port Des Torrent is Still San An, but I suppose it is cooler to say that than San An. I will now say Port Des Torrent instead of San An!!!! Cant beat Coastline during the day!!:lol: :lol:

Port Des Torrent is Still San An
no, port des torrent belongs to san josé :!:

antonio_playa.gif

as you might remember, san antonio banned daytime parties so last summer lots of these events happened in that area.....

We were in Port Des Torrent and had to get a 10 min bus ride to San An so as far as I knew it wasnt San An...........

We stayed in PdB this year and San An 5 years ago

Personally thought the beach in PdB where we were (Fiesta PdB), opposite space was really quite nice. Best bit was having a nice beach view from the swimming pool and balcony.

Personally would stay in PdB purely for the fact that it was nice not hearing british voice wherever you go. I reckon as a resort San An has a lot more to offer (esp as I have heard it is becoming more n more clubby as opposed to way hay lets ave it!) but when I go on holiday I love meeting and hearing people from diff countries and being in San An would just irritate me after a bit!

Less urban than Figuretas, not tacky like PdB, and more cosmopolitan than San An.

i love that word cosmopolitan. the most cosmopolitan place i have ever been was the old trafford branch of aldi on a saturday morning. absolutely swarming with other nationalities!

i love that word cosmopolitan. the most cosmopolitan place i have ever been was the old trafford branch of aldi on a saturday morning. absolutely swarming with other nationalities!
Cosmopolitan: composed of people from or at home in many parts of the world; especially not provincial in attitudes or interests.

Yep... that's what I meant!

To amend what I said earlier, PdB is great for Space, Bora Bora, convenience stores, and general location. But another great location is Talamanca.

The shuttle boats to/from Ibiza Town are fast and cheap. The beach is nice and sandy (though there's a bit too much seaweed for my taste), and there's a few decent restaraunts right there. Plus it's a nice morning walk home from Pacha after any nights you might spend there.

Less urban than Figuretas, not tacky like PdB, and more cosmopolitan than San An.

Stayed in Talamanca this year. The only downpoint is the awful smell by the the little port. Is it dried seaweed?

Reading this makes me realise that PDB beach and strip is really quite Tatty.

Funny i never seem to notice when i'm there. :confused:

But then i always go to Salinas / Formentera for beaching around.

I love figueretas, short walk to ibiza town and nice and quiet. Inly bummer is trying to get a taxi during busy periods..

Reading this makes me realise that PDB beach and strip is really quite Tatty.

Funny i never seem to notice when i'm there. :confused:

But then i always go to Salinas / Formentera for beaching around.

I think PDB beach serves the purpose if you're staying in the area, you've been on a 48 hour bender and haven't seen sleep or food for 2 days, then you can just crawl up the road to Passion, go for the triple medicinal header of smoothie/rose/food and then crawl back to the beach and collapse on a sunbed outside Bora Bora.

Apart from on those occasions (which are quite regular :confused: :oops: :lol: ) I prefer to sunbathe elsewhere like you said.

I love figueretas, short walk to ibiza town and nice and quiet. Inly bummer is trying to get a taxi during busy periods..

Totally agree - i like the walk along the promenade towards IT in the evening, really nice walk and atmosphere.

I think PDB beach serves the purpose if you're staying in the area, you've been on a 48 hour bender and haven't seen sleep or food for 2 days, then you can just crawl up the road to Passion, go for the triple medicinal header of smoothie/rose/food and then crawl back to the beach and collapse on a sunbed outside Bora Bora.

Apart from on those occasions (which are quite regular :confused: :oops: :lol: ) I prefer to sunbathe elsewhere like you said.

Exactly why I think I hadn't realised this before :lol: I probably didn't realise what island i was on never mind what beach.

Exactly why I think I hadn't realised this before :lol: I probably didn't realise what island i was on never mind what beach.

:lol: :lol: :lol: It's times like that that you're just glad you're still functioning and you've made it to the sanctuary of a sunbed so you don't really care where the sunbed is :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: It's times like that that you're just glad you're still functioning and you've made it to the sanctuary of a sunbed so you don't really care where the sunbed is :lol:

I can't understand how can you collapse in the beach with all the sun in your head :confused:

Back