where is best to stay...Playa D'en Bossa or san antonio??

the_jester

me and my friends are booking our holiday on friday we're going ibiza on the 1st of august and we havnt decided if we want to stay in san antonio or Bossa... we need some opinions!!! cheers.

Not to be catty, Jester, but did you do a forum search? We've had this conversation many many times!

To reiterate, I prefer Playa den Bossa.

There's advantages to every part of the island, though. You've got to say what features/amenities are most important to you.... and what you plan on doing. Then we'll be able to better assist ;)

PDB is for young wanna be's and German families where the gents wear speedos. You could be in any Spanish tourist destination. The veterans and truly hardcore stay is San An. The only place to be!

So much more to do and over the last couple of years the bar culture has exploded. You know it makes sense (unless you cant handle it?)

PDB is for young wanna be's and German families where the gents wear speedos. You could be in any Spanish tourist destination. The veterans and truly hardcore stay is San An. The only place to be!

So much more to do and over the last couple of years the bar culture has exploded. You know it makes sense (unless you cant handle it?)
:lol:

Considering I'm neither a "young wanna be", nor a German in speedos, I'd tend to disagree.

I did stay in San An when I was younger though... perhaps you've mixed the two up?! Lots of "veterans" on here... whom I regularly see on the streets of PdB. I also remember quite a few German families in the San An hotel where I stayed in '01 (not that there's anything wrong with German families!)

the spotlight gang tends to be a pro-PDB crowd... as am i :)

.... actually i've only ever stayed in pdb... but glad i did... i like its location for space , bora borato the airport, to ibiza town... and to the rest of the island.

i only sleep in PDB and dance the night away at space... other than that , i'm usually out at one of the many beaches.... PDB is great for stumbling home after space

i vote PDB

I would say PDB but it does have the disadvantage of Bora Bora the most over rated pit on the island :D

San An, as its more diverse, from the busy west end, the family bay, the sunset culture and the variety of restaurants, plus I like the feeling of open space which PDB doesnt have.

PDB IMO is a featureless strip of hotels

PDB as a resort is pretty dire and could be any tacky resort in the Mediterranean and the only reason we often stay there is Space, Bora Bora and Passion shallow as it may be :lol:

I've stayed in San An Bay many many times (Bahia and Palmyra used to be our choice of hotel) but the main reason we stopped saying there was that there was so little for us that side of the island (I don't like West End type bars, I don't like the sunset strip anymore cos imo since about 2000 it's little more than an extension of the West End and is beer boy central and the clubs don't do anything for me over that side) that we used to end up spending about 482375587485 pesatas a day in taxis :rolleyes: :lol:

We normally take a taxi over to that side maybe a couple of times in a holiday for Khumaras, Kasbah, Sa Capella etc but 2 nights is enough for me.

IMO Platja d'en Bossa is hell on earth ;) : it has the worst beach of the island, also you can't get a place in that beach without a) stepping into 91834108934 other people and b) without hearing loud music from the beach bars. The place is exactly the same as most resorts from Tarifa to Portbou, including Benidorm, Mallorca and many other places and it has charme=zero.

Sant Antoni has lots of not too apealing things too, like the claping seals at the sunset strip, the west end (easely to avoid tho), also it's a very english resort (I don't have anything against english), and its charme it's not too much higher than PDB. But beaches are thousand times better than PDB, altho it's not that dificcult

Port Des Torrent for me - just outside San An Bay - prefer the West side of the Island personally

We stayed here, I loved it. I didnt think much of San An to be honest, I remember going up some road where there was a crossroads and it was mostly lager louts and 18-30s type - not my cup of T

i've always stayed in san an, but im definately staying in pdb next year.
san an has grown on me over the years, the west ends alright for a laugh on nights you aren't clubbing, its a far nicer resort than pdb which is really just a big long beach with tonnes of hotels. that said its a great beach!

i spent far too much on taxis (yeah, disco buses are there but when your mangled you just wanna get home sometimes!).

PDB for me from now on!

To amend what I said earlier, PdB is great for Space, Bora Bora, convenience stores, and general location. But another great location is Talamanca.

The shuttle boats to/from Ibiza Town are fast and cheap. The beach is nice and sandy (though there's a bit too much seaweed for my taste), and there's a few decent restaraunts right there. Plus it's a nice morning walk home from Pacha after any nights you might spend there.

Less urban than Figuretas, not tacky like PdB, and more cosmopolitan than San An.

Back