Where Do You Stand?

soulcompromise

Like when you go to the club, where do you go?

I like to be at the back. I always arrive early too. (I know... I'm so square)

But I have my reasons. I don't want to put on a show for everybody, because when you're there early everyone can see you up at the front dancing around lol

I've been that guy before at a rave and I didn't like the way it felt. It gives you adrenaline, but if I'm honest I'm not a great dancer. I'm kinda big. Neah.

Anyway, I was gonna ask the other day for example if I went to Amnesia where would anyone advise me to stand. I think I've sort of ruled Amnesia out of my itinerary though, simply because I think it will always be overcrowded; even though it'll be mid-May when I go (I think they'll be open...).

So, where do you guys stand? ?

At least far enough forward that the people in front of me are dancing rather than looking at their phones. Standing behind people who aren't into the set tends to ruin the vibe for me.

Likewise sometimes I like to be quite close to the front to minimize distractions from the set. My nature is to be a people-watcher, but sometimes that can be a real distraction from getting lost in the music.

When I first began going to parties I always wanted to be close to the DJ enough to make eye contact. Nowadays it's no big deal unless it's way far back. Hard to enjoy that.

I never understood why people wanna look at the dj.......I mean its nice to glance up and see them bopping their head and being into their own set, which transfers energy to the crowd, but its not like watching a band. Now adays everyone is focused on the front up at the dj as if it was axle rose humping his mic stand. Clubbing to me is for socializing and dancing, not staring at the dj.........hes just playing tracks after all. You could teach a blind monkey on LSD to do the same thing.

slightly related to this topic .... going to the kraftwerk gig in ushuaia 13th sep and never attended this venue before !!

where would anyone recommend to posistion ourselves ?? good views of stage but also.... easy access to bar and toilets
(these things are important at our advanced age) :lol: any advice ??

slightly related to this topic .... going to the kraftwerk gig in ushuaia 13th sep and never attended this venue before !!

where would anyone recommend to posistion ourselves ?

That's actually an easy one if the first Cocoon20 gig was anything to go by. Normally I can't stand to be front and centre at Ushuaia. But assuming the crowd will be of similar temperament, then get involved. But also take a look around and explore. Ushuaia is not my favourite venue, but it's still worth looking around. You might find a spot you like.

Different clubs, different places but I usually dance at the front of our group. Other than when it’s just my wife and I because she falls about and needs catching every so often o_O

In Amnesia I like being near the steps on far side of the terrace.

Back