What's the weather like at the moment?

Have to confess to managing a very brief naked dip in the English Channel at the end of last month. Suffice to say I was somewhat less of a man for a time afterwards :lol: ... still it was the most perfect day about 25C so I warmed up fast enough and I was alone in the most beautiful spot. Meant to be good for the circulation I think but I'm not so sure about that - exercising the heart muscles to the point of a near heart attack more like :lol:
The most famous nude beach is Studland Bay (Dorset) and although I've never been, it's said that on good days the sea temperature can be quite Mediterranean - mainly whan the tide comes in late afternoon after a hot day and picks up the heat off the sand. When I was a kid I swam in the sea off the Isle of Wight in July.....but then I didn't know any better!

hope the sea's not too rough off the north coast. my mum's on a catamaran with friends heading south! (they were supposed to be exploring the French coast but just found out they had to turn round and are instead sailing to Mallorca and maybe IBZ!)

Railway station Lausanne

45BD347DAD91472AB80A302C801C792A.jpg

hope the sea's not too rough off the north coast. my mum's on a catamaran with friends heading south! (they were supposed to be exploring the French coast but just found out they had to turn round and are instead sailing to Mallorca and maybe IBZ!)

Sea is OK but about 0.5 - 1m swell in Punta Galera - we still jumped in off the rocks but getting out was let's just say not for someone used to a swimming pool !! The open sea will likely be a little queazy lol.

The most famous nude beach is Studland Bay (Dorset) and although I've never been, it's said that on good days the sea temperature can be quite Mediterranean - mainly whan the tide comes in late afternoon after a hot day and picks up the heat off the sand. When I was a kid I swam in the sea off the Isle of Wight in July.....but then I didn't know any better!

There's an unofficial naturist beach in Devon near me but on tiny hidden beaches you reach on a paddleboard or by kayak there's nobody else to consider ! There are a couple of old colonels who take long swims in July-September and don't seem concerned by the water temps at all. For me it's only very shallow water that's warm enough in those months I just don't like the cold !!!

When I go in the sea (other than Aug/Sept!!) it takes me an age to get to the point where I can fully immerse, and then when swimming back to shore it warms up and feels like a hot bath - the same water that seemed cold when I first paddle in!

But the warmest water around town has to be the shallow Estany de Piex (sp??) the lagoon in Formentera, that gets very warm in June/July but it's a long paddle out to where it's deep enough to swim.

But the warmest water around town has to be the shallow Estany de Piex (sp??) the lagoon in Formentera, that gets very warm in June/July but it's a long paddle out to where it's deep enough to swim.

are you even allowed to swim in there? I always thought this was a nature reserve and thus protected zone!

Back