What's the weather like at the moment?

Still holding out hope for a final swim in Oct. Has cooled down a lot where I am. In long trousers for first time since May.

Still holding out hope for a final swim in Oct. Has cooled down a lot where I am. In long trousers for first time since May.
Really good forecast for my hols next week, plenty of sun and 26c, get those pools and sea warmed up again! Does tend to do that, perk up a bit in October. Won't be wearing the long pants *mossies snigger loudly*.

get those pools and sea warmed up again!
The sea is still very warm, feels about +27C. It's so warm that swimming even on cool mornings and evenings is enjoyable. The downside is jellyfish on beaches on the west side of the island (sucks staying in SanAn with the nearest decent jellyfish-free beach being a half an hour drive away). Use the Ibiza Jellyfish App to stay out of trouble.

Had a quick swim in the little Cove on the way round to the sunset strip Tuesday morning and there was loads of little jelly fish floating about. The water was warm tho. We had some cloud and rain for a bit Monday afternoon while sat in The Golden Buddha but once that cleared it was blue skies and heat for 2 days

Attachments

• ECFD4F04-A221-4C98-9857-222717A66400.jpeg
    ECFD4F04-A221-4C98-9857-222717A66400.jpeg
    411.5 KB · Views: 11
Is this like the app?

Looks like Formentera's clear!

How warm are Ibiza hotels swimming pools? IIRC under normal circumstances the sea now is generally warmer as it retains it's heat, and that the pools become a bit chilly?

I’m usually on the south and east coast which always seems to be less affected by jellyfish but I can say to have seen literally two medusas this summer, one in June and one late July.
Strange as when August came with that heat I thought we were going to be swamped.

big downpour here in sant jordi at 4am this morning and temperature has dropped to 16 degrees C, certainly the the coolest morning since april or may! soon time to get the sweaters out for the evenings and early mornings

big downpour here in sant jordi at 4am this morning and temperature has dropped to 16 degrees C, certainly the the coolest morning since april or may! soon time to get the sweaters out for the evenings and early mornings
I like it.

Back