What's the weather like at the moment?

I read that Mexico just hit 51C... which I think is a new record

if Spanish resorts again reach mid 40s (or even higher?) this summer, I don't know how the authorities will respond... quite scary and it seems to me not enough people taking it seriously

I read that Mexico just hit 51C... which I think is a new record

if Spanish resorts again reach mid 40s (or even higher?) this summer, I don't know how the authorities will respond... quite scary and it seems to me not enough people taking it seriously
Valencia, at 46.8c, holds the current record temp for Spain, August last year. The interesting thing is it's by the sea (ish), I would have imagined a place in the interior would hold that record.

Ibiza's record is 40.7 at the airport.

If the trend continues, watch out for 50c somewhere in Spain; the hottest place on Earth to date is Death Valley (USA) at 56.7, remarkable though that was over 100 years ago and not recent.

I'm waiting for the water temperature to warm up a bit, 18.8 currently, a bit below average!! Still 5 weeks before I arrive thought!

I'm waiting for the water temperature to warm up a bit, 18.8 currently, a bit below average!! Still 5 weeks before I arrive thought!
the sea is really quick chilly at the moment - anything longer than 15 mins and you get properly core-chilled. actually it's wonderful - the island is enjoying a real springtime rather than winter->summer with nothing in between. long may this last!!

the sea is really quick chilly at the moment - anything longer than 15 mins and you get properly core-chilled. actually it's wonderful - the island is enjoying a real springtime rather than winter->summer with nothing in between. long may this last!!
Exactly the weather I was expecting to be, it's wonderful right now 😍

To make up for 8 months of cloud and rain, when us Brits arrive we want 26c+ sea temps, and weather so hot that we fry :cool:

And then moan "it is too hot"...

Last year the first day it hit above 28c was Sat 10 June at 31c, the year before June 5th. If not already, comfortable - if not warm - evening temps should be coming soon!

Any sea temp readings / observations? I land in 10 days!
I'm probably the wrong person to ask as I'm one of those that gets in the sea all year but I think it's fine to be honest even if not that warm as some people like it.
I personally find it perfect to refresh a bit as it could get a bit too hot already on the beach while sunbathing.

21.3 at the moment , you can at around 2 degrees in a protected cala and with the air temperature that are around 25 it’s perfectly fine ! We reached around 29 today at 6pm in San an

Attachments

• IMG_9324.jpeg
    IMG_9324.jpeg
    984.9 KB · Views: 5
21.3 at the moment , you can at around 2 degrees in a protected cala and with the air temperature that are around 25 it’s perfectly fine ! We reached around 29 today at 6pm in San an
Had the aircon on in the car. Was OK then. OK, now Im a little illin. Fu..

Touching 20-21c as I write!

I'm there in just under 4 weeks so looking for sheltered bays to be knocking on 25c.

Back