WHATS HAPPENING TO DANCE MUSIC THESE DAYS????

Ibiza-girlie

I mean: MTV shows NO dancemusic videos and now I read that VIVA is shutting off the dance as well in all dancerelated categories! My god!!! :rolleyes:

No radios play dance and all the clubs here are forced to play what the radios play and everything is getting worse and worse!
is it the same where U are now? and in the UK? :x

What about Ibiza next year is it going to be affected bt this you believe? :eek:

MTV has a mission now : destroy Dance music :!:
even in its only dance music show the "DCF", they interview managers of clubs that play other kinds of music saying that this is the trend now.

its just sad its going in that direction. I mean a few years ago it was completely ok to like any kind of dance, but now its like some kind of musical plague that needs to be destroyed......
there´s R&B shite everywhere and no one takes any chances by playing anything else

The fact i cant get over is that theres almost no House scene in Chicago now, its all R+B type stuff :rolleyes: :evil:

Dance is going underground. Maybe someday it will be back...

But that will not affect Ibiza. The situation was same ten years ago. House in Ibiza did survive that and it will do it again 8)

"Exactly, it going back to underground. Thats a good thing in my eyes"
I agree as long as it remains the main scene in Ibiza

be happy you dont live in the states. mtv plays no dance music here. NYC is seeing a resurgance in clubbing, but people dont go out to dance, they go out to sit in VIP and look pretty. Most places have dancefloors as an afterthought.

I don't think MTV has ever catered for dance music, the last time I watched it with anything decent on it was when Erick sometimes used to host the Dancefloor Chart.

It has always catered for the masses and if there were a few 'dance' records in the charts they'd play them but it's never been particularly cutting edge or alternative.

The dance scene is very much alive and kicking in UK. I've been to Ministry some nights in the last couple of months and never seen it so rammed, The End has always got a massive queue from opening til 4am in the morning when people are still queueing to get in, likewise with Turnmills and Pacha.

And some of the things I've already heard that Promoters are lining up for clubs in the UK for 2004 definitely indicates that dance music and clubbing is still at the forefront for many people. Yeah there's always going to be people that like RnB (I am the proud owner of all Missy Elliot's albums, 50 Cents album, albums by Biggy and Tupac etc) but the world is more than big enough for everyone to have different tastes in music. It would be a sad world if we were all dance music clones or RnB clones or rock music clones.

This 'is this the end for dancemusic' argument has been going on for as long as I can remember and things change and evolve but I think dance music and clubbing is going to be here for a long long time to come.

ED CASE said:
Exactly, it going back to underground. Thats a good thing in my eyes

I agree.

Let's get back to small intimiate venues with dj's who just want to play for fun and not obscene amounts of money.

There's plenty of good dj's and music out there, it just got a bit silly and nearly imploded.

Bring back the underground !

where i live its always been underground.. djs coming out of little hamlets in the 'valley'. this sound is totally unique and i havent heard it anywhere else i've ever been. it sorta follows off the west coast house scene from Vancouver to San Fransisco. thats largely how i found out about house music and it wont ever go mainstream cause the djs that play it arent about that. it doesnt bother me in the slightest that i cant hear it on commercial radio. if you want to listen to dance music there's always the internet. f*** MTV.. you wont ever here quality dance music on there cause $$ from r&b / hiphop drives the business.. which is insurmountable these days.

Face it! You're just getting old like you never thought you would.

With parents appreciating dance, the average teenager has to find something ele to rebal with- ie, that noisy giutar shite racket.

Just coming to terms with the fact that I will soon be seen as old and cliquey, when I thought I was cutting edge cool!

But seriously, dance is being driven further underground? Hoorah for that!!!

yeah I guess I could see it as a good thing IF I LIVED IN THE UK or elsewhere where people HAVE GOOD TASTE IN MUSIC!
But in this musical bin of a country, it just means that I have NOWHERE to go clubbing anymore as they shut down my Wednesday tranceclub, they have shut down my favourite and mind you - ONLY FREAKIN! - Dancerelated radioshow, the afternoon programs for teens only show R&B Shite and NO ONE appreciated anything beyong 120 BPM! And Viva has announced they wont be playing dance anymore either!

The only freaking thing I have left in Radio 1 on Cable or via the internet. IT SUCKS that no one in this godsforsaken country has the gutts to do anything else!

So note I do have reason to worry!

Superstara said:
Dance is going underground. Maybe someday it will be back...

OK the situation in the Netherlands is different. This year the Pop and Rock festivals in the open air where not that populair, but the dance parties like Dance Valley and Mysteryland where sold out weeks before the start!!!

So dance isn't going underground over here it's getting bigger and bigger.

mys2.jpg

fer%20mys.jpg

Ibiza-girlie said:
yeah I guess I could see it as a good thing IF I LIVED IN THE UK or elsewhere where people HAVE GOOD TASTE IN MUSIC!
But in this musical bin of a country, it just means that I have NOWHERE to go clubbing anymore as they shut down my Wednesday tranceclub, they have shut down my favourite and mind you - ONLY FREAKIN! - Dancerelated radioshow, the afternoon programs for teens only show R&B sh*te and NO ONE appreciated anything beyong 120 BPM! And Viva has announced they wont be playing dance anymore either!

The only freaking thing I have left in Radio 1 on Cable or via the internet. IT SUCKS that no one in this godsforsaken country has the gutts to do anything else!

So note I do have reason to worry!

You'll have to emigrate to England then :lol: ;)

OK the situation in the Netherlands is different. This year the Pop and Rock festivals in the open air where not that populair, but the dance parties like Dance Valley and Mysteryland where sold out weeks before the start!!!

So dance isn't going underground over here it's getting bigger and bigger.

i think that is because its in the netherlands.... ;)

if GWBush was president of Netherlands things would probably be different. :lol:

i love these big parties in Holland 8) .. if for some god-awful reason i cant make it to Ibiza next summer i'm definitely getting to one of these events!!

Back