what's everyones favourite live set

S

seanbelfast

Mines would be Jeff Mills @ club omen 94 pure class

Do you mean the best live DJ/artist performance you've ever seen??

Soz, I'm feeling a bit simple this morning :rolleyes: :confused: :oops:

Yes,you don't have to have been there just heard it,another i really like is trix on 3 decks live @cream 94

Andrew Weatherall's essential mix in 1996...but that's not at all what you were asking is it?
It wasn't live....but thought it was worth a mention anyhow. ;)

mine is also from the omen ;-), a sven vaeth cassette from '95 - from german radio HR3 clubnight (sort of their essential mix). really psychadelic and trancey

of course drifting off on a tangent, nothing can ever match

....the goa mix ;-))))))) but that's not live :-(

my current favourite is a groovetech radio set from james zabiela from may 2002 - just the last 74 minutes which i have burnt on a CD - got william orbit's 'coporate entertainment' on it - which is such an epic track

I head oakenfold play at the warehouse in plymouth, just after the goa mix went out and that completely blew me away.

cookie said:
I head oakenfold play at the warehouse in plymouth, just after the goa mix went out and that completely blew me away.

jealous cookie, jealous!

james said:
cookie said:

jealous cookie, jealous!

Me very jealous too :p I'm going to tell TMT that when he gets home, he is not going to be happy with you :p ;)

andre,

zabiela is so good in space now. i've heard him three times this summer, and each time was better than the last. his set at the last sunday in august was the best set i've heard all season - he really knows how to create an atmosphere without just standard 4/4 beats.

best live sets in clubs where i have been: sven väth at the orbit in leeds in february 1996 and my mother of all live sets - sasha and john digweed b2b for 6 hours for home @ space, july 1999. i cried during the last few songs of that set, and i wasn't the only one. it was just before they released the northern exposure expeditions cd, they played loads of songs from that and finished the night with a 20 minute version of a then relatively unknown xpander - god what a night :)

p.s. am looking forward to tyrant this sunday!!

james said:
best live sets in clubs where i have been: sven väth at the orbit in leeds in february 1996 and my mother of all live sets - sasha and john digweed b2b for 6 hours for home @ space, july 1999. i cried during the last few songs of that set, and i wasn't the only one. it was just before they released the northern exposure expeditions cd, they played loads of songs from that and finished the night with a 20 minute version of a then relatively unknown xpander - god what a night :)

Now I'm jealous James!

james, you lucky bastard!!

I wish I saw that set in 1999! Though Sasha's set @ Pacha this year was immense. Not the least because he seemed to have been enjoying himself as much as we all did.

Have fun @ Tyrant. They're on top of my to see list.

BTW, about that Everybody @ Pin Up party you went to last month and thought was dead. Well I got there @ 12:30 and by 2 the place was absolutely rocking! One of the best parties I've ever been to. Stayed until the close. Should have stayed, James!

There are too many to mention :rolleyes:

However, a major highlight of my clubbing career was when Alfredo played at Niche in Sheffield about 8 years ago - I've never seen a crowd in such a trance :eek: - I think its his only gig he's even done in uk :!:

cookie ;-)

BTW, about that Everybody @ Pin Up party you went to last month and thought was dead. Well I got there @ 12:30 and by 2 the place was absolutely rocking! One of the best parties I've ever been to. Stayed until the close. Should have stayed, James!

fool me! i am gutted about that andre - was probably a really intimate vibe as well, cos the disco there is so small with such a low roof. bugger, bugger - as sander k is one my FAVS!

drew - what did alfredo play? housey like he does here? that was the year i first went to space and alfredo was the only dj i heard play there that year - space cowboy, missing, hideaway - great year for music that! sounds like a wicked night. he used to do the closing two hours for manumission too.

DrewUK said:
There are too many to mention :rolleyes:

However, a major highlight of my clubbing career was when Alfredo played at Niche in Sheffield about 8 years ago - I've never seen a crowd in such a trance :eek: - I think its his only gig he's even done in uk :!:

Drew, Alfredo plays in London quite often, he's at the Medicine bar in shoreditch on the 20th, I've never seen him tho so I might try and get to that one.

Back