What the HELL is going on with bora bora?

it has changed a lot but its defo.still fun! especially during the day :)
it has changed though.... did a set in the inside club bit last week & it was kinda weird....:confused:
not as many people as i expected but it was still fun!.....
although i did try 2 rave on the tables during the day a few days ago & the security guys told me to get down & behave myself...??? :lol::lol::lol:

its lost a little vibe but hey, if you dont like it..... go somewhere else.....! ;)

Im in ibiza now, and you can no longer take drinks of any sort on to the beach of bora bora the place is dead no one is about at all. What as happened?

Your in ibiza and your online? Very odd.

Looking forward to bora bora never made it last year as I was to hammered, what should I expect?

Loads of bars, loads of girls? House music/ trance music?

Your in ibiza and your online? Very odd.

Looking forward to bora bora never made it last year as I was to hammered, what should I expect?

Loads of bars, loads of girls? House music/ trance music?
Not so odd... the hotel I've stayed in the past 3 visits has free wifi... used to log in sometimes from my perch on the hotel balcony, beer in hand, when we had downtime back in the room (usually waiting for the missus to get ready!)

Bora Bora DJs play happy beachside house music.

It's got 2 bars, a restaurant area, beach service during the day. Music gets turned up in the late afternoon and people dance in the bar area. Do a google image search and I'm sure you'll find tons of photos.

Not so odd... the hotel I've stayed in the past 3 visits has free wifi... used to log in sometimes from my perch on the hotel balcony, beer in hand, when we had downtime back in the room (usually waiting for the missus to get ready!)

Bora Bora DJs play happy beachside house music.

It's got 2 bars, a restaurant area, beach service during the day. Music gets turned up in the late afternoon and people dance in the bar area. Do a google image search and I'm sure you'll find tons of photos.

Fair enough, its just when I go on holiday the last place I want to be near is a computer seeing as I look at one every day.

Cheers for the info on Bora Bora. I will defo make it there this year, sounds right up my street!!

well im finally back from ibiza. it seems every bar in ibiza as fee wifi these days and as my phone acomes with wifi its silly not to take advantage.

Firstly the holiday was fantastic, didnt do much clubbing this year, not even we love. :eek:Spent alot of time wondering around the island site seeing etc. We also attempted to walk from PDB beach all the way to dalt villa, never again.lol i nearly died! The one place i do like to go and party is bora bora as you have probably gathered, when we arrived on the 26 june everything was as normall until half way through the holiday, then they put silly ropes around the beach and stoped you bringing any of your own beer whether it be day or night. This really annoyed alot of people especially as they were charging 10euro a bed. Then within two days after that i saw all the security go into the back room come out 10 minutes later and turn the speakers from the beach and face them into bora bora,(you cant hear music on the beach now at all, no matter what time of day), they have been that way ever since. I asked one of the resident djs what was going on, he just told me 'we are getting major stress'. So basically bora bora is no longer a beach bar where you can dance on the beach(you cant really hear the music within the blue fence either unless you go inside), its just a bar selling extortionate drinks on the beach and playing music inside, its basically now just like space exept you dont have to pay in. It really as lost all spirit.:(:(

Still goto ibiza have a fantastic time and i may see you in september.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at Bora Bora just over a week ago from around 4.30 til 9pm. It was my first time there and I did enjoy it. However the police presence was way over the top. They were constantly walking through the crowd keeping an eye on everyone and destroying the atmosphere. We saw some guy who was off his head being dragged into a private room by a policeman who had a very tight grip of his neck!!!
Even when my boyfriend was rolling a cigarette a policeman came over and grabbed his hand, crumbing the cigarette, examining it and then giving it back to him when he was sure it wasn't a joint.
In this situation I did understand where he was coming from but the aggressive attitude wasn't necessary.
Although I did enoy myself, we didn't go back for the rest of the holiday and I wouldn't be that pushed to go back there again, mainly due to the police presence.

I never really hit Bora Bora at night. Just love being there during the day with the decibels rising, drinks flowing and trees blazing.

I haven't been out yet, but I'm kinda concerned... everyone seems to be saying that they have had different experiences, so I suppose you just have to make the most of it.

J

I
Even when my boyfriend was rolling a cigarette a policeman came over and grabbed his hand, crumbing the cigarette, examining it and then giving it back to him when he was sure it wasn't a joint.
did this really happen???
pfffffffff...:rolleyes:

Dancemaster, wait to you go there you see this happen every 10 minutes or so. The security presence is so OTT its untrue. The amount of people i saw dragged into that back room, if you as much as stand funny by security your dragged out.

well that's the plan...i'll turn up the first day if i see any of this i'm never going back...
is there such police presence to the rest of the beaches in Ibiza or just in front of Bora Bora?
i mean going to Nassau or Delano is it possible that the same things happen there too???

So what are we actually taling about here?

If I buy a drink in at the bar I can't drink it on the beach? At any time of the day or just at night?

What If I bring my own drink from my apartment onto the beach? Or if I buy a few beers in the shop and bring them onto the beach? Am I allowed to drink them on the beach?

This is all very confusing...

J

I think people are saying its if you take your own drink like from the supermarket etc you get in trouble. I think your ok if you buy drinks there...well thats what I have made from this thread anyway......

let me clarify, this is only for drinks you buy from the supermarket, you can still takes drinks bought from bora bora onto the beach(before the blue fench goes up at 8, or just after). However you cant hear music now because the speakers are faced inwards, you may hear some bass as you would if you were waiting in the que of your local club.

Dancemaster: the main police/security presence is for bora bora only i havent saw it anywhere else like that. From mid afternoon there is a plain clothed security guy, then come 4:30pm-5pm theres like 6-7 of the guys, some in uniform some not.

Back