What sort of music do they play at Manumission?

Sparkle

I was just wondering if anybody could tell me what type of music they play at Manumission on a Monday. I would really like to go this year as I missed it last year and I would like to go at least once just for the show. I have heard reports though that the musics absolutely terrible, and theres no atmosphere. If this is the case I wont bother. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

It differs all the time, they always have a wide range of dj’s playing. It’s just pot luck if you go on a night when someone decent is playing. That’s one of the main bad things about Manumission, they rarely announce the line up before the night.

Quality music always in the poco loco bar with colin peters,smokin jo and guests always quality funky house.In the main room alfredo and his son will play a baleric house set from about 5 till 8 in the morning and other residents include griff (trancey)..dave seaman plays prog..with a bit of deep house plus guest like fatboy slim etc in the main room unannounced every week i always have a quality night in this place

seanbelfast said:
Quality music always in the poco loco bar with colin peters,smokin jo and guests always quality funky house.

I love that bar, it always goes right off.

The main room, the music gets tailored to teh show. It's normally pretty good with both current and classic tunes. The Coco Loco bar is bang up to date funky house and you will hear all the current big tunes in there.

seanbelfast said:
Quality music always in the poco loco bar with colin peters

here is colin peters in the coco loco!! :p

2001_09_11-08_57_05.jpg

Sorry but i've gotta say this. I think Manumission is absolute quality. People don't like it cause they feel threatened in there, surounded by freaks, including 90's acid refugees like me. They need to get their head round it and they find they can't - What DJ's playing? What time does he finish? etc. If you're that bothered, f*ck off to Cream. I f*cking love it in there, the music is balearic and there's beautiful people (especially women) everywhere. Clubbing for me is about escapism and Manumission, it seems to me, is about the same thing. We'll never have a better time than now in our lives which is important and should be f*cking acknowledged. Manumission does that for me. I'm English with a city job and i get to meet people of all backgrounds from all over Europe who think the same as me which is something i would never otherwise experience. I met some good people in there back in June and i'm lookng forward to doing the same next week. Stop moaning about the music, as people tend to do on here. It ain't just about that, it's about the vibe, freedom, something that started in the late 80's and is still going strong. I really do live for this sh*t. If you have to moan about something as we all know from some idiots need to do, moan about the lack of life you have to enjoy yourself on this planet, which is f*ck all by the way when you look at things in perspective. Just have a good f*cking time cause before you know it you'll be dead. Enjoy life, it's what i do cause at the end of the day there is nothing else.

See ya there 22/9!

You've not mentioned the backroom, but as it's located at a hidden place I suppose many people didn't even see it. You can get into it from the back corner of the Coco Loco room or from one edge of the stage in the main room.

They play (at least they did when I was there last Manumission) electro and minimal techno. It worth a visit. It's not a beautiful room, looks like discos of the 70s, but I loved the music. There's a spiral staircase and a floor above but it was shut.

TigerVlc said:
You've not mentioned the backroom, but as it's located at a hidden place I suppose many people didn't even see it. You can get into it from the back corner of the Coco Loco room or from one edge of the stage in the main room.

They play (at least they did when I was there last Manumission) electro and minimal techno. It worth a visit. It's not a beautiful room, looks like discos of the 70s, but I loved the music. There's a spiral staircase and a floor above but it was shut.

The music box i think it is

Windigo said:
People don't like it cause they feel threatened in there, surounded by freaks, including 90's acid refugees like me. They need to get their head round it and they find they can't - What DJ's playing? What time does he finish? etc. If you're that bothered, f*ck off to Cream. I f*cking love it in there, the music is balearic and there's beautiful people (especially women) everywhere. Clubbing for me is about escapism and Manumission, it seems to me, is about the same thing

Yes, I agree with you in some respects, I have to admit, when I go there I really let myself go...and although I couldnt do that night repeatedly on one holiday, I like it for one night to really lose it. I agree that clubbing is about escapism, and I really do get a sense of that when I go there... but I also think that its about more than that, and things like "what DJ's on" really do come into it...Im not just gonna keep going to some club if the music (IMO) is gonna b sh*t

See U there 22/09 Windigo .. I was dying to go if only for the experience but various posts lately had me thinkin twice - but no more .. 1 wk to go before lift off :D

Rach, I was a bit trolly'd when I wrote that post but i stand by most of it. What I mean is, who really worries that much about what DJ is on when they're actually out? Come on, I've been clubbing for 10 years and when I'm out I find I couldn't really give a shit as long as i'm hearing house music. It's for before you're going to build it up and get excited about really when you think about it. But I'm willing to admit there are exceptions to the rule occasionally like Steve Lawler. I'd go and see him cause he's the b*llocks.

So don't get me wrong, I don't like commercial shite.

Oh yeah and Buns? Cool, see you there.

Windigo said:
I find I couldn't really give a shit as long as i'm hearing house music

Good :D Same here to b honest...I was referring to DJs that play completely different music genres (like trance, etc)..I couldnt handle a night of Tiesto or some other trance DJ...it would do my head in...but if I knew that a house DJ was on that plays my kind of house music then Im happy :D

i agree with windigo everytime ive gone to manumission ive had one of the best nites of my life,ive heard some great music and met some great people,some people think that the shows they put on distracts from the music,who cares what they think ,its all part of the experience.

my list to do 2004

MANUMISSION
CREAM
EUPHORIA
LASHED
SPACE ON THURSDAY (UNDERWATER)
SECRET GARDEN
DC10
KM5
UNDERGROUND

ES PARADISE (JUST CAUSE ITS SUCH A BEAUTIFULL CLUB)

It was trance last year at the manumissuion closing party when I was there although they played billy jean and sweet dreams and another few oldies, it was a great nite.Leavin this fri for a week will be at Manumission closing cos some of my crowd havent been and want to see what its all about. :eek:

Back