What sort of music do they play at Manumission?

Right, I went to Mish closing and it absolutely p*ssed down. And I mean like biblical proportions. Was anyone else there? In the middle of Fatboy Slims set there was this huge bang and all the lights went out! Was having a good night but it sort of went tits up from then on. Puddles were forming on the dancefloor and when they finally got the music system back to the proper level it exploded again! It was pretty funny, but seeing as I paid 25 euros to get in and it was the last one, I was a bit gutted to be honest. The Space carry on was excellent though, I thought the music inside was superb this year. Just can't get enough of that funky techno.

And yeah, it's better than Pacha.

When i was there in September they played, new order-blue monday, Nirvana-smells like teen spirit, Eurithmics, Justin Timberlake, and the list goes on!!!!! :confused:

ruth said:
When i was there in September they played, new order-blue monday, Nirvana-smells like teen spirit, Eurithmics, Justin Timberlake, and the list goes on!!!!! :confused:

Were you in Privilege on September 8th? When I was that day in the backroom they played a remix of Smells Like Teen Spirit and they suddenly changed to the original song! Grunge has nothing to do with electronic music, but it wasn't bad I admit it.

No it was September 15th. Sounds like they did the same thing though cos they went to the original half way through too, i like how they mix up oldies now and again but i don't think this one quite went!

My opinion about Privilege (Manumission) can't be bad. I know the sound system is not as good as in other venues, but I always found in it a magic and a vibe that I never found in places like Pacha.

All the times I've been to Manumission we use to search for a place to dance, then after a while, we go to another, and so on, and you almost feel like you're in different venues, even going at different places or levels of the main room. Then you can go to the dome to chill out a bit, or roam for a while through the garden... I love that feeling. I mean when I've done Manumission music hasn't been the only thing I was searching for (even though the sound system at Coco Loco is pretty good). For me it's a magical place. It's just different than when I go to Amnesia or to Space. And I like them all.

Yeah Robo, we got wristbands from those Spanish dudes outside Murphys bar in Playa D'en Bossa. It was about 2am though. Bit of a touch really as I paid 48 euros on the door back in July. I weren't gonna get caught like that again.

i agree with the thing about privelege, it seems like you are in several different venues and parties at the same time - fantastic!

Music was good this year at closing party old tunes mostly near the end.I just remember sitting near these stairs looking across to a small bar, and getting soaked with the pelting rain outside.It was excellent I felt like I was sitting outside but was still in the club. :eek:

Back