What exactly is going on with Gatecrasher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been @crasher event 2 weeks ago. I got my tickets from spotlight and i know that half of the line up pulled up. While me and my fience walking to the gatecrasher, one promoter come and show me a old flyer ( 8 dj ) and said that did you see the Line up?
They using the name of djs which will not get act and trying to cheating people.

I have been @crasher event 2 weeks ago. I got my tickets from spotlight and i know that half of the line up pulled up. While me and my fience walking to the gatecrasher, one promoter come and show me a old flyer ( 8 dj ) and said that did you see the Line up?
They using the name of djs which will not get act and trying to cheating people.

Personally i think its a shame about GC , after all the hype etc, i had a decent night there when danny avila was there and think the club looks alot better than previous, but the GC brand messing around certain brands and nights around to the extent where they are pulling out? Wow! Has this ever happened anywhere else on the island at any other club? How can they still get away with being open now with literally no decent nights on? Surely just pull the plug and save the hassle?

Personally i think its a shame about GC , after all the hype etc, i had a decent night there when danny avila was there and think the club looks alot better than previous, but the GC brand messing around certain brands and nights around to the extent where they are pulling out? Wow! Has this ever happened anywhere else on the island at any other club? How can they still get away with being open now with literally no decent nights on? Surely just pull the plug and save the hassle?

They will do, that's coming by the end of August I reckon. I don't think they'll last the season. With the amount of promoters who have pulled out (and big ones with big names too), I can't see them getting in replacements. The brand hasn't been the same since Republic (Gatecrasher One) burnt down in Sheffield. But it's known that the brand are pretty shoddy with paying up. They were in five million pounds of debt after all last summer, before they liquidated the old company.

They will do, that's coming by the end of August I reckon. I don't think they'll last the season. With the amount of promoters who have pulled out (and big ones with big names too), I can't see them getting in replacements. The brand hasn't been the same since Republic (Gatecrasher One) burnt down in Sheffield. But it's known that the brand are pretty shoddy with paying up. They were in five million pounds of debt after all last summer, before they liquidated the old company.

Jeez!! Never realised how badly run it was tbh, i guess you just see the name andd the brand and expect nothing but good things to come of it, so with GC clearly going to close and Eden having big news, will the previous owners re-open as Eden as a last hurrah at the close of the seaon or more likely for next season?

Gatecrasher are only leasing the club from the current Dutch owners, they don't own it outright. It's on a three year deal I believe @stivi should be able to clarify that, but I believe it to be correct.

Simon Raine ran the brand into the ground. The Gatecrasher brand last year was at £3.5 million in debt to Barclays and HMRC (£3 million and £500k respectively) and Gatecrasher Birmingham was a further £2 million in debt, to contractors, banks, etc. I don't know about the other three venues they own (Bed Leeds, Bed Watford, Gatecrasher Nottingham).

Club Debt: http://www.birminghampost.co.uk/bus...ecrasher-creditors-nothing-despite-2m-6754996
Group Debt: http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/...-nightclubs-undergoes-pre-pack-administration

I think we'll see it come back as Eden. I wonder if the dutch owners will try again with another big promoter taking it over. Maybe someone with a better reputation. Someone mentioned Fabric, which would be a good idea. Or Ministry of Sound.

Gatecrasher are only leasing the club from the current Dutch owners, they don't own it outright. It's on a three year deal I believe @stivi should be able to clarify that, but I believe it to be correct.

Simon Raine ran the brand into the ground. The Gatecrasher brand last year was at £3.5 million in debt to Barclays and HMRC (£3 million and £500k respectively) and Gatecrasher Birmingham was a further £2 million in debt, to contractors, banks, etc. I don't know about the other three venues they own (Bed Leeds, Bed Watford, Gatecrasher Nottingham).

Club Debt: http://www.birminghampost.co.uk/bus...ecrasher-creditors-nothing-despite-2m-6754996
Group Debt: http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/...-nightclubs-undergoes-pre-pack-administration

I think we'll see it come back as Eden. I wonder if the dutch owners will try again with another big promoter taking it over. Maybe someone with a better reputation. Someone mentioned Fabric, which would be a good idea. Or Ministry of Sound.

Yeah would be good to see the likes of fabric on the island, you never know the owners might just turn it back to the "eden" we all know? Should be interesting to see anyway!

That's good news about Eden only being leased. Even if it is on a 3 year contract, they'll have a get out clause (surely to god) because GC made such a mess of it.

You do have to wonder why the owners of Eden let a brand in such a financial mess take over their club? I mean, run a basic credit check, do a Google search even!

Eden was a handy spot for people staying in San An and not planning on travelling for the night. Cheap entry and had some decent nights (Toolroom Knights, Ministry of Sound, Full on Ferry).

I would imagine the Lessee would be Gatecrasher Ibiza, and not the parent company, so Gatecrasher Ibiza can go in to liquidation without any risk to the parent company.

The owners will be massively out of pocket but that's life when it comes to commercial property rental.

San An deserves a decent club, with quality music, shame it hasn't taken off.

Regarding Gatecrasher, In 2008 i went to Gatecrasher Summer Soundsystem (they're attempt at a Global Gathering style festival) It was a shambles, two people died, the main stage was rained off and the site turned into a swamp. They didn't do another

Last edited:
I think it being a Ministry of sound club would work very well, MOS had a night there about 10 years ago that was a cheesey style night, think it was called Big Wednesdays or something and that seemed to do well, they could also pull in some decent names...

Wonderland at Eden was also a good event a few years back, shame it only lasted a couple of seasons

I think it being a Ministry of sound club would work very well, MOS had a night there about 10 years ago that was a cheesey style night, think it was called Big Wednesdays or something and that seemed to do well, they could also pull in some decent names...

Wonderland at Eden was also a good event a few years back, shame it only lasted a couple of seasons

My thoughts with somewhere like MoS, is the variety of nights they can put on.
The Gallery out in Ibiza, for example, would be awesome. Or take their student night, an RnB & Grime style night, called Milkshake, that'd probably work alright as well.
Then you have their Saturdays, which is always pretty diverse. Could build a few nights from those lineups.

Regarding Gatecrasher, In 2008 i went to Gatecrasher Summer Soundsystem (they're attempt at a Global Gathering style festival) It was a shambles, two people died, the main stage was rained off and the site turned into a swamp. They didn't do another

The original ones were around before GG and the lineups were ridiculously good. All before it went down hill though.

The original ones were around before GG and the lineups were ridiculously good. All before it went down hill though.
That's what got us so pumped to go to the 2008 one (bear in mind we had to fly to Birmingham then get a long taxi ride to the site) Was so disappointed..

Eden was never really a serious club though. Which is why the prestigious names swerve it. The whole Fabric brand for instance would collapse if they moved in. If you consider why Fabric survived early 2000s when Home and the rest died, it's precisely because they stayed leftfield and told the Tongs and Oakenfolds to do one and put on talented unknowns thus building a loyal crowd. Any Fabric franchise would be a commercial disaster. There just aren't enough Techno fans in San An to make it viable

Eden was never really a serious club though. Which is why the prestigious names swerve it. The whole Fabric brand for instance would collapse if they moved in. If you consider why Fabric survived early 2000s when Home and the rest died, it's precisely because they stayed leftfield and told the Tongs and Oakenfolds to do one and put on talented unknowns thus building a loyal crowd. Any Fabric franchise would be a commercial disaster. There just aren't enough Techno fans in San An to make it viable

But would that change though, with someone like Fabric stepping in? Maybe more people would stay in San An?

It ain't gonna happen. Nobody's going to take the gamble and the more niche you are, the harder it is. Especially in a resort not synoymous with clubbing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back