What do you always buy for going to Ibiza

I've never actually tried raveaid before but heard mixed reviews. Might have to give it a bash at some point!

I was dubious to begin with (it was recommended by another fellow spotlighter a couple of years back) but as long as you remember to take the supplements as recommended (i.e. 2 days before 'the rave' etc) the difference is massive! I don't get the night terrors, ulcers in jaw from excessive chewing, controls the flinching next day, sleep is much better even if with less hours!!! Give it a go :D

I was dubious to begin with (it was recommended by another fellow spotlighter a couple of years back) but as long as you remember to take the supplements as recommended (i.e. 2 days before 'the rave' etc) the difference is massive! I don't get the night terrors, ulcers in jaw from excessive chewing, controls the flinching next day, sleep is much better even if with less hours!!! Give it a go :D

Magnesium supplements work wonders with preventing excessive chewing/jaw clenching.

5-HTP has been doing the business for me for the past few seasons. I can't recommend the stuff enough!

Got some of these (in part) due to recommendations on this forum. Perhaps you guys can recommend dosage and times:
Should I take first one prior to going out/taking MD? Or once back at hotel? And another after waking-up? Then repeat?
Should I carry on taking once I've returned home to UK?

Thanks in advance.

Got some of these (in part) due to recommendations on this forum. Perhaps you guys can recommend dosage and times:
Should I take first one prior to going out/taking MD? Or once back at hotel? And another after waking-up? Then repeat?
Should I carry on taking once I've returned home to UK?

Thanks in advance.

I've been going in blind personally - my routine was to take one every time I came home from the club before sleeping and again in the morning. However others have said not to take unless your not redosing on MD again for 24 hours which is impossible at any time for me in Ibiza..... so similarly I would like any advice anyone has to offer, as there seems to be conflicting information everywhere I read.

I just bought some 200mg strength on our return and just took one a day two hours before bed ... have really helped my mood and general sleep / recovery but I don't think you a supposed to take them directly before more pills ... so perhaps save it for when you leave Ibiza

One of my top purchases has to be a decent pair of earplugs.

They cut out the high frequencies that pierce your ear and the music sounds clearer/better.

You can also stand near the speakers if you want to feel the bass

I just bought some 200mg strength on our return and just took one a day two hours before bed ... have really helped my mood and general sleep / recovery but I don't think you a supposed to take them directly before more pills ... so perhaps save it for when you leave Ibiza

Yes, that seems to be the common recommendation -- to not take 5-HTP right before (or during) because doing so can possibly cause dangerous serotonin problems, but to take it on the day after you're done and for several more days after that.

They cut out the high frequencies that pierce your ear and the music sounds clearer/better.

Not to mention they may spare your hearing in the long run. I didn't wear them for a long time until some festival friends recommended V-MODA Faders. They're the first ones I've tried that left the sound clear enough that I don't mind wearing them.

I also bring a supply of the foam ones for sleeping. Those, plus a good eye-mask and some over-the-counter Benedryl (Acrivastine in the U.K., I think?) and I can usually get a decent seven hours of sleep after a proper night out (and with little in the way of side effects).

5htp

Personally not used in-between consecutive nights on the magic as it is pointless in my opinion

What you have to understand is when your serotonin is being depleted like it is and your brain is all out of tune... Your receptors will start to down regulate as it try's to create a balance.

So doing 5htp in between shifts isn't really going to do anything if you are smashing the biscuits as with all that serotonin flowing the receptors are not going to be 'catching/absorbing' it

That is why after about the 3rd day you don't get that buzz anymore just energy

Once I am on a break I take 120mg which is two tabs a night before bed along with 3x Omega 3 tabs and I will run this for about two weeks before reducing the 5htp down to 1 tab
I will also consume a significant amount of fruit and veg the next day or so to replace electrolytes and micronutrients as well as a couple of BCAA drinks

what i have found now that If I go on one or two nights I do not have a comedown what so ever.

This is what I have learnt through experience and what I have read and it works for me

Side note - get 5htp from a reputable outlet like Holland & Barrett. Supplements are not regulated so ordering online you could be getting very small amounts of 5htp if at all anything in the product. Same goes for Protein products etc

Not to mention they may spare your hearing in the long run. I didn't wear them for a long time until some festival friends recommended V-MODA Faders. They're the first ones I've tried that left the sound clear enough that I don't mind wearing them.

I also bring a supply of the foam ones for sleeping. Those, plus a good eye-mask and some over-the-counter Benedryl (Acrivastine in the U.K., I think?) and I can usually get a decent seven hours of sleep after a proper night out (and with little in the way of side effects).
Just ordered a pair of these. £20 from Amazon. I don't suffer with tinnitus but after a night at Amnesia last year i seem to remember my drums still ringing a good day later. A small price to pay to keep them safe. . .thanks for posting

You can also stand near the speakers if you want to feel the bass
Yes, earplugs for me but not to block out the loud music - I don't do those places (!) but to get a good nights sleep in the hotel.

My usual buys are a load of cheap t-shirts which I can leave behind (unwashed, of course!!) in the bin if I buy any decent t-shirts and stuff there and bring home. Looking for a San Francesc(o) t-shirt or even SC Formentera's away shirt if I can find/afford it!

Back