What cities do you consider not to miss in the clubbin scene

PachaGirl79 said:
Deep Dish GU Moscow = one of my faves.

what is the weather like there? I picture cold, snowy and yucky a lot of the time, pardon my ignorance if that is not true
Winter is not pretty, but the clubs are usually at their hottest in autumn and spring (though Feb-March is a good time too). January and August can be a bit slow because everyone goes on vacation... the Russians usually through some great parties abroad in places like Courchevel (sp?) during that time though :lol: Summer in Moscow is really nice.

Just can't get excited about clubbing in Moscow! Couldn't imagine it as fun: have been there, unlikely to return! The police there make the Guardia Civil seem like humanitarian angels! So corrupt! There's no natural feel or positive vibes in that city! Saint Petersburg is marginally, and only marginally, better. But not ready to board a plane to go back to either place soon.
I do understand, however, that Tallinn in Estonia is the place to be for serious clubbing in Eastern Europe.
But get your buns down to South America, weather is perfect, people are fine and life is fairly cheap!

Clubbing in Moscow is wicked, nice friendly crowd, great DJs, and the most beautiful women on the planet.

Only criticism I'd have is that the punters don't seem to do much dancing! Visited JetSet and Opium in St. Petersburg and Propoganda and Antiglamour party in Moscow and had a great time everywhere, but did notice that people don't seem to lose it on the dancefloor the same way brits and spanish do..

Tycoon said:
The police there make the Guardia Civil seem like humanitarian angels!
They've stopped checking passports on the street, so it's a lot better. Anyway, when you're in the clubs all that doesn't matter..

Tycoon said:
I do understand, however, that Tallinn in Estonia is the place to be for serious clubbing in Eastern Europe.
I've heard it's good but quiet in comparison to Riga, which rocks.

Mark Sun said:
Propoganda and Antiglamour party in Moscow and had a great time everywhere, but did notice that people don't seem to lose it on the dancefloor the same way brits and spanish do..
I was at the Antiglamour party! Met Leeroy from Prodigy backstage. That was a one-off in a strange venue (for effect. an old factory cafeteria!)

Propaganda can get packed and wild on a Thursday... still one of my favorites.

To see people going wild (and not posturing), go to places like Fabrique, Gaudi, Mix, or seedier places like Zona or Phlegmatic Dog. People dance at th higher-class clubs (First, Leto, XIII) too but they do like to be seen :lol:

Morbyd said:
I was at the Antiglamour party! Met Leeroy from Prodigy backstage. That was a one-off in a strange venue (for effect. an old factory cafeteria!)

Propaganda can get packed and wild on a Thursday... still one of my favorites.

To see people going wild (and not posturing), go to places like Fabrique, Gaudi, Mix, or seedier places like Zona or Phlegmatic Dog. People dance at th higher-class clubs (First, Leto, XIII) too but they do like to be seen :lol:

Don't get me wrong, was awesome clubbing, but people seemed to shy to dance which was a bit wierd to me.. Actually Opium in SPB was the worst for that.. JetSet was pretty good, but then again Jo Mills was playing so how could you not dance?? ;)

I met Leeroy that night too - maybe you were standing next to him at the time :lol:

Mark Sun said:
I met Leeroy that night too - maybe you were standing next to him at the time :lol:
If it was a black guy, probably :lol: I think I was the only other one!

Naw... people aren't shy at all. They can actually dance pretty wild here... there are some moves that are funny as hell to imitate :lol:

Forgot to mention club Slava. People there shake it hard. :twisted:

Re: How could any one forget BA?

Tycoon said:
BUENOS AIRES - hands down best clubbing city in the world, universe, galaxy and of course, the best in Argentina!
Creamfields BA in Nov 05! I'll be there!
This is where it's at.

Pacha Buenos Aires is one of the best clubbing experiences I've ever had! And then the after party at Kaix, amazing!

Conrado said:
Pacha Buenos Aires is one of the best clubbing experiences I've ever had! And then the after party at Kaix, amazing!
What's good in Brazil? Rio? Sao Paolo?

Morbyd said:
Conrado said:
What's good in Brazil? Rio? Sao Paolo?

São Paulo, of course. Rio is only good for the Summer, especially New Year's Eve and Carnaval. But clubbing in Brazil is not one of our best features...

But the Buenos Aires crowd is just like a small Ibiza. Punta del Este, Uruguay, is very good in January too.

Esta louco, meu irmao? Brazil clubbing not good? Rio is of course a major disappointment but that is because the party is on the beach during the day - people are too tired to go to a club at night! But I do like '00' and SkyLounge.
However, Sao Paulo! What a city! Good clubs and relatively cheap - but still no comparison to BA and Punta del Este in the summer.
On the other hand, you can give me Trancoso in the summer, the parties with great DJs on the beach, no cops to bother or harrass you, the most beautiful (after Argentina of course) and nice women in the world, spending lazy nights in a restaurant or bar in the Quadrado - barefoot - and lazy days at beach bars with killer music like Tostex (the Sa Trinxa of Trancoso).
Funny, how I seem to run into people I partied with in December, January on the beach in Brazil or in BA in Ibiza in the summer!
The two greatest clubbing/music experiences I have ever had were 1) seeing the sunrise over the Rio de la Plata from the Terrace of Pacha Buenos Aires and 2) seeing the first sunrise of 2005 over the Atlantic dancing to an amazing set barefoot on the beach in Trancoso - everyone dressed in white. LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL!

I told you: during the summer, especially Carnaval and New Year's Eve, there's good clubbing events. But if I say "clubbing in Brazil is great", then I'd have to name a good club you could go to, where you can listen to good DJ's and where there's a good crowd. There aren't such clubs in Rio.

Of course, Trancoso for NYE is amazing, as well as Morro de São Paulo Island (8 days rave for NYE), or Porto de Galinhas, Rio during Carnaval, etc. But other major cities in the world like NY, London, Berlin, do have excellent clubbing scene all year long.

If you come to Rio for NYE, you'll see 2,5 million people on the beach of Copacabana, all dressing white, 20 minutes firework, orchestra playing and the best parties happening in clubs until morning comes, and it's summer!

PS: I might be a little frustrated because I went clubbing this weekend and both parties (friday and saturday) sucked.

Peppermint said:
DanishDynamite said:
Stockholm

Wot, really? I thought the rave police and the zero tolerance pretty much killed the scene in Stockholm?

"the rave police" are indeed working against us, but i do think that we have a great scene anyway, especially since stockholm is quite a small town. for instance, this sunday, both miguel migs and hernan cattaneo are playing (on two different venues of course.) on a sunday!

there are a lot of different promoters/clubs, but there are two that bring more foreign djs and throwing good parties than the other on a regularly basis;

cocktail club - http://www.grodan.se/cocktailclub (click on "the djs" to see some of djs we have had here). i work with this so it is of course my all time favourite! ;)

and

monday bar - http://www.mondaybar.com - mostly trance, prog etc

fokused are also throwing great parties.

mitch&lydia said:
MONTREAL FOR SURE @ ONE OF OUR AFTERHOURS CLUBS WE HAVE DAVID MORALES , SANDER KLEINENBERG , VICTOR CALDERONE AND SATOSHI TOMEII AS RESIDENTS . SANCHEZ WAS THERE A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO .

I dissagree. I lived there for 8 years before I left this January. The scene is not bad but far from what people make it out to be.

Barcelona, Valencia, London, Budapest

But NEVER Brighton - always had a bad time with surly bouncers and s**t clubs that close early i.e. before 7am

Back