What beaches are MUST visits?

I don't 'get' paddleboards. Just seems like a lot of work but I've noticed they're very popular on the costa brava this summer

top tip for kayaks - always get a solo one. never share with your other half. it ends in arguments..

I love paddleboards they're great gentle exercise, good for your core. If it's even a bit choppy though a kayak is much easier and more versatile. 100% with you on the single vs double. Never seen a couple "bond" positively in a kayak :lol:

Going to jump in on this one as I’m after a recommendation for a beach to chill out on. Ideally, it would have....

- Bus to/from San An
- Beds/brollys to hire (that aren’t extortionate as I only need the one)
- Decent bar/cafe close by
- Potentially some music, but more backgroundy rather than a full on rave
- A plethora of beautiful women to sneakily have a look at from behind my sunglasses

Suggestions Team Spotlight? x

Hey guys,
Is Cala Salada still doing that thing where you can't park there and have to take a bus to get there?

Can someone please recommend:

Best beach/spot for a sunrise
Best beach/spot for a sunset

Staying in San an but don't mind how far away it is as planning on hiring a car. Also don't mind if there is a long walk from the car park...

Staying in San an but don't mind how far away it is as planning on hiring a car. Also don't mind if there is a long walk from the car park...
You are at the right place for sunset (San An). For sunrise, most people will tell you to go at the east-end of the island I guess (place I never went cause I never rent a car).

For me, best sunset remains walking from Hï to Figueretas (by the beach), from 7 am to 8 am or even later. The sea is most of the time calm like an early lake and the rising sun, du to lack of waves, makes the water looks golden. It's so quiet, there is nearly no noise at all and the time seems frozen (we felt a rare moment when you feel you can touch present).

Most people we meet are morning joggers..., it's always fun to exchange a smile that says it all...

The North is the answer.

The beaches we found more beautiful were Ses Illets in Formentera and Cala d'Hort in Ibiza. Both of them were magical. Cala Comte and Cala Tarida were also very good.

The only one I would have avoided was Cala Vadella, because it was packed with naked kids running and splashing and peeing everywhere...

If I may chip in here, asking for a recommendation.

Criteria:
- Decent parking (so not Salada, I guess)
- Decent infrastructure (showers, restaurants or at least a kiosk)
- Loungers with towels and parasols for rent
- Not sardine-can crowded, no chavs/loud music

Location doesn't matter, I have a vehicle.

If I may chip in here, asking for a recommendation.

Criteria:
- Decent parking (so not Salada, I guess)
- Decent infrastructure (showers, restaurants or at least a kiosk)
- Loungers with towels and parasols for rent
- Not sardine-can crowded, no chavs/loud music

Location doesn't matter, I have a vehicle.

cala tarida might be an idea. only thing you might have to bring yourself is a towel.

Back