What Are You Listening To Right Now??

This song has my immediate attention.

When I realize who I am, my persona, my Qi, and my spirit, rebirth, formative aspirations, and leaders, and guidance,

I realize how founded in falsehood so much of that which I hold near to me is... But I know too that honesty in my persona serves to preserve something necessary in society. And when I fight, and cry, and spit, and bleed, this is the point to which I return (because this song isn't brand new, unlike all the epic and timeless techno released this year which continues to define my collective understanding of life in the society and social norms and values characterizing my environs...) and this helps me still to understand something that is a permanent feature of my existence.

It is powerful and moving, and I highly recommend it, and as the tears try to stream out of the corners of my eyes for the twentieth time in as many hours, I remember something else...

It is Independence Day here. It is emotional for me. We were of an age (I didn't serve in the military) who were sent off to war, reformed and repurposed as GIs... we saw cities burn to defend something we were young enough not to fully understand, and we saw friends die beside us, and had no possible way to understand that the friend beside us was suddenly inert... and gone.

Forever they are gone, and never forgotten. We adorn their grave with tears and memories; the flowers in contrast to the reality. This is how we cope.

I hate the fact that America has become a cliche and somehow synonymous with a jingoistic unfeeling disregard for sovereign tradition and the cultural and social norms of other places. We must preserve that!

But my country isn't all bad... Yesterday, I remembered Gettysburg; not the town in Pennsylvania (I've never been east of Saint Louis, though I love my country) and the Gettysburg address, and President Lincoln, who from my primary education was a central figure; or at least one of the prominent memories.

Lincoln wrote this and read it in 1863:
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Abraham Lincoln
November 19, 1863

When I realize that my countrymen remember this (even if not as well; for every primary school is different), I want to use it to instill a universal ethos, or a point of clarity and focus. America has a purpose and can be vibrant and passionate and powerful, motivated, skilled... and if we can link that passion, pride, and patriotism to the way we internalize politics, and especially bureaucracy and diplomacy, we will speak to the expectations and needs of old and young alike.

My solemn prayer is that we may unite as a world to understand each other in such a way that equality is no longer a slogan synonymous with dance music, but a force by which we govern, lead, and pave the way for future understandings.

Anyway, it's a good song. Congrats to K's Choice on keeping its meaning alive! 👏👏

Last edited:

This song has my immediate attention.

When I realize who I am, my persona, my Qi, and my spirit, rebirth, formative aspirations, and leaders, and guidance,

I realize how founded in falsehood so much of that which I hold near to me is... But I know too that honesty in my persona serves to preserve something necessary in society. And when I fight, and cry, and spit, and bleed, this is the point to which I return (because this song isn't brand new, unlike all the epic and timeless techno released this year which continues to define my collective understanding of life in the society and social norms and values characterizing my environs...) and this helps me still to understand something that is a permanent feature of my existence.

It is powerful and moving, and I highly recommend it, and as the tears try to stream out of the corners of my eyes for the twentieth time in as many hours, I remember something else...

It is Independence Day here. It is emotional for me. We were of an age (I didn't serve in the military) who were sent off to war, reformed and repurposed as GIs... we saw cities burn to defend something we were young enough not to fully understand, and we saw friends die beside us, and had no possible way to understand that the friend beside us was suddenly inert... and gone.

Forever they are gone, and never forgotten. We adorn their grave with tears and memories; the flowers in contrast to the reality. This is how we cope.

I hate the fact that America has become a cliche and somehow synonymous with a jingoistic unfeeling disregard for sovereign tradition and the cultural and social norms of other places. We must preserve that!

But my country isn't all bad... Yesterday, I remembered Gettysburg; not the town in Pennsylvania (I've never been east of Saint Louis, though I love my country) and the Gettysburg address, and President Lincoln, who from my primary education was a central figure; or at least one of the prominent memories.

Lincoln wrote this and read it in 1863:

When I realize that my countrymen remember this (even if not as well; for every primary school is different), I want to use it to instill a universal ethos, or a point of clarity and focus. America has a purpose and can be vibrant and passionate and powerful, motivated, skilled... and if we can link that passion, pride, and patriotism to the way we internalize politics, and especially bureaucracy and diplomacy, we will speak to the expectations and needs of old and young alike.

My solemn prayer is that we may unite as a world to understand each other in such a way that equality is no longer a slogan synonymous with dance music, but a force by which we govern, lead, and pave the way for future understandings.

Anyway, it's a good song. Congrats to K's Choice on keeping its meaning alive! 👏👏

you liked the track then?

Back