What Are You Listening To Right Now??

^ ^ still have the above Clash tracks on 7 inch vinyl. I think* the only time I saw them live was the RAR gig at Victoria Park, Hackney 78, Strummer red tshirt in the Control vid. Remember blowing Tom Robinson a kiss as he left the park in the back of a car.....

I like some Nikki Romero song and I can't remember what it's called but I'm not listening to it right now. Maybe someone can help me with the name of the song.

Listen to Sven Väth – From My Heart To Yours by cocoonrecordings on #SoundCloud

Mentioned here before; spent the summer '82 in nyc, this was everywhere, took a 12" home, still have it, dog chewed sleeve and all.
Other notable tunes that month came from A Flock of Seagulls and Billy Idol, played all the time by that long Island station that had good reception in the city...WXLI or something? I'll look it up....or maybe I shouldn't bother with ancient history....

beats in space are taking a break after 21 years. amazing run. imo one of the best dance shows ever, which completely changed my life.

https://www.mixcloud.com/JunkiesLoops/maceo-plex-rebolledo-beats-in-space-798-2015-09-08/
https://www.mixcloud.com/JunkiesLoops/maceo-plex-rebolledo-beats-in-space-798-2015-09-08/

This is one of my fave BIS from MP
was the right mix at the right time of life for me, we’ve all had those haven’t we?

Might pass on the first one Bahamas..

Bill Brewster mentioned at the end of his Detroit classics show (with Strings Of Life as final tune) he'll probably won't play a Derrick May record ever again.

He also showed himself a supporter of the blacklivesmatter-movement.

I wonder if he changed any part of his DJ history book after the Saville disclosures. The allegations on May are peanuts compared to that story.

Bill Brewster mentioned at the end of his Detroit classics show (with Strings Of Life as final tune) he'll probably won't play a Derrick May record ever again.

He also showed himself a supporter of the blacklivesmatter-movement.

I wonder if he changed any part of his DJ history book after the Saville disclosures. The allegations on May are peanuts compared to that story.

I've known Bill and Frank for years. We don't always agree politically but they are fairly consistent in their beliefs. It was obviously awkward for them that all the Saville stuff came out long after they published the book. Also that JS was an important figure in the history who couldn't simply be airbrushed out of the narrative. One thing is rewriting a book and another is choosing not to play someone's music though. Playing a record feels like an endorsement in a way that telling a story isn't, maybe?

Back