What Are You Listening To Right Now??

currently watching Luke Unabomber lucidly dispense some advice on how to evict tech house fans from your after party :lol:

I admit to being confused upon listening to newer stuff from some of my favorite DJs who decided to play what I would call "Tech-House". But only because I don't know any better. I have googled the difference between "techno" & "house". Google said that house has more swing or something. I guess techno and trance are less nuanced? I don't know...

But if someone were really into the tech-house at an after party, I'd probably be asking them what they consider to be tech-house. :confused:

that video can be interpreted in various ways

1. he hates tech house X
2. he hates people who like tech house X
3. he hates people who like tech house turning up at his house and causing a nuisance ✅

as for SC's point above about genres, I'm unfortunately done discussing genres on here. I just end up boring the pants off everyone. If you're seriously interested, there's a whole load of good music writers out there or docs on You Tube or groups on FB to get involved in. You can make a start by googling disco, house and techno and you'll soon be pointed in the right direction.

I admit to being confused upon listening to newer stuff from some of my favorite DJs who decided to play what I would call "Tech-House". But only because I don't know any better. I have googled the difference between "techno" & "house". Google said that house has more swing or something. I guess techno and trance are less nuanced? I don't know...

But if someone were really into the tech-house at an after party, I'd probably be asking them what they consider to be tech-house. :confused:

I’m also pretty genre blind as it happens, couldn’t tell my tech-house from my techno two step or whatever.

Even if I had a death row reprieve as long as I could ID a genre, I’d press the fry button myself.

Ignorance is bliss sometimes.

Hang around with @craig72 , he’ll teach you how to spot a good transition ??

that video can be interpreted in various ways

1. he hates tech house X
2. he hates people who like tech house X
3. he hates people who like tech house turning up at his house and causing a nuisance ✅

as for SC's point above about genres, I'm unfortunately done discussing genres on here. I just end up boring the pants off everyone. If you're seriously interested, there's a whole load of good music writers out there or docs on You Tube or groups on FB to get involved in. You can make a start by googling disco, house and techno and you'll soon be pointed in the right direction.

A lot of hatred going on there ?

This song has nice production... I like what they're doing on their DAW (digital audio workstation) in that it sounds nuanced, in-depth, thought through. And it's subtleties that I truly dig.

As per our discussion above, I considered most of Digweed's "Bedrock XX" to be tech-house as it were... I'm not sure what you would consider this track, but the more I listen to its long sweeping intro, the more I find it an attractive cut!

Incidentally, the track is "Crazy Diamond - Reprise" by Eagles & Butterflies (you might know of them, but I think they're pretty new as well) as well as Nick Muir who is another DJ at Bedrock I think...

Anybody listen to Denis sultas guest mix on Pete tong show last night?

Really bizarre and pure shite!

Have a listen on the BBC app, last 30 mins of the show, would be interested to know if it's just me getting old ha

Was out last night locally and heard a great DJ I hadn't heard of called Undo. This sort of flavour:

3am shutdown is criminally early though, just as I was getting stuck in!

Back