What are the names of those Lizards?

We need to get Bez (the God not the Happy Mondays guy 🤣) back on the island pronto!
It's getting really serious tho, the other day the press reported a guy killed a snake in front of Lidl in Ibiza, not only a campo problem anymore.

I was told (couple of weeks ago when we was on the island) that the snakes came over when the olive trees started to be imported from Greece however many years ago, is this true? correct me if I’m wrong. And also heard that the snake have almost wiped out the lizards up north but not quite down south of island. Any reason for this or is it a matter of time before they finish off all of the lizards from the island altogether.

I was told (couple of weeks ago when we was on the island) that the snakes came over when the olive trees started to be imported from Greece however many years ago, is this true? correct me if I’m wrong. And also heard that the snake have almost wiped out the lizards up north but not quite down south of island. Any reason for this or is it a matter of time before they finish off all of the lizards from the island altogether.

imported from andalucía in lots of cases.

Just back from a week in Portopetro Majorca, see loads of lizards. Have they got a snake problem anywhere on the island?

Just got home after a week in Ibiza/Formentera, and saw about a dozen lizards (two in Ibiza city itself, by the big car-park!). Normally it's hundreds. Didn't see any snakes, or traps, but I kept to the footpaths around Salinas, the snakes probably avoid humans.

Or could the number of snakes now be declining as they are being trapped, and also their food source running out? If we can eliminate them, even from a small area like Salinas, hopefully somewhere there's a lizard captivity place where they are safe and can breed; and some be released back?

But the disappointing thing was how few there were on Formentera, which I hoped might be easier to clear the snakes as it's smaller than Ibiza.

Just got home after a week in Ibiza/Formentera, and saw about a dozen lizards (two in Ibiza city itself, by the big car-park!). Normally it's hundreds. Didn't see any snakes, or traps, but I kept to the footpaths around Salinas, the snakes probably avoid humans.

Or could the number of snakes now be declining as they are being trapped, and also their food source running out? If we can eliminate them, even from a small area like Salinas, hopefully somewhere there's a lizard captivity place where they are safe and can breed; and some be released back?

But the disappointing thing was how few there were on Formentera, which I hoped might be easier to clear the snakes as it's smaller than Ibiza.

Saw hundreds on one of the cycle paths to es pujols last Oct. My friend there told me Form sadly hasn't escaped the snakes either though

Back