Weekend Tales

Went to lakes to see the witch and the robot on Friday, got smashed, played pool to the early hours. Then family and couch stuff for rest of weekend.

I made a fun little mash up of two herenously cheesy/commercial songs. My girlfriend likes it (God bless her), but I think it's more because I made it, not because it's good.

I recorded my online show, watched a **** load of Transformers, went to Bunnings, bought a new printer and had a merry old time.

i started early last weekend.....i worked miss lib's on thursday night & got smashed..... had a funeral on friday :cry: then had the night off so slept ALL NIGHT LONG.... so fantastic!
satday, i went shopping then went to a mates place for a BBQ & to watch the grand final footy game (AUSSIE RULES NOT SOCCER!! ;)) that progressively went from drinking to debauchery in a few hours & i crashed in my mates spare room! :lol:
sunday: earthdance,....... twas freeeeeezing....! but soooo fun!

cant wait for this weekend! hurry up already!

ugh - shattering weekend. I'm past all this.. seriously :(

friday - after a pitstop at the horse & groom, went to the City Media & Arts Project on City Road, which is a converted restaurant near old st tube, complete with shop windows leaving you feeling quite exposed but it just about came off. Guest was a young fellow who goes by the name of floating points (tunes a bit too broken beat/soulful for my tastes, although roy davis jnr - gabriel always sounds nice) then the late night audio rezzies took over - very good indeed as anyone whose been to the 54 or Visions parties will testify. Then (bizarrely) after a lockin at the charterhouse near fabric, (some gimp in a Hackett shirt spilling a drink over my priceless jacket - :rolleyes:) ran into some of Lisa Loud's friends at an after party nearby, hoovered up what was left and er fell asleep on the least comfortable settee known to man.

....and on to Saturday - down to Brixton for a friend's 39th at a warehouse in loughborough junction. WOW. Classic vibe - the single interchanging light and strobe illuminating the room through the mist, a very good, friendly crowd, uncomfortably sweaty at times, but a very decent room with padded walls and curved roof, a very relaxed attitude to smoking and some fierce tunes - acid, stoner rock, rare disco, vintage techno all thrown in the mix c/o idjut boys and foolish felix - the inevitable WTF conversations in the garden whilst waiting to enter the worst toilet in scotland then on to streatham to afters at a very nice flat, more overflowing ashtrays and then somehow keeping it together on the train back. the longest sunday in bed - 5 hours? 10 hours? who knows? Abigail's Party was inside the observer so watched some of that but my mind was on previous party.

today Roman ruins... next stop: boy's own on saturday and then I'm most likely taking off to an igloo for the winter

sounds wicked olly! gosh i miss london! :cry:

sounds wicked olly! gosh i miss london! :cry:

London certainly notices your absence :lol:

you're not missing that much tbh - I'm getting pretty bored of it all

all I ever want to do these days is sit on settees and meet interesting people or take off to the countryside or cook tortillas

feel the 'old'

:oops:

Back